Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I am angry about the economic exploit.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I am angry about the economic exploit.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JimG
04.27.2012 , 09:26 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Bloodstealer View Post
Since day 1, and before, the cheaters and exploiters have been allowed to do it over and over... when reported they get a simple slap on the wrist and a stern "DONT DO THAT!" then are allowed back in, keeping what they had amassed and went about the business of finding something new to work on ... it happens in every game..
Not true, they've permanently banned people in the past for hacks and exploits.

Niddles
04.27.2012 , 09:30 AM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by BuckShotSchell View Post
I hope we get the details as well. Name them and shame them, then bring the bann hammer down! However we have to remember there are a lot more players the 'devs. If a person is inclined to cheat they figure it out and share it faster than the devs can catch it. It is like law enforcement the devs are slways going to be playing catch up.

It seems to me that they caught this one pretty quick and fixed ot though. Jist that the community in general expects things to be fixed as soon as we see it which is generally before the devs notice. Maybe a little patience on our part and making sure that "we" the honest gamers keep informing the devs would go a long way to making things better.
I'm fine with how long it took to fix it, I just want every person who can be detected using this to be swiftly banned or at the very least suspended.

Parali
04.27.2012 , 09:31 AM | #113
Hello!

We understand that the community is very concerned about exploits and curious about what exploits are out there. However, since we do not want to encourage bad behavior, we do not talk about specifics and ask that our community members also avoid talking about specifics.

In addition, we'd like to remind everyone that talking about actions taken against player accounts is not permitted.

Thank you!

Niddles
04.27.2012 , 09:36 AM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Parali View Post
Hello!

We understand that the community is very concerned about exploits and curious about what exploits are out there. However, since we do not want to encourage bad behavior, we do not talk about specifics and ask that our community members also avoid talking about specifics.

In addition, we'd like to remind everyone that talking about actions taken against player accounts is not permitted.

Thank you!

So someone on the forums can't tell us if his guildmate gets banned? And we sit here having no idea whether or not our already fragile server "economy" has been flooded with an extra 5-10 billion credits at least?

ThiborF
04.27.2012 , 09:39 AM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by tloops View Post
and you believe that? if so i have beach front property in arizona id like to sell you. his reply to you was just covering his own butt. if his guild did not like what he was doing they would have kicked him and distanced themselves from him. you know all to well the whole guild benifited from this,and anyone that tells you otherwise is lying.
Got to love how anonymous people jump to quick judgments of others without knowing them or the circumstances AT ALL.
And people wonder how as a society we had the Salem witch hunts or the Communism hunts of the McCarthy era.

"Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand.
Ignorance and prejudice, and fear walk hand in hand."

Mankind, doomed to continuously repeat the idiocy of the past without pausing to reflect and learn.

BuckShotSchell
04.27.2012 , 09:41 AM | #116
Awwwwww moooooooom. Its more fun when you know what happen to your wayward siblings. Seriuosly though devs im trying to defend you a bit here, but i do feel if the community as a whole knew what the punishment was then it might discourage future cheaters. You keep pointing out that "it cant be discussed" is going to lead to more posts about how it is only a slap on the wrist and the cheaters will keep cheating. Just my opinion though.
"In the force we trust. All others must pay cash!"
Cpt. BuckshotSchell, 'Lv 50 Slinger, Bucaneer, Lady's Man.
"To serve the light, sometimes we must walk in the dark"
Haruhi, Dark Sentinel, Knight of Dubrillion

ComeAndSee
04.27.2012 , 09:42 AM | #117
I hosted a private server for several months.

The #1 thing I learned is that my players would try to exploit and cheat you from every different angle whenever possible. I was very lenient -- I would give them slaps in the hands and take away what they did, but getting them to admit to anything was difficult.

The worst were the people who threatened to quit the server if you didn't roll back the server over trivial stuff. Why? I can type a MYSQL script and in less than 10 seconds remove any items / money from people who exploited. Hell, I could log on any ones account I expected of exploiting and take a look whenever I wanted.

It was an endless battle. I would do it again, but this time right.
| Shayera Zhukov | Marshal of The Republic Army | Shield Vanguard | Jedi Covenant |

"It's not cheating unless you get caught."

Skolops
04.27.2012 , 09:43 AM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by Niddles View Post
So someone on the forums can't tell us if his guildmate gets banned? And we sit here having no idea whether or not our already fragile server "economy" has been flooded with an extra 5-10 billion credits at least?
Where are you getting "billion" from?

Kthx
04.27.2012 , 09:43 AM | #119
So someone on the forums can't tell us if his guildmate gets banned?
Exactly. I don't know how it is possible to misinterpret "talking about actions taken against player accounts is not permitted."

And we sit here having no idea whether or not our already fragile server "economy" has been flooded with an extra 5-10 billion credits at least?
Can you explain how you arrived at this number? If not, I can also make up numbers. Last time there was a credit exploit, the doom-and-gloom crowd proclaimed that this would ruin the economy, and that didn't happen then either.

Finally, if your use of quotation marks around "economy" is a cynical statement that you belong in the camp who claim there is no economy, why do you care?

Niddles
04.27.2012 , 09:46 AM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by Kthx View Post
Exactly. I don't know how it is possible to misinterpret "talking actions taken against player accounts is not permitted."

Can you explain how you arrived at this number? If not, I can also make up numbers. Last time there was a credit exploit, the doom-and-gloom crowd proclaimed that this would ruin the economy, and that didn't happen then either.

Finally, if your use of quotation marks around "economy" is a cynical statement that you belong in the camp who claim there is no economy, why do you care?
We've already heard that one guy who used this got full unlocks on everything and was left with 750 million credits. Is it that hard to imagine 5 people per server?