Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi Knight Robes = Large Butt?!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Jedi Knight Robes = Large Butt?!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Alec_Fortescue
08.05.2012 , 08:01 PM | #571
I'll post a pic later... There is a consular robe that looks exactly like most Jedi Knight robes BUT it doesn't have a huge butt and a DEFAULT BELT... Yes! Those default belts on the robes are issue of our characters having large butts. Go on, take off our belt from the character window and notice that there is a default belt wrapped around your character's waist.... Noble Consular's Robe from the Republic's Most Wanted heroic quest from Coruscant (do the quest and get robe to see for yourself) doesn't have such belt and thus it doesn't have a large butt.. Imo belts shoul be UNDER the robe, not around it! Devs, it's an easy fix to change these models. Just make the belts seen under the robes, like in the large number of Consular ones.

Who the hell would wrap a belt around his robe anyway ?

The-Nexus
08.06.2012 , 01:12 AM | #572
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Who the hell would wrap a belt around his robe anyway ?
Well, all robes for Knights have belts around them for a very simple reason. It's supposed to be easy to differentiate between a consular and a knight at a distance.

As for why someone would wrap a belt around his robe in the first place, I think it's so that the robe doesn't flop about everywhere and gets caught in the knihgt's lightsaber. I agree though, it does look silly.

Alec_Fortescue
08.06.2012 , 05:06 AM | #573
Your reason for having a belt around a robe is silly. Right now I can't tell from afar who's who because of people constantly wearing armor of a different class or social ones. Devs might have said that they want classes to be distinguishable from afar but it didn't work even early in the game when people started to use custom chestpieces because they'd keep chest bonus anyway. You can't tell from afar anymore if the fella in the robes in 30-20 meters (with weapon down) infront of you is a vanguard or a Jedi or a commando. It didn't work so it would be nice to see Bioware fixing it and adjusting some things, like more features for character customisation. I'd love to see Shadows/Assassins being able to use single saber (Consulars have wonderful Saber Strike animations) and many double-bladed ligthsaber share animations with single-blade attacks anyway.

And having a betl around the robe is not practical - how can you take off the robe quickly to get set for heavy combat? :d (look at Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan or Obi-Wan vs. Darth Vader on Mustafar - did they have belts around their robes?) No one is paying attention to the belt, it's not a distinguishable feature. It only causes huge butt.

Tatile
08.06.2012 , 06:18 AM | #575
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
http://postimage.org/image/er76ncfxj/ belt and no belt.

http://postimage.org/image/galx1a0ob/ dat ***

Bioware, remove the belts from robes and we'll be happy.
Oh my word. The second picture looks like you chopped off Charcoal-robe's arse and stuck it under Ivory-robe's robes.

I an also confirm this arse-related nonsense also occurs with the Formal Attire, I can post pics if anyone wants.

Maybe Bioware should give Jedi some heels and the wire support cage of yore? Add a train to your bustle.

BlznSmri
08.06.2012 , 06:20 AM | #576
I find it hilarious that perhaps the longest thread on these forums isn't about class balance, spec help, guides, or crafting, but how Robes make Jedi Knights booty-licious. GG Community, GG.
APOSTATES
Website | Recruitment | About Us
Jokerseven - Shadow | Ce'lia - Sentinel
Sentinel PvE Basics/ Marauder PvE Basics

The-Nexus
08.06.2012 , 07:04 AM | #577
Quote: Originally Posted by BlznSmri View Post
I find it hilarious that perhaps the longest thread on these forums isn't about class balance, spec help, guides, or crafting, but how Robes make Jedi Knights booty-licious. GG Community, GG.
Never cared much for anything else than the story. I wanted KotOR 3, I got this spin-off. I'm making the best of it. Playing through the story with silicone in my butt isn't exactly doing it for me.

BlznSmri
08.06.2012 , 07:57 AM | #578
Quote: Originally Posted by The-Nexus View Post
Never cared much for anything else than the story. I wanted KotOR 3, I got this spin-off. I'm making the best of it. Playing through the story with silicone in my butt isn't exactly doing it for me.
My main Knight is Fem, and currently in the Slave Girl Outfit (only need the 2 piece set bonus for raids) I don't mind at all. My Guardian, being a Male, will more than likely end up in trooper gear.

Too bad I can't get Zeison Sha or Jal Shey armor, or even Matukai robes...
APOSTATES
Website | Recruitment | About Us
Jokerseven - Shadow | Ce'lia - Sentinel
Sentinel PvE Basics/ Marauder PvE Basics

MediumD
08.06.2012 , 09:41 AM | #579
Quote: Originally Posted by BlznSmri View Post
Why is that hilarious? Appearance is a big deal in an MMO, especially for role-players. If you don't like the way your character looks, you won't play him.

I rolled a female JK and a male JC. So far I've found orange gear for both of them that looks good and avoids big booty syndrome.

Alec_Fortescue
08.06.2012 , 10:53 AM | #580
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Oh my word. The second picture looks like you chopped off Charcoal-robe's arse and stuck it under Ivory-robe's robes.

I an also confirm this arse-related nonsense also occurs with the Formal Attire, I can post pics if anyone wants.

Maybe Bioware should give Jedi some heels and the wire support cage of yore? Add a train to your bustle.
Of course it does appear in Formal Attire - it has a default belt!