Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Formal Apology to the Galactic Republic

Ardim
04.27.2012 , 07:55 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Karaiblis View Post
Or getting stuck in pesky things like spines or skulls...
That too
The Alabaster Legacy
Server: Jedi Covenant
Isaac: Sith Marauder Skradin: Mercenary Washington: Operative

DarthThuzad
04.27.2012 , 09:10 PM | #32
((Part 1 of the big Nox/Raii/Kira arc))

Temple of the Ancients, Lehon

Darth Nox is overlooking the temple grounds once again, seemingly waiting patiently for her trap to spring. For good measure, she tosses a few lightning bolts at Kiwiks, beginning to get impatient.

"You will break by the time this is over, as will they, and you will all awake in a galaxy of my image!" Nox spat at Kiwiks when she sensed a disturbance in the Force. A familiar animus Nox has more or less silenced long ago until this week emerges and makes Nox feel as if it is right there, heading from the sky.

"So, she took my bait," Nox muttered to herself as she grinned, "so predictable..." Once she was through with muttering, she sends a message to Kira with the Force with the bond the two share, "I sense you entering my domain. Soon, you and Raii will both know a galaxy of pain. You will serve, willingly or unwillingly...." When Nox spoke her piece, she returned to meditating on the overlook, again contemplating the different outcomes of this encounter with quiet resignation.

"Where in the Force did Nox get all these troopers? The surplus Imperial fodder store?" Raii queried as he cut down the last of the troops sent to intercept him and Kira.

"Desn't matter, let's just finish this." Kira nearly spat as she started up the steps. "The sooner Master Kiwiks is safe, the sooner I can be away from YOU."

Raii merely sighed as he clipped his sabers to his belt and followed her, his armored boots crunching the gravel into dirt as he moved up the stairs. They had made it halfway through when Raii attempted to speak again. "Kira, you can't fight Nox when you're this angry. or-"

"RRRAAAGGGHHHH!" Khem screamed as he tackled Raii, pushing him through the nearby wall, off the stairs. They landed with a bone-crunching thud, and Raii Force-pushed the Dashade off of him. "My master told me to keep you busy, Jedi!" Khem growled as he swung his blade at Raii, who dodged him.

"Kira, get moving! NOW!" Raii roared as he counter-attacked, his blades spinning to cut Khem's hide.

Kira hesitated for one second, then rushed up the stairs, certain that Raii would be fine.

Kira walked through an archway and reached the temple summit, where she found four Rakata artifacts in a circle in the center of the floor, and Kiwiks crudely chained to two pillars off to the side. Kira worked to untie Kiwiks and tried to awaken her unconscious master.

"Master! Master Kiwiks!"

"She won't wake," a familiar voice hissed. "She is still alive, but only by about a hair, but she's served her purpose," the female voice continued as Darth Nox approached Kira. "It never had to be this way, Kira. I sense much anger in you. Towards me? Towards Raii maybe?"

"You don't deserve that answer, Nox. Not with what you're doing," Kira said stoically.

"It matters not," Nox replied, standing her ground. "You once wielded power eternal in my name. Where you walked, doom followed. There is still a place for you with me. We can still be together, among other things."

"Vash, it's not too late for you. You can't let the Dark Side control you like this. Let it go, Vash, and maybe..." Kira stumbled at that, surprised at what she felt for Nox still. She thought it had been because of her kidnapping and turning... but Kira thought she actually... felt something.

Nox's eyes widened when Kira mentioned her real name, but then narrowed again. "That name is dead to me. I've seen all of your precious redemption heresies. They won't work on me. I will not succumb to the same weaknesses you succumb to. I am the Dark Side, and one day, you, will awaken into a galaxy remade in my image. So, join me once again, and I will forgive your betrayal and your incursion."

"Vash, listen to yourself, dammit! What happened to your rationality?! Where is your reason? Why are becoming like the Emperor?"

"I grow weary of this," Nox sighed as she made for her satchel and threw out a head. Erlunas' head. "This Jedi made the mistake of defying me. If you do not want to return to me, your fate will be similar."

Kira gaped in horror at Erlunas' severed head, but swallowed her bile, and stared straight at Nox. "You can be redeemed, Nox. You will be."

Nox ignited her red lightsaber and began in a Soresu stance. "Come then, Jedi. Face your retribution," she hissed.

Kira ignited her saber and pushed forward in the form of Ataru maneuvers, making progress against Nox's nearly impassible Soresu defenses. She succeeded in pushing Nox back a bit, but not before Nox counterattacked, causing a saber lock.

