Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Needing on upgrades ... Problem?

Beerwar
04.26.2012 , 08:18 AM | #1
Hello,

I've been playing SWTOR for 2days now? Im level 17 Guardian..

Soo... I was looking for a group for Flashpoint quest.. Okay, got a full group, killed the first boss & 3/4 ppl needed it.
I won the loot and one of the group members started flaming at me "**** why did you need that? Its heavy armor!!?!!?"

I pointed out it was an upgrade for me + I can wear heavy as well.. So he continued flaming at me & everyone else started to agree him (***?)

After we got to the last boss, some sith dude.. We killed him and a really awesome lightsaber dropped + was an upgrade for me.. So I needed it and won the loot..

Guess what?

"**** WHY DID YOU NEED IT!! YOUR SUCH A ***** TROLL" etc etc.. Swearing and acting like a hard-nut in the group.. After just at the end of the mission, he deicide to kick me.. Ofc, everyone else agreed with him & clearly said: "It was a fair roll and you lose, get over it..."

I was removed from the grp at the end of the mission, he started calling me a F**** Troll and such..
So I just though: Dude, its a game and I won the loots fair and square...

So here my question:
Was this guy being a idiot and not understanding how the loot roll worked? (thinking I was stealing his gun)
Or...
Was I ninja looting?

Just post what you though.. Coz I was annoyed about being called a "Ninja" since I never ninja in any games. I play fair and play happy with anyone in groups.

Hope I don't end up with someone like that again.. =/

Codek
04.26.2012 , 08:24 AM | #2
Not enough information to tell really. Need to know what classes everyone else were as well as what items dropped (specifically what the primary stats were).

Seeing as it was a low lvl run, I can't imagine it being a big deal anyways.The gear will be replaced in a day or two at best.
~Codek

ViridisDraco
04.26.2012 , 08:27 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Beerwar View Post
Hello,

I've been playing SWTOR for 2days now? Im level 17 Guardian..

Soo... I was looking for a group for Flashpoint quest.. Okay, got a full group, killed the first boss & 3/4 ppl needed it.
I won the loot and one of the group members started flaming at me "**** why did you need that? Its heavy armor!!?!!?"

I pointed out it was an upgrade for me + I can wear heavy as well.. So he continued flaming at me & everyone else started to agree him (***?)

After we got to the last boss, some sith dude.. We killed him and a really awesome lightsaber dropped + was an upgrade for me.. So I needed it and won the loot..

Guess what?

"**** WHY DID YOU NEED IT!! YOUR SUCH A ***** TROLL" etc etc.. Swearing and acting like a hard-nut in the group.. After just at the end of the mission, he deicide to kick me.. Ofc, everyone else agreed with him & clearly said: "It was a fair roll and you lose, get over it..."

I was removed from the grp at the end of the mission, he started calling me a F**** Troll and such..
So I just though: Dude, its a game and I won the loots fair and square...

So here my question:
Was this guy being a idiot and not understanding how the loot roll worked? (thinking I was stealing his gun)
Or...
Was I ninja looting?

Just post what you though.. Coz I was annoyed about being called a "Ninja" since I never ninja in any games. I play fair and play happy with anyone in groups.

Hope I don't end up with someone like that again.. =/
if you need a trooper armor and a +willpower lightsaber, nervous guys tend to yell at you mate... so what have you needed?
Tsarthai - Jedi Guardian - Officer of "Operation Edge"- The Progenitor
Quote: Originally Posted by Fornix View Post
Don't expect reason or logic to apply here, this is just one of the forms of SWTOR endgame:
- Flashpoints - Operations - Space - PvP - Forum ranting & trolling

Beerwar
04.26.2012 , 08:31 AM | #4
I dunno the classes names..

3 Jedi's & 1 Smuggler..

First boss dropped leggings that had my stats: Str + End
Last boss dropped Lightsaber that also had Str + end + Force Power.

Im pretty sure the loot roll in this game. shows different weapon/armors if different classes.

Hope thats enough info.. Memory aint great..

DawnAskham
04.26.2012 , 08:50 AM | #5
As the case above shows, ignorant players and rude players are in groups today causing issues without cross-server LFG.

And given how basic the stats / armor types are in this game, It wouldn't take a genius at Bioware to set up the loot system such that only players who actually can use the item could need the item.

I'd much prefer getting quick groups with the occasional jerk than getting no groups waiting on these phantom perfect manners players that supposedly exist due to being restricted to a single server.

Damishi
04.26.2012 , 09:10 AM | #6

3 Jedi's & 1 Smuggler..

Im pretty sure the loot roll in this game. shows different weapon/armors if different classes.

Sounds like Jedi Guardian gear to me (or sentinel depending on str/end values), but if it's an upgrade it's an upgrade that you can use that will better your role. Sounds so far like you're in the right.

I've tried both sides, so far Pub side seems to be more whiney than Empire, atleast on our server.

SneakyErvin
04.26.2012 , 09:12 AM | #7

3 Jedi's & 1 Smuggler..

Seems like legit rolls to me. You have as much right to those 2 items as the other 2 jedi's, I hope both were guardians aswell.

Heck I roll need on medium armor as a jugg/guardian if there are no marauders/sentinels in the group. Because the mods are upgrades if I currently wear orange pieces with lower mods.
Ahahahahah!!

RandomXChance
04.26.2012 , 09:37 AM | #8
Normally If I am needing a second time or if it is something odd for my class I ask if it is OK with the group. As was said earlier, It was low level gear, so the person frothing at the mouth was really over reacting.

I did get pretty annoyed in a group recently when on Hard Mode Foundry a Sith Sorcerer needed for the third time on an Aim item when I was playing a Mercenary. Extreme abuse like that is the only time I call people out, but certainly not with rage flaming.

Don't forget it all just a bunch of 1001010101010 anyways.

Eternalnight
04.26.2012 , 11:10 AM | #9
Just to say...
make sure it is a main hand lightsaber, and not an off-hand lightsaber which you could not use as such.
(although even with an off-hand, it is possible to pull out the mods and put them into your main hand saber and get some upgrade like that, but not everyone agrees on whether it is fair to need roll for such reason or not. I would avoid needing in such cases.)

TheRealCandyMan
04.26.2012 , 11:28 AM | #10
Form your own group and set it to master looter and hand them out based on /roll.
Member of SuckaFish
Roovin - SniperOhmygerd - PT Ciphas - Marauder Frodo'swaggins - Juggernaut

The Hashtagyolo Legacy