Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Formal Apology to the Galactic Republic

Ardim
06.14.2012 , 09:54 PM | #521
Quote: Originally Posted by LogicLoup View Post
It's been working well enough for me so far.
Well at least you haven't full-on actually troll me... Yet.
Through Passion, We gain Strength!
Darth Chroan The Empire's Wrath
Vengeance for Marr and the Empire!

LogicLoup
06.14.2012 , 10:14 PM | #522
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardim View Post
Well at least you haven't full-on actually troll me... Yet.
Sorry, I've been a bit busy. If it's really that much of a disappointment, though, I could see about arranging something for you.

"I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

Ardim
06.14.2012 , 10:18 PM | #523
Quote: Originally Posted by LogicLoup View Post
Sorry, I've been a bit busy. If it's really that much of a disappointment, though, I could see about arranging something for you.
Oh no, that is unnecessary. I assure you I am far from disappointed. *Sagely nod*

Ardim
06.15.2012 , 12:10 PM | #524
Emperor's Station

"Su'cuy Mand'alor!" a Field Marshall walked over to Mandalore.

"What is it?" the Mandalorian leader asked.

"The hangar is secure and we've established a foothold. The wounded are in the rear and we're ready to move up on your command."

Mandalore looked around, surveying the situation and found the warrior was correct. Many dead Imperials lay before them and some Mandalorians could be seen rendering first aid to their wounded comrades.

"Very well then. Let's give them death." Artus hefted up a heavy blaster rifle.

"You heard Mandalore!" the Field Marshall barked. "But do not get careless! We have not encountered any Sith or Imperial Guard yet, but that doesn't mean we won't!"

As he finished his words, the hangar doors at the back opened up to reveal heavy war droids armed with missile launchers, wasting no time unleashing their payload.

"GET DOWN!" a Mandalorian screamed before he got hit in the face with a missile and was tossed back like a ragdoll.

Mandalorians rushed to take cover from the deadly ordinance and return fire. Artus cursed as he saw the blaster fire barely have any effect on the droids.

"Focus fire on one at a time!" he ordered as he fired at one of the droids.

His warriors obliged and aimed at the same one he was shooting at. Within a few seconds, the combined blaster fire pierced through the thick armor plating, causing the droid to explode and damage a few of its comrades in the process.

"Heavy ordinance is here!" a Rally Master shouted a minute later, almost smugly.

Mandalore grinned inside his helmet as a portable field missile turret was set up and began to fire at the war droids, blowing them to pieces within seconds.

"IMPERIAL GUARD!" a Mandalorian yelled.

Sure enough, as the smoke cleared, quite a few Imperial Guard could be seen sprinting directly at the Mandalorians, while some stayed in the back, picking them off one by one.

"Swords! Now!" Artus holstered his blaster rifle and drew a intricate-looking vibrosword just in time to block a heavy strike from a Imperial Guard rushing him. The red-robed man pressed the attack, lunging forward, but Mandalore riposted with lightning speed rare for one of his age and embedded his sword within the guard, killing him. All around him, Mandalorians were furiously fighting back against the skilled warriors.

"Where is that reckless bastard when I need him?" Mandalore cursed in his head, missing Skradin's daring, almost suicidal, fighting style.

Another Imperial Guard leaped at him only to be intercepted by the Field Marshall who spoke with Mandalore earlier. To Mandalore's surprise, the guard was female.

"You will not touch our leader." the Field Marshall growled, aiming to lacerate the Imperial Guard, who stepped back and assumed a combat stance.

"Very well then, you'll have to do." the Guard growled and leaped at the Field Marshall, who parried the blow and launched an assault of his own.

Mandalore watched the duel for five seconds before turning to help the other Mandalorians fight back against their foes. By now, the missile turret had destroyed most of the Imperial Guard in the rear, but one of the close ones had cleaved the operator in two.

"Surrender and I will give you a swift, merciful death." the Field Marshall pressed his blade closer and closer to the Guard.

"I think not." the female snarled. Furiously, she slowed the blade best she could and kneed the Field Marshall, causing him to stagger. The Guard took the advantage and performed a overhead strike, but the Mandalorian parried it in the nick of time and rolled away, quickly getting up.

