Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Formal Apology to the Galactic Republic

DarthThuzad
09.07.2012 , 06:09 PM | #951
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post

As you see, it did seem like they loved each other romantically. With your aditional information now, it seems like Isaac loved her romantically, and she loved him like a brother. So she basically friendzoned him
She did say before that the only one she truly cared about/loved (in a romantic way) was Kira. She admired Isaac for a time, but as we hinted somewhere back (think it's thread 5 in the 30's), they did not work with each other anymore after the Foundry. She stopped admiring them from that time onwards (and even hated him when she was Nox the Destroyer of Worlds), but when Kira got her to her senses, she resumed respecting Isaac from that point on. She may have loved Isaac as a brother, but the reason Kira has the most points with her is the fact that Kira was the only one who (at least, in Vash's eyes) honestly understood/cared for her in that way and the only one who thought Vash could be saved. Isaac sort of stopped in that department when Vash was Nox, and Nox took notice.

Maaruin
09.07.2012 , 06:10 PM | #952
Quote: Originally Posted by drfumblez View Post
Edit: Maaruin, i changed the first piece of the post you responded to. check it out again, as I clarified what i meant.
Ah, I see. So the main problem was that it was said they "loved" each other. For me this wasn't that important for the post, but our perception of these things may vary.

I'll delete the quote and just leave the post as an overall feedback.

Quote: Originally Posted by DarthThuzad View Post
She did say before that the only one she truly cared about/loved (in a romantic way) was Kira. She admired Isaac for a time, but as we hinted somewhere back (think it's thread 5 in the 30's), they did not work with each other anymore after the Foundry. She stopped admiring them from that time onwards (and even hated him when she was Nox the Destroyer of Worlds), but when Kira got her to her senses, she resumed respecting Isaac from that point on. She may have loved Isaac as a brother, but the reason Kira has the most points with her is the fact that Kira was the only one who (at least, in Vash's eyes) honestly understood/cared for her in that way and the only one who thought Vash could be saved. Isaac sort of stopped in that department when Vash was Nox, and Nox took notice.
Well, how it looked like for me was that on the academy (and only on the academy), they had a crush on each other but never said it to each other. After the academy they walked different paths, so the whole thing ended and finally they even became enemies.
Now, they mainly confessed their old feelings (Wash did it for Isaac), but it looked like exactly that: feelings from the past. They both have moved one and found the love of their life, but now, finally, they can respect each other wish each other the best.

That's how it seemed like to me. I don't know if that differs from your description or if it both somehow fit together.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

DarthThuzad
09.07.2012 , 06:25 PM | #953
Raii's been able to devour ghosts all along, as he and Carnagge share the same power. It took actually fighting his father and realizing his full power to understand that Raii could do the same as Carnagge.
Still came up as an 11th hour "oh wait, I can do this" to me.

That phrase does not mean what you think it means. A Mary Sue is a character whose virtues render their flaws obsolete. I think Raii has far more flaws than virtues, as this story so plainly shows.
Yet he's still nearly invincible to some unreasonable degree, only losing/close to losing when Nox's lightning exploded and hurt them both, and when Vitiate stabbed him. I'd talk about the Carnagge fight, but see above for that one. That, and the genesis Nathema thing stick out in my mind.

See, that's the kind of crap that needs to be clarified.
Right.

Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin
Well, how it looked like for me was that on the academy (and only on the academy), they had a crush on each other but never said it to each other. After the academy they walked different paths, so the whole thing ended and finally they even became enemies.
Now, they mainly confessed their old feelings (Wash did it for Isaac), but it looked like exactly that: feelings from the past. They both have moved one and found the love of their life, but now, finally, they can respect each other wish each other the best.

That's how it seemed like to me. I don't know if that differs from your description or if it both somehow fit together.
That is what I was trying to get at when we were writing it (only they fully became enemies after Foundry and/or Emerage's death), yet it came out wrong. It somewhat goes hand and hand with my description.

Maaruin
09.07.2012 , 06:40 PM | #954
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthThuzad View Post
That is what I was trying to get at when we were writing it (only they fully became enemies after Foundry and/or Emerage's death), yet it came out wrong. It somewhat goes hand and hand with my description.
Nice. So when I read the text I got it right. But this might be because one of my characters had experienced something similar.

