A good laugh at my expense (enjoy)

FlippinFlapJack

So I just got my 4th toon up to the level to chose an advanced class. As you may know, when the advanced class is chosen, a strange little back pack looking thing appears in the bag.

All I know is that I can't sell it and can't get rid of it so I stick it my cargo hold and forget about.

Then I was reading through these forums and come to find out, if I right click that thing I get some goodies that would have really helped me back at that level. However, since I have already spent my hard earned credits buying the stuff that I could have gotten free, its pretty pointless now.

I am such an idiot!

I have a toon that should be choosing her advanced class pretty quick. Now I know what to do.

So I just got my 4th toon up to the level to chose an advanced class. As you may know, when the advanced class is chosen, a strange little back pack looking thing appears in the bag.

All I know is that I can't sell it and can't get rid of it so I stick it my cargo hold and forget about.

Then I was reading through these forums and come to find out, if I right click that thing I get some goodies that would have really helped me back at that level. However, since I have already spent my hard earned credits buying the stuff that I could have gotten free, its pretty pointless now.

I am such an idiot!

I have a toon that should be choosing her advanced class pretty quick. Now I know what to do.

no one is perfect, but at least you have learn from your error ;)

You are not the only one. I did the same thing on my first character when I chose my AC. I kept wondering how I was ever going to get enough money to afford my double-bladed lightsaber, and it was in that darn backpack all along.

Wait, what?

I have a lvl 50 and 2 lvl 25ish and I've never opened that!

My 50 full BM still has it in the inventory!

/facepalm

Tell me about it! My level 46 commando just got 'round to opening it last night. If I would have had that stuff back at the lower level, it would have saved me quite a bit of time waiting for the medical probe.

Oh well, learn from our mistakes and move on!

I did something worse on my first JK. Got him up to 10, made him a Guardian and went to bed that day. Next day, I got on him, thinking I had made him a Sentinel. I noticed I did not have 2 Lightsabers and scrambled through my inventory and cargo hold, couldn't find it, asked in GC if anyone else lost it too. Someone inspected me and said, "You've got a generator on you. You're a Guardian."

Biggest facepalm I've ever done in the game.

On my first character, I spent a long time looking for my double-bladed lightsaber. My friend kept telling me it would be in my inventory, but I couldn't find it!

They really need to give these things an icon that isn't the same as vendor trash.

You are not the only one. I did the same thing on my first character when I chose my AC. I kept wondering how I was ever going to get enough money to afford my double-bladed lightsaber, and it was in that darn backpack all along.

lolz, thank God I wasn't the only one! I was really happy with my very first toon when I chose sentinel as his advanced class. I had to grind a few credits for his second lightsaber and all the time I wondered why I had an "useless" backpack in my inventory! :o

Edited by zorroazul

lol I've done this too, my first toon was a shadow and I wondered where I was going to get a double-bladed light-saber when a friend of mine told me it was in a backpack I received, till then I had been rockin the original lightsaber you made on tython untill level 15 XD.

Amazing how much faster things started dying once I got the proper weapon equipped.

Agreed that there needs to be something done to make it a little more obvious that you need to open the backpack

On my first character, I spent a long time looking for my double-bladed lightsaber. My friend kept telling me it would be in my inventory, but I couldn't find it!

They really need to give these things an icon that isn't the same as vendor trash.

lol to true fortunatly i opened mine.

but i never read what the stats were exactly so in beta i had my jedi knight equiped with willpower armor simply because it said on the character sheet that it makes the force stronger and i thought well jedi must use that.

:D

Nice one... Yeah, they should make that backpack "shine". So many new players confuse it for ordinary loot.

I totally agree with you, pal. It looks just like a simple useless thing...that many players don't pay any attention to it!

They've should make it like a bright shining icon, or at least in purple color so players would think: "Nice! Premium content!"

Edited by zorroazul