Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Needing on upgrades ... Problem?


Valhalyn's Avatar


Valhalyn
04.26.2012 , 11:28 AM | #11
I guess you're new here....you do know that not one class outside of the AC's uses the same stats...and if they set a loot system that only allows the class it was meant for to roll on it...it solves all the ninja problems for the most part...The jerks already exist...they're already ruining groups...But its just easier to say "Oh the community is fine, it was that damned LFG tool that ruined the game" Maybe it's because you dont get to pick who you run with that most of you have the sphincter size of a pellet.

If you dont like it, here's an idea. DONT USE IT, no one is saying you have to. You can sit in general and spam for groups all you want. Since a Same server LFG tool will be nothing more than an /LFG channel. Which doesn't even come close to solving the server population problems.

KorinHyvek's Avatar


KorinHyvek
04.26.2012 , 11:34 AM | #12
Let me try to reconstruct the situation. You are a Jedi Guardian. The first Boss dropped a piece of Medium armor with +Strength, +Endurance.

Here's where ettiquette comes in. If an item is a straight, as is upgrade for you, you can always need it. But if you're needing it for the modifications in it or the shell, then you need to ask.

As for the lightsaber, I suspect it was a case of you needing on a DPS saber when you're a tank, or vice versa. Or you didn't look too closely and needed on an offhand only saber.

Beerwar's Avatar


Beerwar
04.26.2012 , 01:55 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by KorinHyvek View Post
Let me try to reconstruct the situation. You are a Jedi Guardian. The first Boss dropped a piece of Medium armor with +Strength, +Endurance.

Here's where ettiquette comes in. If an item is a straight, as is upgrade for you, you can always need it. But if you're needing it for the modifications in it or the shell, then you need to ask.

As for the lightsaber, I suspect it was a case of you needing on a DPS saber when you're a tank, or vice versa. Or you didn't look too closely and needed on an offhand only saber.
Actually, the first boss dropped Heavy armor.
Last boss dropped the lightsaber but said One-hand. But for others it was a gun or off/one-hand.

And as a Guardian, im a dpser. I don't tank.
Guardian had 1 tank spec & 2 dps specs. So ive been dps since level 10.

Codek's Avatar


Codek
04.26.2012 , 02:15 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Beerwar View Post
Actually, the first boss dropped Heavy armor.
Last boss dropped the lightsaber but said One-hand. But for others it was a gun or off/one-hand.

And as a Guardian, im a dpser. I don't tank.
Guardian had 1 tank spec & 2 dps specs. So ive been dps since level 10.
Different classes see the same loot, the item was either a one-hand light saber or a pistol. Could not have been both.
~Codek

Beerwar's Avatar


Beerwar
04.26.2012 , 03:24 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Codek View Post
Different classes see the same loot, the item was either a one-hand light saber or a pistol. Could not have been both.
Then that sorts my problem out.. It was a one-hand lightsaber with STR, END + Force Power.. So, smuggler was flaming at me for some loot he couldn't use & the other 3 Jedi Knights (Dunno the other classes name part from Guardian) Lost a fair loot roll..

Well, now I feel better.

TitusVorenus's Avatar


TitusVorenus
04.27.2012 , 01:28 AM | #16
Roll what you roll.


That's always been my philosophy with regards to this. If I want something, I'll roll for it. If I don't want it, I won't. Whenever people ask "Do you mind if I...?" I just tell them: Roll what you roll.

Ignore the jerks. It's your game. Yes, you play it with other people, but ultimately it's your money out of your pocket every month. Roll what you roll.
The Former Dalexeo Cobja of Starsider
Vorenus Faustus--Vanguard, Helm of Graush
Sygnus Faustus--Scoundrel, Helm of Graush
Vorbeck--Sniper, Ven Zallow

davloh's Avatar


davloh
04.27.2012 , 01:40 AM | #17
Guardian rolling need on heavy armor and str? Sounds good.
Players should ideally only roll on their main stats items and highest AC.
IF there are sentinels in the group, ask him before you roll need on a str medium armor even though you might be using light/med armors for some reason.

While leveling i managed to group up with 2 republics troopers and 1 of them rolled need on my sentinel's medium armor / str item and won.
While both idiot troopers (friends) defended that decision stating it was an upgrade. Obviously retarded.
They quickly earn spots in my ignore list.
Loot is very easy to get , no need to spolit your reputation for it.
Davloh War Hero - Sniper
DavlohHandsome Nub - Sentinel
Swiftsure Server

DakoHawk's Avatar


DakoHawk
04.27.2012 , 02:51 AM | #18
Lol, I had a sentinel need on some cunning implants, because it was an "upgrade". You just grit your teeth and do flash points with all the crazies till you hit 50 and you can get a guild. Try not to worry to much.

SpoeMeister's Avatar


SpoeMeister
04.27.2012 , 02:55 AM | #19
So I tend to agree to only need on gear that improves your main stats, but I tend to disagree with the statement that you can't need it if it's for the mods only... The mods are exactly what you need, not the shell.

When I levelled with my Operative, sometimes there would drop a sniper rifle. IF I'm the only Agent in the group, I need it because I can pull out the mods for my character. If there's another agent (sniper or operative) that rule still applies... Both can use the upgrade, so both can need it.

OP: I think you were right. But some people get frustrated when they don't get the gear they want and they want to take it out on the people that do. In that case, just put the flamer on the /ignore list.
Everything will be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not yet the end.

Spivak Legacy (ToFN)
SpoeMeister Orrusos Do'chan Nadobo

geulsae's Avatar


geulsae
04.27.2012 , 12:26 PM | #20
See, this is the kind of douchebaggery that irks me.
You're saying that even if there was a sniper in the group, you would roll need on a sniper rifle just for the mod?
It's equivalent to non-Jedi/Sith rolling need on a lightsaber just because it's got some color crystal.
Never roll need on class-specific items that you can't use, unless given permission.

Quote: Originally Posted by SpoeMeister View Post
So I tend to agree to only need on gear that improves your main stats, but I tend to disagree with the statement that you can't need it if it's for the mods only... The mods are exactly what you need, not the shell.

When I levelled with my Operative, sometimes there would drop a sniper rifle. IF I'm the only Agent in the group, I need it because I can pull out the mods for my character. If there's another agent (sniper or operative) that rule still applies... Both can use the upgrade, so both can need it.

OP: I think you were right. But some people get frustrated when they don't get the gear they want and they want to take it out on the people that do. In that case, just put the flamer on the /ignore list.