Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Armor Dyes?

Finduilose
05.04.2012 , 04:03 PM | #21
I think dyes would be a good idea, and as for incorporating a dye system into a already planned game is not that hard. It is just a matter of codes and a matter of implying them into the system. All games are made the same way, regardless of "what" it is, and it can be very easily done and it doesn't make any since on why people would be bothered by having it. It would unify colors better, and having the unify colors system in wasn't a bad idea, cept here is the problem. A friend of mine are both playing the same type of character (smuggler) we are leveling right next to each other, so the armor he get's I get. The only difference is that I am female and he is male. We both LOOK identical other than the fact that we are different sexes. So that's the problem that I have with the whole "unify colors system"! But like most of you, you don't have a clue what there is to make a game and introduce something new. It takes time and just a little information gathering and BOOM you can make something into the game. Not to mention selling dyes on the auction would help the crafters that don't make a lot of money because their "parts" aren't wanted very much to get a little bit of what they deserve. But like normal, most of the people won't listen to the ones that know what their talking about and listen to the children that are going to whine, so I am sure no one here has to worry about getting a dye system into the game. It is pointless to even worry about it, and I am not even 100% sure why I bother with my case. I thought it was an interesting topic and thought that people would actually understand it rather than whine and cry about "oh someone did this, or oh someone made someone mad", but like in every game system you have, your gonna have those one that are going to complain because of something that someone says.

havok_bloodcraft
05.04.2012 , 04:52 PM | #22
I have a chest-piece that has 5 different color versions for my warrior black/blue, black/red, black,purple, red/black, and brown/black. I would like dye to make it black/green because that is the color scheme I want but cannot currently. on my inquisitor it is worse as I possess 13 that are the same model with different coloring. Obviously at this point color has nothing to do with artistic integrity and each piece has a number of colors at play such a 1 2 3 and 4 color spots, why can we not change these to other colors?

Swijr
05.07.2012 , 07:00 AM | #23
In SWG, our PVP group ran around in all black composite armor with red helms. It was our group, other players knew it was our group and that added to the fun.

That's what I want dyes for. Before they even see our names....they'll see our colors. :P

Swijr
.: System :. | Jedi Covenant | Republic PVP Guild | Chat Info

JebusMcgee
05.07.2012 , 07:57 AM | #24
This has my support. I cant understand why it isn't already implemented.
Death is such a small impediment.

Finduilose
05.08.2012 , 01:22 PM | #25
amen!
Quote: Originally Posted by swijr View Post
in swg, our pvp group ran around in all black composite armor with red helms. It was our group, other players knew it was our group and that added to the fun.

That's what i want dyes for. Before they even see our names....they'll see our colors.

swijr

Dhariq
05.10.2012 , 05:54 AM | #26
They seem to lack understanding what others like and just simply sell (code) what they like. It will hurt in the long run I suppose. I for one wonder where they been the last years given that they do not incorporate basic mmo stuff in general.
New awesome feature in next big patch! Customize your UI... ehrm... ok.

burnerboy
05.10.2012 , 06:31 AM | #27
Remove armor from planet vendors, give them armor dyes instead, and add shcematics for the armors removed for crafters to find (UWT, TH, ect.)

WickedPrince
05.10.2012 , 06:48 AM | #28
I agree, this would be really nice. One of the things I really liked about Neverwinter Nights was that you could buy dye kits that would change the color of specific materials to different colors from base to customize your own gear so you could stand out.

Jamesona
05.10.2012 , 06:59 AM | #29
really needed.... right now everyone is wearing the same thing and even tho i spent hundreds of thousands of creds pulling mods i still don;t feel like i look remotely unique in game.

Finduilose
05.14.2012 , 11:50 AM | #30
Dyes would be really nice. I know several people that have SEVERAL different outfits with some of the same stats because they get bored with looking like everyone else they come across. Maybe one day we'll get lucky and they will implement dyes into the game. *Crosses fingers*