The Imperial Guard smirked, "Well... I must admit you fight well, warrior. Better than most of my opponents nowadays."

"And you fight like what I would expect from a Imperial Guard," the Marshall panted. "Your name?"

"Commander Vorten. And now, prepare for death." she readied her weapon, but the Marshall smirked under his helmet.

"I think not. Look around you."

Vorten looked around and saw that the Guard were losing. They had inflicted heavy casualties on the Mandalorians, but their numbers were decreasing, and fast. Some were already retreating.

She snarled, "We will finish this another day."

With that, she turned and joined her retreating comrades.

A few minutes later, the Mandalorians stood battered, but victorious.

"What now?" the Field Marshall asked Mandalore.

"Now? Now we press the attack. One more attack like that will wipe us out for sure." Mandalore replied.

"By your word, Mandalore," the Marshall nodded and looked to the others. "We are advancing now! You saw what happened! The Imperial Guard descended upon us, but just look at us! We survived, and even beat them back!"

The Mandolorians roared in triumph at the words.

"Gather your weapons men! For today, we etch ourselves into the stones of history!"

Within a few minutes, most of the Mandalorians had gathered their weapons and advanced forward, ready to cut a swath of destruction throughout the station as they head towards the area their leaders had planned for them to gather in. A few remained behind to protect their wounded comrades, but like the rest of their companions, a bright fire burned in their eyes; determination and courage.

OOC: Vorten is a actual NPC in the game. You encounter her during Belsavis Empire bonus series.

drfumblez
06.15.2012 , 12:58 PM | #525
Be sure to let me know when they've reached the door so that I can have the Main Strike team arrive. I have a feeling that Isaac will want to have a few words with Mandolore, and Kovrai and Raii with Zhara before they head in for the Emperor. And Vash with her Bro on the Jedi?

Ardim
06.15.2012 , 01:04 PM | #526
Quote: Originally Posted by drfumblez View Post
Be sure to let me know when they've reached the door so that I can have the Main Strike team arrive. I have a feeling that Isaac will want to have a few words with Mandolore, and Kovrai and Raii with Zhara before they head in for the Emperor. And Vash with her Bro on the Jedi?
Alright. I haven't decided yet, but I might cut a bit and skip some of the fighting up until they're about to reach door and have one big fight there or whatever... Is that okay?

Maaruin
06.15.2012 , 01:05 PM | #527
OOC: Vorten is a actual NPC in the game. You encounter her during Belsavis Empire bonus series.
Wait... so Commander Vorten, leader of Wingran's ground troops, has a sister or cousin who is an imperial guard

nice.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Ardim
06.15.2012 , 01:14 PM | #528
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
Wait... so Commander Vorten, leader of Wingran's ground troops, has a sister or cousin who is an imperial guard

nice.
... Apparently so.

drfumblez
06.15.2012 , 09:09 PM | #529
Alright. I haven't decided yet, but I might cut a bit and skip some of the fighting up until they're about to reach door and have one big fight there or whatever... Is that okay?
Just have them reach the door at some point.

Maaruin
06.16.2012 , 06:53 PM | #530
OOC: Some more about what happened to the Medius strike team.

Emperor’s Fortress

Evardon cut down the last imperial who had stromed at them in the corridor.

“That wasn’t a counter attack,” he said.

“That’s true,” Jaesa answered. “I have used my power. They were forced to return. The Sith would have killed them otherwise.”

“That’s…” Evardon started. “Damn it. We should have asked them to surrender.”

“They started shooting,” another Medius said.

“Yeah, but still…” Evardon shook his head and moved on.

“This won’t be the worst thing that will happen today,” a former inquisitor said. “I had… visions. I saw the Emperor waiting for us. He has something prepared.”

“Some elaboration please,” Evardon said.

“That’s all,” he answered. “All I can see for now.”

They went around a corner.

“Intruders!” A patrol of two imperial guards had spotted them. One was armed with a rifle and started to fire immediately. Before they could react, two Medius Champions were fell to the attack. Jaesa leapt at the attacker while Evardon leapt at the other guard, a large man, armed with an electro staff.
The guard used its rifle to land a powerful strike on Jaesa’s helmet. Then he quickly pushed some buttons on it to call for support. Evardon tried a strong slash to push the electro staff out of his way, but the guard was strong enough to hold against it. A Champion jumped to his help, but his one handed strikes weren’t strong enough to pierce through his armor.

