Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cybertechs need love too...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Cybertechs need love too...

Carico
04.27.2012 , 12:51 AM | #1
1.2 as brought practically nothing to cybertechs. The ability to sell speeders is pretty much useless considering the cost to make. And with yet a new tier of raiding and pvp not many people want to lvl 49 earpieces, and lvl 49 mods and armoring never sold well from the get go. I've only seen 1 claim of RE a mod from blackhole gear, not the armoring. And this is just pve, there is literally nothing new for cybertechs for pvp, where all the armor crafters get new orange patterns that will sell extremely well, since augmented shells are the best you can get. Even though its not much, artificers get color crystals, at least that's something. But unless you're in an endgame raid guild and have blackhole gear on farm, there's no way for anyone else to learn those patterns, and not necessarily blackhole rated patters, but even lower rated lvl 50 patters, there is nothing a cybertech can learn. And you can't RE pvp mods either, not even the obsolete centurion nor champion gear can be RE to new patterns. So why was it a point to say you can RE endgame loot to learn those patterns when the ones that can be learned are not only few, but very difficult to obtain?
Burden I see your schwartz is as big as mine

jolleebindu
04.27.2012 , 01:04 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Carico View Post
1.2 as brought practically nothing to cybertechs. The ability to sell speeders is pretty much useless considering the cost to make. And with yet a new tier of raiding and pvp not many people want to lvl 49 earpieces, and lvl 49 mods and armoring never sold well from the get go. I've only seen 1 claim of RE a mod from blackhole gear, not the armoring. And this is just pve, there is literally nothing new for cybertechs for pvp, where all the armor crafters get new orange patterns that will sell extremely well, since augmented shells are the best you can get. Even though its not much, artificers get color crystals, at least that's something. But unless you're in an endgame raid guild and have blackhole gear on farm, there's no way for anyone else to learn those patterns, and not necessarily blackhole rated patters, but even lower rated lvl 50 patters, there is nothing a cybertech can learn. And you can't RE pvp mods either, not even the obsolete centurion nor champion gear can be RE to new patterns. So why was it a point to say you can RE endgame loot to learn those patterns when the ones that can be learned are not only few, but very difficult to obtain?
what about consumables that allow you to transfer mods/armoring and others into other gear, without costing credits directly? Consuming the level corresponding crafting mats... would reduce the cost of transferring items indirectly, and would give cybertech another consumable to make.
JolleeBindu
<|====|::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

fongers
04.27.2012 , 01:07 AM | #3
Yeah I agree with this. It would be a good idea if cybertechs could at least create PvP mods equal to or a little better than Recruit armour stats and PvE mods between Tionese and Columni. I imagine both would sell very well. You ding 50 and instead of dropping 300k on non-customizable blue Recruit armour with crappy main stats, you spend a little more to get PvP mods and armour made by cybertechs that you could mix and match. Same for PvE - you ding 50 and can jump straight into Ops and flashpoints without being severely undergeared. At the very least cybertechs should be able to make mods and armour superior to the pieces you get from dailies.

Carico
04.27.2012 , 01:37 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by jolleebindu View Post
what about consumables that allow you to transfer mods/armoring and others into other gear, without costing credits directly? Consuming the level corresponding crafting mats... would reduce the cost of transferring items indirectly, and would give cybertech another consumable to make.
Sorry for my ignorance, but where are these consumables? Are they a trainer pattern? Where ever they come from, I don't recall them being mentioned in any verson of patch notes.
Burden I see your schwartz is as big as mine

TheRealBowser
04.27.2012 , 01:41 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by jolleebindu View Post
IMO you should be able to 'salvage' gear to destroy the item but remove the mods without paying credits. I think a lot of people would appreciate this, especially on artifact PVP armor and the like.

As for cybertech, yeah they do have it a little rough right now. On the bright side, they did get a +5 critical bonus from the ship droid, and criticals on mods and armoring makes bonus items (I do not believe it used to).

Lumenadducere
04.27.2012 , 03:45 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Carico View Post
Sorry for my ignorance, but where are these consumables? Are they a trainer pattern? Where ever they come from, I don't recall them being mentioned in any verson of patch notes.
Jollee was suggesting them as a possible solution, not stating that they were already in-game.

parmie
04.27.2012 , 05:47 AM | #7
Indeed, nothing new in this thread thats not been said before, but I shall agree.

The grenades are not good enough to make up for the lack of any other BiS crafting. As all bosses are immune to the stun effects only firestorm is any use on PvE as an extra DoT.

Starting to make it comparable to the other crafting skills even pre 1.2 would have been a vendor schematic for a BoP rakata earpiece. Craftable Tionese earpieces are BoP which is a silly oversight, can't sell those, I can make a columi ear which sells for about 90k but I haven't crit crafted one yet to charge a BiS price. Even then they are only affordable to craft via a slicing alt feeding 340 missions for the 8 mando irons it needs.

BoE speeders without reducing the material requierments or even providing new schematics for 110% was just a waste of some developer time. I'll keep it due to the number of RE schematics I've learnt and against a much needed future buff (most augments should have been cyber).

stormravn
04.27.2012 , 05:55 AM | #8
yea i have to agree with OP i am a cybertech but theres really nothing unless i am hittin ec hard to learn patterns ... kinda lame

ViciousFett
04.27.2012 , 05:59 AM | #9
Droid parts are a joke too. Only Agent has a serious droid companion, which is kind of useless compared to the ranged tank. Also, to get the best RE'ed droid parts you have to RE artifact quality parts wasting very expensive mando iron. You would be much better off buying orange or looted purple parts and putting the item modifications from Bounty Hunter gear in them if you really want to gear out Scorpio.

I feel making the new droid crafting sensors purchasable from a Legacy vendor was a huge mistake when they could have been a great addition to cyber tech.
The Vicious Legacy
My referral link
CE VIP

Rhaphael
04.27.2012 , 06:49 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ViciousFett View Post
Droid parts are a joke too. Only Agent has a serious droid companion, which is kind of useless compared to the ranged tank. Also, to get the best RE'ed droid parts you have to RE artifact quality parts wasting very expensive mando iron. You would be much better off buying orange or looted purple parts and putting the item modifications from Bounty Hunter gear in them if you really want to gear out Scorpio.

I feel making the new droid crafting sensors purchasable from a Legacy vendor was a huge mistake when they could have been a great addition to cyber tech.
Droid schematics can be crit crafted now to provide an augment slot. That includes the droid Parts (the wrist/belt equivalent), making droids the only companions with augments possible in the wrist/belt slots.