Edit: But after the academy they lost their feelings for each other before they became enemies. Isaac was travelling with Vette after all
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Maaruin
09.08.2012 , 04:22 PM | #955
OOC: A little more about Darth Nox's former powerbase. Be warned, the four Horsemen are worse than normal Sith in what they do. I also created some pictures of them, have a look:

Darth Malignia, Rider of Pestilence, but also Conquest and Victory
Darth Varkoth, Rider of War
Darth Phagon, Rider of Famine
Darth Lethan, Rider of Death

Malignia's lightsaber is purple, Varkoth lightsaber is red, Phagon's lightsaber is red-black and Lethan's lightsaber is silver-green (Viridian / Minas Morgul green).

Sender: Moff Pyron Recipent: The Four Horsemen

Malignia,
Phagon,
Varkoth,
Lethan,

You have a very elaborate sense of humor. Since secession forms obviously do not exist in the Empire, I suppose it was Malignia's idea to create one. Very funny. (For Varkoth: That was sarcasm.)

Please pardon me insulting you, but you got all your facts wrong. (Yes, Varkoth, I was insulting you, you just didn't notice.)

You say “[Regus'] new 'Empire' is a joke at best”. There are three things wrong even in this short statement.

1. Grand Moff Regus never declared a new Empire. He merely took control temporarily, to prevent the old Empire to be consumed by chaos.
2. Regus might have used the word Empire, but it is not necessary to put a single word in quotation marks. Quotation marks should be used for actual quotation, at least that's what I learned at school and the Sith I know enjoyed a even better education than me. I expected you to know this stuff.
3. Since the Grand Moff never declared a new Empire, you just said the Empire is a “joke at best” (see the correct use of Quotation marks). Every Imperial citizen knows, of course, that this simply can't be the case.

I would like to give you a short update on the current state of things. The remaining Dark Council members contacted the Grand Moff as he had called for. The surviving Dark Council members then decided to declare Darth Mortis the new Emperor, the official declaration will happen soon. Grand Moff Regus swore loyalty to him and will happily carry out the order, should the Emperor want you punished.

I myself and Darth Nox's main fleet, in other words: we who actually fought against Omega, support the new Emperor, which leaves you with nothing more than her forces in the Malachor System. All in all it seems you are nothing more than former Sith who formed a pirate gang. That's why I decided to not using the Darth title for you – you are no true Sith anymore.

Sincerely, but without respect,
Mf Pyron
Minister of Technology

Space Station Malachor's Inferno

An Imperial Ensign was running through the corridor. He had been discovered. He knew his time had come, but he wasn't ready to face death. His instincts had taken control. But... a force field. He couldn't run. He couldn't fight.

One by one the lights in the corridor went out. He saw a dark, hooded figure approaching. He didn't know if it was some Force stealth or just is imagination, but the face seemed invisible under the hood. Then a green-silver blade appeared.

“You should try it,” Darth Phagon said with his mouth full. “It is really good.”

The starved, naked man tried to reach for the cupcake with his scraggy hand. But the Sith took it away just before he reached it and put it in his own mouth. He then kicked the man towards the other starved prisoners.

Pyron's dogs, he thought.

A female human stood at the end of the room. You could see some fear on her face, but she tried not to show it. Not long ago she had been on Korriban, to begin her Sith training. But her kidnappers had brought her here.

“You are my apprentice now,” said the Sith pureblood at the other side of the room. He started to move towards her.

“My lord?” she said.

“Sith use their emotions, their anger, their fear, their hatred,” he explained. “So I will create it in you.”

He threw her a lightsaber.

“Fight me. Every time you loose, you will suffer. This will make you fear me, this will make you hate me. And one day you will be strong enough to defend yourself against me.”

Darth Varkoth grinned, but it was not a friendly grin.

“This is the Sith code for you.”

“You called me,” said the Imperial officer.

“Yes, my dear,” Darth Malignia spoke sweetly. “I remember how you dutifully brought Pyron's message to me. His message made me sad.”

“My Lord, I understand,” he said. “Know that I was always loyal to you.”

“Oh yes,” she smiled. “Of course you are. Still, Pyron is not here.” She shrugged. “Fortunately, well, fortunately for me, I could find your wife and daughter and bring them here.”

The officer's face was flashed by terror.

“They are waiting behind this door," Malignia chuckled, "your wife is not bound, but I think I will hold her with the Force. I don't want her to disturb your chat with that wonderful little girl.”

She looked deep into his eyes and waved her hand. “You will kill your daughter with this knife – slowly.”

