Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I am angry about the economic exploit.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I am angry about the economic exploit.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kthx
04.27.2012 , 08:17 AM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by ManiacalShen View Post
The head-in-the-sand philosophy is not good for society or the individual.
But your individual share of the damage is less than the benefit accrued the cheater. This is what makes cheating work.

islander
04.27.2012 , 08:19 AM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by Neollama View Post
You see it more because you don't PvP. Meaning things that are normal anomalies you think are cheating because you don't see it on a regular basis.

I've done well over 1000 wz's and i've seen 1 person cheat. i never saw him again.
Be glad you don't have the Brazillians/Warsong Gulch crew on your server :/
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

ZackAlklazaris
04.27.2012 , 08:20 AM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Hxxr View Post
I blame the console generation that moved into online PC gaming.

They had cheats there, why not try it in another genre?
Like PC never had cheats. lol hell we had more not just ~ console cheats. We had trainers!
The Shadowlands | "Order of Darkness"
--------Alklazaris - Sorcerer - DPS
--------Sa-Kan - Sniper - DPS
"Dear BW, Please nerf Paper, Scissors is fine, signed Rock"

Darkrobes
04.27.2012 , 08:22 AM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by bheta View Post
What happened to the players who have 500 million credits?

that's what i want to know, i have been busting my toon's *** for credit's and here these people win from an exploit.

I normally do not care about this stuff, but i am irked by this.

How does everyone else feel about this?
Ok, I will be the stupid guy for a second....what exactly was the exploit? I have never even heard of something like this, so I am very curious. Thanks for serious responses

ManiacalShen
04.27.2012 , 08:24 AM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by Kthx View Post
But your individual share of the damage is less than the benefit accrued the cheater. This is what makes cheating work.
Are you saying, "When **** rolls downhill, it spreads thin, so you shouldn't care when you get hit by the ****?" I'm just checking. I'm not sure I've ever heard the, "Well, it's not THAT bad that you unfairly compensate for/suffer because of X people who are committing Y crime-that-isn't-drug-use," argument before.

Darth_Moonshadow
04.27.2012 , 08:25 AM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by kryator View Post
Will see, one of my guild mates abused of this exploit, just spent millions credit, in full unlocks (tabs, bank tabs, legacy), stims, rare materials, bought all mounts, etc...

And still got around 750 million credits, i want to see if Bioware does something to him...ill tell you guys as soon as i have news, at this exact moment, nothing has been done to him.
Have you reported him?

Because if you do not, that makes you an accessory to Exploiting.

You don't get in trouble for it, but you look like a total d-bag because of it.
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

Einsamerlobo
04.27.2012 , 08:26 AM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
Have you reported him?

Because if you do not, that makes you an accessory to Exploiting.

You don't get in trouble for it, but you look like a total d-bag because of it.
read. the. entire. post.

Roccobb
04.27.2012 , 08:28 AM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Neollama View Post
You see it more because you don't PvP. Meaning things that are normal anomalies you think are cheating because you don't see it on a regular basis.

I've done well over 1000 wz's and i've seen 1 person cheat. i never saw him again.
Look on youtube. Search for swtor speed hack pvp. There are quite a few videos there. I have been in 1 match where this happened in personally. He went from one side of the arena over the goal line in like 2 seconds. It was the second time I ever left a wz...
Let's bring on a real PVP tournament! Check it out, comment, add your support or non support. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=868431

Darth_Moonshadow
04.27.2012 , 08:29 AM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by Einsamerlobo View Post
read. the. entire. post.
That. was. his. entire. post.

Why. are. we. talking. like. this?
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

SWaotc
04.27.2012 , 08:30 AM | #90
If someone discovers an exploit then they should report it to bioware, by not doing so and using the exploit for their own gains they are cheating just the same as any hacker. This should result in a complete ban. As for those who believe that the results of punishments are not our business, i say the complete opposite, these people should be named and shamed and their punishment held up as an example. Otherwise how are we as a community supposed to have any confidence in bioware? For all we know they do nothing at all to these people, i for one want proof that they deal with these players accordingly.