Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

I am angry about the economic exploit.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I am angry about the economic exploit.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

GalacticKegger's Avatar


GalacticKegger
04.27.2012 , 09:55 AM | #121
People who rob banks eventually get caught and pay the price. But since the banks won't run out of money any time soon (at least from bank heists), and a player's avarice won't effect how I play, I'm not terribly concerned.
Peace out . . .

Dext's Avatar


Dext
04.27.2012 , 09:57 AM | #122
This is how I would handle it:

I would not ban them but take all the Legacy unlocks you pay for away and take there credits down to 1 mill. People do need some cash to really play the game that is why I would leave them with one million. Let them keep there armor and weapon's. Also I would but a strike on the account it's self, if you get 3 then they should be banned.

An to just let them know what they did was not good I would temp ban them for 2 or 3 days.
CE VIP
Current Book: Vector Prime
Next Book: Dark Tide I: Onslaught
New Republic Navy

Dext's Avatar


Dext
04.27.2012 , 10:00 AM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by GalacticKegger View Post
People who rob banks eventually get caught and pay the price. But since the banks won't run out of money any time soon (at least from bank heists), and a player's avarice won't effect how I play, I'm not terribly concerned.
Why it may not affect your game play it's self it well mess with the Marked in the game and that really effects every one.
CE VIP
Current Book: Vector Prime
Next Book: Dark Tide I: Onslaught
New Republic Navy

Niddles's Avatar


Niddles
04.27.2012 , 10:00 AM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by Dext View Post
This is how I would handle it:

I would not ban them but take all the Legacy unlocks you pay for away and take there credits down to 1 mill. People do need some cash to really play the game that is why I would leave them with one million. Let them keep there armor and weapon's. Also I would but a strike on the account it's self, if you get 3 then they should be banned.

An to just let them know what they did was not good I would temp ban them for 2 or 3 days.
AKA "Slap on the wrist". You want the devs to act like a parent who tells their child "If you do that again we'll be really really mad! And do something bad! But this time we'll just take the cookies you stole back and let it slide."

grezgorz's Avatar


grezgorz
04.27.2012 , 10:07 AM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by Kthx View Post
What part of "specific instructions are not permitted" do you not understand?
Since it's been patched, any 'specific instructions' would no longer work, and would therefore no longer be 'specific instructions' on how to exploit.

G_Vega's Avatar


G_Vega
04.27.2012 , 10:10 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by Neollama View Post
You see it more because you don't PvP. Meaning things that are normal anomalies you think are cheating because you don't see it on a regular basis.

I've done well over 1000 wz's and i've seen 1 person cheat. i never saw him again.
Just because I don't do it much, doesn't mean that I can't see if someone is jumping from the ground to the top level. It's VERY easy to spot people cheating in Hutt Ball. I KNOW how long the cool downs on powers are. If you choose to ignore the obvious, more power to ya.
50 Marauder, Sentinel, Vanguard, Mercenary, Juggernaut

It's a long way back to Grandville, but these wonderful devs keep updating my GPS...

Kthx's Avatar


Kthx
04.27.2012 , 10:11 AM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by Dext View Post
This is how I would handle it...
I would set a flag on their account that made whatever armor they wore appear pink. I think that would solve the problem pretty quickly.

DragoAskani's Avatar


DragoAskani
04.27.2012 , 10:13 AM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by G_Vega View Post
Just because I don't do it much, doesn't mean that I can't see if someone is jumping from the ground to the top level. It's VERY easy to spot people cheating in Hutt Ball. I KNOW how long the cool downs on powers are. If you choose to ignore the obvious, more power to ya.
I have a 50 jugg on Jung Ma, I can jump 3 times in 4 global cooldowns, whats your point?
Charge, force push something, charge, intercede

Cryptology Yosef : Sith Assassin

-The Fatman- Pink Boots!
Abuna's Healing UI's @ swtorui

Roccobb's Avatar


Roccobb
04.27.2012 , 10:14 AM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by Dext View Post
This is how I would handle it:

I would not ban them but take all the Legacy unlocks you pay for away and take there credits down to 1 mill. People do need some cash to really play the game that is why I would leave them with one million. Let them keep there armor and weapon's. Also I would but a strike on the account it's self, if you get 3 then they should be banned.

An to just let them know what they did was not good I would temp ban them for 2 or 3 days.
Leave them 2k. 1 million would be too much. LOL, I accidentally overspent the other day on my level 50 main.... Spammed CS for hours and hours. Went from 450k to 63 credits. I didn't even have enough gold to get from fleet to Hoth. Had to go to Alderaan to do some of those heroics to make enough to get to Hoth. Didn't even have enough money to get a speeder.

You can recover from any loss of money.
Let's bring on a real PVP tournament! Check it out, comment, add your support or non support. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=868431

WoodChipper's Avatar


WoodChipper
04.27.2012 , 10:15 AM | #130
I wish I could get a few million credits
http://woodenfilms.webs.com/apps/videos/ -------- Wanna see epic online videos? This is the hot spot!