“I will kill Aydara slowly,” he said and took the knife.
-Ajunta Pall

drfumblez
09.08.2012 , 08:55 PM | #956
Oooh, a new batch of Sith nut-jobs. /popcorn

Ardim
09.09.2012 , 10:13 AM | #957
Remnants of the Artemis Fleet

A few Omega technicians surrounded the Holonews access point.

“...the Great Peace Negotiation will start within two weeks. Supreme Chancellor Saresh hinted that she will be present herself...”

Isaac gritted his teeth. It had been far more difficult to convince her of this than he had thought. He understood why: Saresh had been a slave in the Empire. And with peace, the Empire would continue to oppress its own people. But finally, she had agreed to prevent Regus from going after Republic allies.

When Isaac entered his office, there was someone waiting for him. It took him a moment to recognize Lord Evardon since he still wore a mask. However, it was new grey one he had not seen before.

“Isaac, it seems you have succeeded!” Evardon greeted him happily.

"Indeed I have, Lord Evardon," Isaac spoke neutrally. "It was very difficult."

"How did you convince her?"

- Flashback -

"Hundreds of worlds are suppressed by the Empire," Saresh repeated. "And now that we have the chance to free them, you want us to stop."

"Don't lie to me, Chancellor. That's not what you're after," Isaac growled, having had enough, his hands on the communications table. "You're not looking for justice. You're looking for vengeance."

He stood up straight, "You won't be able to destroy the Empire completely. There will be survivors, and they will return and destroy you almost completely again. They nearly did so in the Great Galactic War a decade ago."

Isaac began to pace, "But they won't be able to destroy you completely either. And so you will return and destroy them again. A never ending cycle of hatred and anger."

He stopped, giving her a sharp look, "Is that what you want, Chancellor? Because if we don't do something to end this conflict, I promise you that will be the result."

"You are wrong," Saresh said. "This is not about vengeance. This is about freedom and justice for those who suffer under the Empire. And do you believe that the Empire will be peaceful ever after? I doubt that."

She leaned forward.

"But why are you so determined to end the war now? What did Regus say when you negotiated the cease fire?"

"He says that he has united the Empire under him." Isaac spoke. He paused for a moment. "And he said when you don't end the war, he will send his forces not just against the Republic, but against Omega."

"So basically he has taken the remnants of Omega hostage to achieve peace with the Republic. Do you expect this to be his normal strategy now that the Republic has the upper hand?"

"You don't understand the Sith like I do, and you never will, Chancellor," Isaac gave a subtle glare. "The Emperor was able to maintain rule through fear and power. And now he's dead. No one else in the Empire has that kind of fear and power. Sooner or later, a Sith will make a power play and others will follow. They will tear each other apart. It is the Sith way, and only a matter of time."

He slammed his palms against the table, "We don't need to wipe them out. Doing so would make us no better than them. We're supposed to stand for something."

"I don't want to wipe out the Sith," Saresh said. "But I want to destroy the system they use to oppress their people and those they have conquered. You my understand the Sith better than I do, but I understand how it is to be on the bottom in the Empire. So when we have the opportunity right now, there should be a damn good reason if we refuse to use it."

She paused a moment.

"So again, what will Regus do if the Republic continues the war?"

"He would take the gloves off," Isaac replied. "He would attempt to wipe out Omega, then attack any allies you have that can't defend themselves and use battle tactics that will create as much death as he possibly can, such as scorched earth."

"So basically he will let others suffer in the hope the Republic would stop?"

"Yes," the Omega leader nodded. "At least while the Empire is united under him. I doubt either of us can change their system, but we can still rescue their people."

"I see your point," Saresh said. "But how do you think it is possible to help their people if we leave them alone?"

"No doubt Regus will appoint non-Force sensitives to high ranking positions," Isaac replied. "Sith are nearly unpredictable, but Imperials are not. This gives us a chance to use subtler methods to achieve our goals through the SIS and the Shadow Dealer. Bribery, blackmail... We don't need to resort to warfare."

"This is a dangerous game," Saresh said. "And maybe future generations will condemn us for hesitating. But I think you are right: We should not risk the lives of those we want to help."

"So will you negotiate?" Isaac asked.

"We will," she said. "And since Regus wants peace with the Republic, it shouldn't take much for us. I have the feeling your negotiations will be more complicated."