Evardon saw out of the corner of his eyes how the other guard dodged several of Jaesa’s strikes. He turned around an attacked him to draw his attention away from her. It worked, but then he felt an electrostaff on his back. He fell to the ground. Quickly he rolled to the side to evade a second strike. He screamed at the guard, using the Force to amplify the sound. This gave him enough time to stand up.
The other guard fell, decapitated by Jaesa’s yellow blade. Now the three Medius fighters turned their attention to the one guard left, probably an elite. Still they couldn’t break through his defenses. But at some point, when he lifted his right arm to use the staff against the champion, a blue lightsaber appeared next to it. The blade went through the weak point in his armor, under the arm into his body. The holder turned it around a little to make sure it would kill him.

The assassin deactivated his saber. It was a former apprentice who had dealt a lot of killing blows to his master’s enemies. Without a word he disappeared again.

They went on without resistance. After two corridors they came to a closed door. Evardon was thinking if they had someone to slice it in their team. But then the door was opened from the other side.

Evardon stopped in surprise or shock as he saw who was on the other side. An elder Sith with grey hair and an implant on the right side of his face. Darth Gravus.

Behind him a large contingent of Imperial Guards readied themselves. But they waited for his orders.

Evardon paused for a moment before he made a decision.

“Jaesa, take over,” he turned to his second-in-command. “Lead them another way, this is personal.”

Jaesa nodded and ordered the Medius troops away.

“May the Force be with you,” she said before she went away.

May the Force be with you, Evardon though, but he didn’t say anything.

Gravus just moved his hand and the Imperial Guard left. They would intercept the Medius forces in another corridor.

Gravus and Evardon waited until everyone had left. Then Evardon came closer.

“My apprentice returns,” Gravus said without moving. “I have been waiting for this a very long time.”

“And so have I,” Evardon responded.

“I have to admit, I didn’t expect your betrayel,” Gravus stated calmly. “Thana’s was obvious. She would break away from my guidance soon enough. But you…”

He paused, and then his voice became angry. “When did it start? When did you give the light room inside you? Was it on Taris, when you saw its destruction? Was it the Jedi master you killed? Or have you inhaled too much of Quesh’s air?”

“You are a wise man, Gravus,” Evardon answered. “But you fail to see the truth. I followed the light from the very beginning. I didn’t kill them, neither the Jedi nor scientists. I blinded you, so you won’t see who I really am.”

With one hand he took off his helmet and threw it to the side. His face was untouched by corruption, only scarred by fire. His blond beard and hair gave him a noble appearance. All he had hidden under his mask for so long became obvious again.

“I haven’t seen you like this for a very long time,” Gravus said slowly. He was calm, but Evardon could feel how a cold hatred flew through every vein of his body. He paused, carefully thinking.

“Do you have nightmares,” he asked. “Do you see how you killed those you would call innocent? Those you secretly supported? Do you see the destruction of Taris again and again?”

Evardon looked to the ground.

“Yes, I feel it,” He said, as if he enjoyed it. Then he took a more emotionless tone again. “You don’t need to be punished because you punish yourself. You were a fool to think you could follow the light as a Sith.”

“Yes, I know,” Evardon said slowly without looking up. Then he said nothing for a while. Memories filled his mind, memories of the horrible things he had done.

But finally he took a deep breath and looked into his masters eyes. “I know. And I know that I can never fully atone for what I did. But I also know that you were the one who wanted this destruction. And I will make sure that you will never be able to cause harm again.”

He ignited his lightsaber. He wouldn't kill him, but he would take him somewhere he couldn’t do harm again.

But Gravus didn’t react. Neither did he take his lightsaber nor did he prepare a force attack. Instead he spoke.

“Evardon, did I ever told you how special you are?”

Evardon said nothing, waiting for him to elaborate.

“You are chosen,” Gravus said. “Chosen for a great honor and a great destiny.”

“I… don’t understand,” Evardon said confused.

“Do you remember the first of your training sojourn on Korriban?”

“First?” Evardon asked. “I had only one stay on Korriban." He looked at his former master.

Gravus just smiled evilly and Evardon realized that he was kriffed.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall