Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Am i bad lol

Vincealor
04.26.2012 , 03:25 PM | #1
Ok so i know the ins and outs of PVP. I got a 50 warlord assasin. Soo ive joined the light side and ive started a Sent.

I'm currently level 20 and suck at pvp. I cant kill anyone its like im waving around to wet sponges for sabers and die soo fast. I just get stun locked and owned..

Is there a build i need to be targeting or do i need to learn how to play? im confused i cant get my head around why at this level every other class ive played is at least fun at pvp. I feel like im a waste of space in pvp
<DURMANHOTH CLAN (portnowhere>

grabczas
04.26.2012 , 06:23 PM | #2
Maybe its just my opinion but probably until level 40+ it's always hard for Sent's. A lot of people claim that on 50 lvl you will be called OP for the other hand x)

I have 47 lvl right now (my first character) and my state is that real life for sents starts after you have last skill in tree you use (Blade Rush for combat and Merc Slash for Watchman tough i didnt play Focus). So take your time and lvl up your sent first

Also there is great possibility that only i suck at PvP and someone will give you some real advice ^^"

AngusFTW
04.26.2012 , 06:32 PM | #3
Sentinels kinda suck at lower levels when you don't have the majority of your def abilities yet..

Hizoka
04.26.2012 , 09:50 PM | #4
if you have to ask if you are bad then you should know the answer.

Vincealor
04.27.2012 , 02:08 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Hizoka View Post
if you have to ask if you are bad then you should know the answer.
I asked the question because I wasn't sure I've levelled other classes into there 20's and even at say level 10 in war zones I had some fun. It just seems with the sentinel that i get my face smashed in unless im assisting people in a zerg. If i leap in and become main target im dead...but im sure that's the same for any class if you get focus fired.

Also in one v ones i rarely win. I don't seem to have a stun, if i get knocked back its difficult to catch up (although ive just specced focus so the other leap at 10m is handy)

Maybe im used to my Assassin tank in dps gear winning every 1v1 and not dying in seconds. I know I cant compare a 20 sent to a 50 assassin in that sense. Maybe just need to adjust my play style and not be so brave. Hang back wait for someone else to start the fighting and just assist in taking people out. Id explain my rotation or what abilities i use in certain situations but I cant remember the names of them
<DURMANHOTH CLAN (portnowhere>

wtfimblue
04.27.2012 , 02:23 AM | #6
Same as it always been for sentinels these past 5 months now: they typically suck before 40
sword in a box | 12.02.2011 , 10:37 AM

can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

SteveGarbage
04.27.2012 , 10:13 AM | #8
As was said, a lot of defensive abilities really don't come into play until higher levels. Plus, like most classes, your damage won't really pick until those upper levels.

It could be that you're bad. Sentinel does take a lot of training and understanding of how to use your skills and knowing your strengths and weaknesses. But it may also be that you're just caught in that weak zone.
Ebon Hawk Server - RP/East
Arteris Silverquill 50 Sentinel Watchman
|||Father of|||
Arianya Silverquill 20 Shadow Kinetic

RoyFokker
04.29.2012 , 01:49 PM | #9
It's not so much your defensive abilities as much as it is the best damage abilities of the class you can't talent up properly till you hit your 40's.

Razot
04.30.2012 , 12:30 AM | #10
Sent 1-40 = Suck
41-50 = Win!
50 pre BM gear = Suck I think sorce/sage and sent/mara are the worst to grind up for PVP gear
50 with BM gear= WIN!