- Flashback End -

"Now it's just a matter of time." Isaac mused.

"I don't think so." Evardon said brusquely.

"What? Why?"

"Because a lot of people here are confused about Omega's goals," Evardon said very seriously. "Yesterday, I ran across two people discussing: One was a Mandalorian, the other was a former slave. For the Mandalorian it was obvious that we Omega will become independent and leave the Empire behind. For the slave it was obvious that we will bring freedom to the Empire and the negotiations will be about Imperial elections and similar matters."

He looked at Isaac intensely. "And even I, as a minor leader, could not say what Omega is about."

"We're leaving the Empire behind," Isaac replied. "They will never accept us back after what we did. All we can do is move forward."

"Really?" Evardon said sarcastically. He didn't knew anything else to say. Under his mask, he gritted his teeth. First he was just shocked, disappointed, but soon he became angry. Angrier than he had expected. Angrier than he could and would mask. Isaac could feel a glimpse of it through the Force.

Isaac glanced at Evardon, "Tell me, what did you expect?"

"Well, trying to find a compromise with Regus to make the Empire a better place, I suppose," Evardon said, still sarcastically. "Get our ideals on the table on implement as much as possible. Some form of elections, even if not completely free. A little improved rights for aliens, even if we won't get equal rights. Some slave protection laws, if we can't abolish slavery. Establishing the Medius Order as counter balance for the Sith Order. You know, actually helping the people we fought for."

"I plan to do that at the negotiation table," Isaac replied. "And I have plans to help the people in the Empire without having to resort to warfare. Enough blood has been spilled already."

He looked behind him, glancing at the cryo chamber preserving Skradin's body. He sighed. He would have to have a funeral for his brother soon. After all, he had died a hero.

Evardon looked at Skradin too, at least for a short moment. Then he turned back at Isaac.

"So you plan on leaving the Empire behind and find your own state," he started. "But still want to suggest these things to Regus. And you think this is going to work? Sorry, Isaac, Regus is a military, a racist and a slave holder. The only way he would even think about these suggestions if we offer him a united Empire. You could govern it together with him. Or maybe your brother. But if you decide to leave the Empire - no chance."

"You think I don't have anything up my sleeves for the negotiation table?" Isaac glared at him. "I find your lack of faith disturbing. And as for governing the Empire, I have no desire for that power."

"It is not about power, but about not leaving the Empire to those who have desire for that power. But what is it? What do you have that makes you think you can force Regus to change the Empire from the outside?"

"Tell me, what do you know of Saresh?" Isaac asked.

"She was Governour of Taris," Evardon said. "And became Supreme Chancallor after the old had to resign thanks to him." He pointed at Skradin's body.

"I convinced her to negotiate, but she hates the Empire will all her heart," Isaac smirked slightly. "Regus wants peace because he doesn't want to contend with the Republic. Do you get where I'm going? We'll practically have a giant gun pointed at his head."

"I see," Evardon said. Most of his anger slowly started to vanish. "At least you don't want to abandon your sympathizers as I feared. But still, why do you want Omega to became a independent nation? I see why the Mandalorians want it. But why do you?"

Isaac's thoughts drifted to that fateful day back when he was a teenager. The day that changed his life forever.

"I'm going to do it. I'm going to do my best to create a paradise."

"A promise I made in my past," Isaac turned to Evardon. "That is all I will say."

"A promise..." Evardon's thoughts also drifted away.

- Flashback -

Evardon sat at his desk on Tatooine. Vowrawn hadn't come to take over the administration of the planet. And he would never come. Instead, the door burst open and another man entered. A face Evardon didn't want to see, especially not here.

"What it is that leads my brother here," he asked under his mask. "Does he think he can take this planet back for the Empire on his own?"

"Why would I want to take this worthless sandbox from my betrayer-brother," he answered. "I could just buy the planet if I wanted to."

"My brother overestimates the Mandalorians' sense of business," Evardon stood up. "So why are you here."

"Look at this," his brother, Eckusonn, answered and gave him a data pad. "You have officially. Been. Disowned."

"So it has come to this?" Evardon said coldly. "Our parents who love neither of us finally see that you lack enough backbone to follow in their footsteps? Can't say I'm surprised by them."

"Well, I would say a son who abandons his loyalties and joins a traitor like Isaac doesn't deserve inheriting the lead of a noble family of Sith."