"Not bad, you've improved your offensive," Nox spoke impassively, "but you still could have learned more under me. It won't be enough to save you. Nothing shall protect you."

"Raii bested you in saber combat, and I was taught by him. You cannot stand against me, Vash. Please, surrender!"

"There are some who cannot be redeemed, Kira," Nox spat as she deflected more of Kira's strikes with Soresu flips, "I am one of them. Even if I did, by some divine intervention, become redeemed, as you clevely put it, it's still not enough. This galaxy is rotten. I am dark because THAT IS WHAT THE FORCE WANTS ME TO BE!"

"Vash, please just stop! The galaxy is a good place! People care about one another!"

"This galaxy is full of rotten people. They must all be purged for true peace to be achieved. There is no way I can purge them if I am redeemed, like you," Nox pushed Kira back more and throws two Rakata wicker boxes at her.

Kira dodged one of the boxes, catching the other to Force back to Nox.

Nox used her saber to deflect the box thrown at her then did a backflip as she attacked Kira with lightning, "You could have been something more had you never betrayed me...now you pay the price." Nox continued to deflect Kira's assault. The second she found an opening, she kicked Kira and did another backflip, "I Still never got the answer to my first question earlier. Allow me to pry it from the deep recesses of your mind...." Nox's hand glowed red as a faint red beam of light headed straight towards Kira, ready to assault her former apprentice's mind.

Kira quickly surrounded herself with a Force shield, just as Nox touched her mind. The resulting contact caused the beam of red light to bounce back towards Nox.

"What is this!?" Nox hissed as her own red beam of light bounced off of Kira's shield and hit her directly in the face. A red mist surrounds both her and Kira and subsequently stuns them both. To Nox's surprise, Kira's eyes glowed purple as Nox felt her mind being peered into. The mist got stronger, with Nox not being able to do anything about it. The mist turned into a fog as the environment shifts around the combatants.

Dromund Kaas

Once the mist is gone, they are seemingly no longer atop the Temple of the Ancients. Rather, they are on the lush Imperial capital planet of Dromund Kaas near a labor encampment. Kira looked around to find Nox, but Nox is nowhere to be found.

Kira proceeded to take a look at the labor encampment and watches as Imperial Slaves haul mining ore and water canisters from a nearby mine, with a few slavers constantly using remote controls to zap any slaves with their slave collars. A minute later, she spotted a brunette woman, no older than the age of twenty, carrying an unsealed canister of water. The woman placed the canister at the feet of her slaver.

"I've done as you asked, Jarvik," the woman stated impassively.

"Hmm, yes, you did go in and irrigate some water for me, slave," Jarvik stated as he picked up the canister, which he spilled on his slave and activated her slave collar. "But you didn't get more than a few drops."

The female slave screamed a blood-curdling scream of agony as she is subdued to the ground.

"Get up, slave 626," the slaver growled as he kicked the woman brutally. "Fail me again, and your punishment will be worse."

The female slave headed back into the labor mine, muttering to herself the following when out of earshot of her slaver but in Kira's earshot, "one day, I will get out of here...train myself sufficiently...then when I return, the kriffer will burn as will his benefactors of his so called Empire for putting me through this...so swears Vash Thuzad."

Kira gasped as Nox repeated her true name to herself, horrified at the conditions Nox grew up in. However, her eyes immediately hazed over as the next vision shifted.

The red mist shifts as Vash approaches Jarvik.

"What need do you have of me, master?" Vash asked while getting down on one knee.

"Your quota's short today, 626," Jarvik stated, "I'd beat you again, but you've spat in my face for the last time, slave. Come with me," he snarled while pulling her hair then throwing her into a tent, the sound of her jumpsuit being ripped off can be heard by other slaves and Kira, as could Vash's screams.

Kira felt a tear slip down her face at Nox's r*pe, feeling even a woman who as twisted as she didn't deserve it.

The mist shifted again as a male slave can be seen trying to smuggle Vash and their father out of the labor camp. Suddenly, he hears Imperials load up their rifles.

"Once we reach the spaceport, we are home free to go to Tython to cure father, Vash," the male slave stated. However, at the same time, Jarvik and two Imperial troopers threw a grenade which blinds their father. Vash's brother, seeing no other option, ran up a ladder and fled.

"You are DEAD for abandoning us, THION! DEAD!" Vash screamd as she no longer heard or felt her brother's presence.

Once Vash and her father got over the flashbang attack, Jarvik approached them.

