Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cybertechs need love too...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Cybertechs need love too...

04.27.2012 , 07:35 AM | #11
At the risk of making cyber sounding useful I've crit crafted custom droid parts for my trooper alt's companion with the ultimate plan of handing down endgame upgrades into those slots in addition to augments.

In the meantime I've crafted levelling armouring and mods for the droid parts, and my artifice alt has supplied the enhancements. Trooper alt, if he ever returns grade 4 augment schematics will fill up augment slots from his armourmech.

04.27.2012 , 10:30 AM | #12
made some suggestions of my own

basically, 1 time use summoning droid, "weapon enchant" - like mainhand only mods, +speed vehicle stims etc

The key is to give cybertechs something that has a high and consistent demand. Earpieces aren't great (you have two implant slots, 5 armor slots, 2 weapon slots for some toons). Grenades aren't good enough to be profitable. Vehicles...ha. Droid parts...ha. Ship parts...ha.

We really need something to make money with.

04.27.2012 , 03:16 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhaphael View Post
Droid schematics can be crit crafted now to provide an augment slot. That includes the droid Parts (the wrist/belt equivalent), making droids the only companions with augments possible in the wrist/belt slots.
Anyone sinking that much time or resources into companion gear.. has too much time and resources...
I cant speak for the trooper droid, but Agent's melee tank companion is hardly choice over the ranged tank or healer companions. And wasting augmented gear on a companion just feels blasphemous at this point. (p.s. armortech could crit wrists and belts too if you really wanted to, rakata too.)

The only way I see droid parts becoming a hot item is if the rumored HK droid companion gets added to the game.
The Vicious Legacy
Random'hajile - Aeons - Gillian'Seed - Nati - Pirate'bay - Romana'II - Bozik
Thana'vėsh - Casaiss - Ghost-chops - Tuskenking - Cookģepuss - Rõland

04.30.2012 , 04:39 PM | #14
I can't sell a speeder for the life if me.
The price to make totally out ways what you can make
Off selling them. Better off selling the mats and then they don't come directly form cyber tech .
Maybe if they added a way for us to make a two seater one with a long cool down so
People don't all go and switch over to CT or maybe let us make pet droids something we can keep
Selling I used to make good money off ship upgrades but most people don't need them anymore.
I have to say I think bioware has made a great game they just don't know how to run it. Why so many big mistakes!

04.30.2012 , 06:02 PM | #15
Cybertech should make the consumable to add an augment slot to armor and weapons.
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!
Referral Link---> <---Referral Link

04.30.2012 , 07:29 PM | #16
I think it would make sense for cybertech to make augments and armormech to make armoring, since augments seem like they would need a higher level of technological expertise (in the real world at least.) It would give cybertech a high end item to sell for credits as well. The only problem would be that armormech could make their own armoring for their gear, but without enhancements and mods, it should balance out.

04.30.2012 , 07:54 PM | #17
at the moment im trying to re the blackhole dps earpiece for mercs. and hoping it will sell at least as good as the columi crit.....when i get the better side of the 20% chance to re. i would try to sell columi, but for some reason..........the sellers have dropped it to almost mat price.
The Fatman

05.01.2012 , 02:24 AM | #18
Because 1.2 was supposedly the "Crafting" patch, I have a sinking feeling that Cybertech isn't going to see anything good for a long, long time. I suppose it's fine to have on an alt you don't really care about, but it's a complete waste on a main. My Synth and Armormech characters get my attention now, with augments and augmented armor, while my Cybertech character just provides mats with Scavenging.

What they really should have done, and I do NOT understand why they didn't, is to allow Cybertechs to make the sensor devices that give the ship's droid crafting bonuses. That would have been perfect. I also think Cybertech should have gotten the ability to make certain defensive augments, as well, such as Absorb and Shield. Ah well, too late now.

I think it's a pretty safe drop.

05.01.2012 , 04:12 PM | #19
i think they're gonna give us the schem to add augment slots to gear. would be a pretty solid boost, alongside some new speeder models that are not reskins
The Fatman

05.01.2012 , 04:59 PM | #20
Well, I think at least the materials required to craft mod should be half or that for Armoring.
I would rather buy the mods from commendation vendors because it only costs 2 marks, while the mats for the mods (especially blue one) is just not worth to craft them, not to mention you still need to have the luck and mats to get the blue schematics. Besides, the upgrade of stats between mods are pretty small even they are like 8 levels away.