"A family that keeps their position through sucking up to Dark Council members. I doubt I would cry about that loss. We were a noble family a few hundred years ago, but there is nothing left of that."

"Then I suggest you are thankful, because the Dalriad family of old wouldn't have let vermin like you survive!" He spat on the ground before his brother.

"Are you trying to exploit my weaknesses because my mask doesn't allow me to spit back?" Evardon asked. "But I have been rude, I should have offered you a drink."

He went over to a cupboard and filled a glass. "Don't worry, unlike you I am too honorable to poison my family members."

"I never - !" Eckusonn started.

"You got cold feet because Gravus made me his apprentice," Evardon interrupted him. "Adria told me. By the way, how do you plan on sharing the manor with her. 50/50?"

"I'll marry her off to one of Darth Marr's sons," Eckusonn grinned.

"Adria is 18 and busy with partying in Kaas City," Evardon said distinctly. "Darth Marr's son is 45, 39 or 37, but an a**hole anyways. I doubt they will be happy together."

"Doesn't matter, Marr is the leading Dark Council member," his brother said.

"I know you won't listen if I argue in the interest of our sister," Evardon said very seriously. "So listen in your self interest: Wait with this marriage until this war is over, because my suspicion is that the Dark Council will undergo some heavy changes soon."

"Ha, you really think your Omega-thingy will do that?" Eckusonn said. "You will conquer a few planets at the ar*e-end of the galaxy, at best."

"I didn't go against the Empire to conquer backwater planets," Evardon said firmly. "My decision was and is: as long as there is a chance, I won't stop until the Empire is free."

- Flashback End -

"I made my own promise," Evardon said to Isaac, who had watched him thinking. "I thought our goals were the same, but it seems I was mistaken."

"Our goals are the same. We just have different methods," Isaac spoke. "I ask that you don't judge until after the negotiations are over. Change will come to the Empire, whether they like it or not."

"Answer truthfully: If you were forced to choose between Omega's independence and bringing more freedom to the Empire, what would you choose?"

Isaac went stiff cold at that. One of his hands curled into a fist and it shook. Finally he turned and looked at Evardon with the most cold expression anyone had ever seen.

"Neither," he growled. "Because I would never allow myself to come down to that choice. Now is that all? Because you are wasting my time."

"Do you expect the Empire to descend into civil war in the near future?" Evardon asked shortly.

"Yes. It is the Sith way for them to fight one another."

"Then I will leave after the negotiations. I want to be there when it breaks out, so I will find my way back into the Empire. I will try to reunite the Revanites and make them a considerable power so we can fight for freedom when the time comes."

He turned around to leave, then stopped and turned once again.

"If you stay true to your word, Omega will intervene on our side when the time comes." he said and left.

"We'll see what happens..." Isaac muttered to himself.

Evardon entered his quarters, closed the door and threw his helmet away. Then he sat down on the bed.

"Fail," he thought.

Yes, Isaac had assured him that he would bring change to the Empire. But he just couldn't see this work. He was trying to have his cake and eat it. Building Omega into an utopia and making the Empire a better place at the same time.

Maybe he would miraculously manage to create this Utopia and make the Empire a better place at the same time. But Isaac had asked to trust in his abilities to do that, and he just couldn't.

But the real fail was that he had misunderstood Isaac the whole time. For him it had always been obvious that Omega was a revolution with the goal of a better Empire. For Isaac it might have always be the dream of leaving the Empire behind. Or if not, it had changed to this without Evardon noticing it.

He sighed...

He would have to search for a way to return to Dromund Kaas. But first he had to sort out things with Jaesa.
The Alabaster Legacy
Server: Jedi Covenant
Isaac: Sith Marauder Aerios: Powertech Avran: Sniper

drfumblez
09.09.2012 , 02:29 PM | #958
Hey, how long has it been since Papa Emps started pushing daisies?

DarthThuzad
09.09.2012 , 02:50 PM | #959
Hey, how long has it been since Papa Emps started pushing daisies?
A while. Three weeks ago he passed.

meanken
09.09.2012 , 03:50 PM | #960
oh, speaking of timeframes, how long has it been since this all started? I am asking mostly because I will need to figure out what Meanken and Zero have been doing since imperial intelgence disbanded when we start the next rp. I figure I will just say thay went into buissness for themselfs, and were doing jobs in hutt space (I don't think much of this happened in hutt space, if I am misstaken, please correct me), but having a timeframe to refrence would be nice.