Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi Knight Robes = Large Butt?!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight Robes = Large Butt?!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

sonny
08.14.2012 , 05:10 PM | #591
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Hey everyone, if you are noticing this issue with a particular item, can you post the name of that item for us to investigate? Thanks in advance for your responses!
I can only speak for Jedi Guardian robes. My character is body type 2 and it's every robe/ chest armor that I've put on so far.
-Luke, at that speed will you be able to pull out in time?
-It's possible he came in through the south entrance.
-Wedge! Pull out! You're not doing any good back there!

Alec_Fortescue
08.14.2012 , 06:30 PM | #592
Guys, it's so great that you finally noticed but if we were two give you specific names of items, it would be every single robe for Jedi Knight and others that share modelse with them. Other items, like the formal social sets, suffer from the problem (and the tier 1 PvP set for Sith Warrior... Every, single piece with a waist cape). :]

If this gets fixed for 1.4 then I will only need to see hood toggle to be happy!

So... what's the story with the hood toggle? Could we get a comment on that in the 5-star thread, too? :>
Atris' robes are great. But how about letting players wear the robes that are already in the game but not accessible to them?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

Jestuh
08.14.2012 , 07:07 PM | #593
Geez guys you complain they aren't doing enough for 6 months and when they ask for help your tell them to go google it, nice work.

Here's with the ones I had

(if it helps my character is a normal sized male Chiss Jedi Guardian)

Has a Giant Butt
Robe of the Insight *also jumps up in the front, it looks like he's got wood, also the only light armor one that did this in my experience
Saber Initiate's Body Armor
Valorous Peacekeepers Chestguard
Ancient Vindicator's Chestguard
Outcast Chestguard
Battle Expulsors Chestguard
Reinforced Mullinine Chestguard

(shouldn't these have apostrophes btw? )

Not affected
Battlemind's Vestment *is a light armor robe so it seems like it should be affected but it's not, no belt on this one tho
Reinforced Phrik Chestguard
Blademaster's Clan Varad Body Armor
Gladiator Chestguard
Rampage Assault Chestguard
Deathwarden's Body Armor
Fortified Transparisteel Chestguard
Foeseeker's Body Armor
Reinforced Transparisteel Chestguard
( ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓/]Ξ█||()|(<☼>)|()||█Ξ[\▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ )

Toweleeeie
08.14.2012 , 07:31 PM | #594
If effects every single medium robe. So Aspiring Knight is one of the only medium armors that is not effected. If it flows, moves and has physics it will give you a big butt. It effects all body types male and female. Body type 3 it is almost not noticable.

Some people claim it has to do with the belt being on the outside of the robe instead of inside.

All I can wear at this point is Aspiring Knight chest piece everything else outside of social gear will give u a big butt.

THANK YOU FOR FINALLY POSTING IN THIS THREAD!!!!!
Can I has more Sandbox?

Glzmo
08.15.2012 , 12:48 AM | #595
Hey everyone, if you are noticing this issue with a particular item, can you post the name of that item for us to investigate? Thanks in advance for your responses!
It's actually hard to test/prove which Robes exactly are affected as the big butts only appear when the Robes are actually worn on body types 1 and 2 for males and a bit less prominently for females (player characters, companions, NPCs, etc.). In the preview window, they look fine, so one has to actually own the pieces to report.
Mostly Robes that cover the butt and have a belt on the outside are affected.
Also, when running, the huge butt disappears and looks normal.

Here we is a list of some of the affected items I had in my bank (I would have more if there was more bank space!) but all items useing the same models have the issue. They have been tested on male body type 2:

Republic Side Models:

Heavy Armor:
  • Jedi Battlelord's Chestguard
  • Guardian's Exaltet Body Armor
  • Battle Expulsor's Chest Guard
  • Valorous Peacekeeper's Chestguard
  • Vindicator's Chestguard
  • [Prototype] Inspiration Vest
  • Force Battler Chestguard
  • Ancient Paragon's Body Armor
  • Ancient Vindicator's Chestguard
  • Peacekeeper Elite Chestguard
  • Mindful Guardian Body Armor
  • Jedi Myrmidon's Chestguard
  • Saber Initiate's Body Armor
  • Indignation Chestguard
  • Tionese War Leader's Body Armor
  • Tionese Vindicator's Chestguard
  • Columi War Leader's Body Armor
  • Columi Vindicator's Chestguard
  • Rakata Vindicator's Chestguard
  • Rakate War Leader's Body Armor

Medium Armor:
  • [Prototype] Fervent Battle Vest
  • Valorous Sentinel's Vest
  • [Prototype] Inspiration Vest
  • Battleborn Chestguard
  • Agile Judgement Vest
  • Esseles Sentinel's Tunic
  • Tionese Weaponmaster's Vest
  • Columi Weaponmaster's Vest
  • Rakata Weaponmaster's Vest
  • Bladefury's Vest

I'll update this list once I find more.

I hope this list will help you finally fix it...it's been going on long enough with reports of this bug as early as beta testing.

PS.: By the way, can't your Quality Assurance Testing team just hop on their internal server, spawn themselves all possible chest pieces and try them on one-by-one on each body type for each gender? Aren't they paid to test (or maybe you just don't have a proper, full time Quality Assurance testing team or they lack the proper tools, which I would hope you do as it would be highly unprofessional otherwise).

Acrolepsia
08.15.2012 , 03:56 AM | #596
Only onne I can recall at the moment:
[Prototype] Force Battler and Force Battler robes
(I came across both versions and while both looks exacly the same, I suppose they are different items)

LarryRow
08.15.2012 , 06:59 AM | #597
Thanks for addressing this issue.

Only name I can think of off the top of my head is the Fortified Electrum Chestpiece. It's a robe with a belt, but pretty much every single chestpiece that has this basic model grants the big butt.

"Cape"-style chest pieces don't have an issue.

Chest pieces without flowing physics don't have a problem either. Best example I can think of is the Battlemaster chespieces for Guardians.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

Nokraenom
08.15.2012 , 07:26 PM | #598
[Supreme Inquisitor's Robe] on Imperial Side (for Sith Inquisitors) does this also. It's the only open/flowing/has-physics robe available for Inquisitors.

Glower
08.16.2012 , 08:04 AM | #599
And all Imperial Agent "jackets" (and probably smugglers also).
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

SalvorHardin
08.16.2012 , 08:25 AM | #600
Trouble is, because of the disparity between equipment preview and actually wearing it, it suggests that it's a side effect from the physics engine.

And if that's the case, we won't see a fix for that for a long time, possibly never if no workaround is found.
Arkadya <Ashes of the Order> - Jedi Shadow - Red Eclipse
Salvor <SY DE> - Hybrid Slinger - The Progenitor
Aldahir <SY DE> - Combat Sentinel - The Progenitor
Feex <SY DE> - Combat Medic Commando - The Progenitor