"Well, well, well, attempted escapees," the slaver sneered as the two Imperial troopers point their guns at them. "Fortunately for you, like the Jedi, I have a cure for your father's terminal sickness that just came in, 626."

"What are you waiting for then?" Vash asked her slaver.

"Yet, Corporal Varus here also has the same sickness regrettably. I only have one dose." Jarvik injected the serum into the trooper, curing him while Vash's father fell to the ground. "Slaves come and die, as will you."

Vash was less than impressed with this spit in her face. All the years she's been kicked around as a slave, all the years of abuse at Jarvik's hand, physical, mental, and sexual, and at last, sealing her father's fate, all build in as her eyes briefly glowed yellow as she held out her hands and projected lightning, first at the two troopers, then at Jarvik.

"YOU HAVE TORMENTED ME FOR THE LAST TIME!" she roared as the lightning bolts engulfed her slaver, each bolt imbued with vile hatred against him for all that he has done to her. This raw, untapped power has her interested. Once she finished projecting the untapped lightning, she sighed, "that is but a taste of what the Empire will receive eventually for this torment, and what the Republic will get for their apathy of Imperial Slaves like myself."

Minutes later, Imperial guards arrested her and eventually ship her off to Korriban for her force sensitivity. The red mist engulfed Kira once more and she saw flashes of all who have pushed or tormented Nox in the empire, from Jarvik and Overseer Harkun all the way to Darth Thanaton, the Emperor, and Dark Raii.

Vash... that's why you're so determined to be Empress, isn't it? So that no one can ever hurt you like that again. I understand now, Vash. I truly do.

The red mist shifted one final time as it returned Kira to the Temple of the Ancients, where she once again faced Nox.

Temple of the Ancients, Lehon

"Too far, Kira," Nox hissed as she and Kira were freed from the stun the deflected attack did to both of them, "that memory is repressed for a reason. It brings me torment to this day. I never shared that memory with anyone, not you, not the Dark Council, no one. Colonel Jarvik deserved his fate fully." She spat on the ground, "but his death was not enough to fix this galaxy."

"I-I understand you now, Vash, but there are still good people in this galaxy. I can help you recover, both from your past and the Dark Side," Kira responded.

"Spare me your false pity," Nox replied.

"It's not false, it's straight from my heart," Kira spoke, Nox can sense determination in her voice.

Nox sighed, "even now, even as I am a Dark Council member, I am still pushed around in the Empire as if I was in the slave pens. You saw all the others in the vision. I will take over the Empire and purge it of those types of people, then the Republic for their apathy. Omega's fate shall be similar," Nox declared. "I will ask one more time, you seem sympathetic to me. Join my cause, and I will forgive this entire incursion."

"Snap out of the Dark Side, Vash! You are dooming yourself to death and destruction!"

"Then you are just as bad as the others, Kira." Nox sighed as she fires another torrent of lightning at Kira.

Kira's saber absorbed the lightning sent at her then resumes fighting Nox with saber combat. About a minute of saber locks and parries, Nox saw an obvious opening and prepares to counter attack.

I thought you better than this, Kira. She moved to end Kira by bisecting her, but then unexpectedly froze where she stood. What am I doing? No, I can still convince her to-

"What sorcery is this!? I cannot strike!" Nox gasped in horror.

"You can't kill me, Vash. The Dark Side isn't you," Kira answered, "the light side calls. It is not too late for you."

"It's a fluke, I assure you." Nox responded as she continues to defend herself. "Soon, this will all be over. Once you are done, Raii will break. Soon after, the Emperor will die, then I will take his place, then shape the Empire into my own image, then crush the other two major factions. That is the price the galaxy pays for pushing me to this."

"What happened to you wasn't your choice, Vash," Kira began, "but you can rise above Jarvik and the others who pushed you around,"

"You are correct that none of this is my choice. This galaxy made me into this monster it wants me to be. But it works both ways. I am powerful in the Force for a reason. Someone has to fix this galaxy, a purpose given to me," Nox retorts.

Kira shook her head then continued to press her attack against Nox, who continued to use Soresu to defend and counter attack. They get to another saber lock where Nox moved to strike Kira down once again at the first opening. She may be right. After all, she's the only one who cares for me. Nox hesitated once again, but she still betrayed me. Kira caught her own opening and defended.

"I am in control here, blade!" Nox hissed.

"Vash... please... You know, deep inside, that you can't lose me."

"I will get over this, Kira, and none will stand in my way once I am through with you," she screamed as she defiled the ground under Kira.

Kira channeled, the Force pouring through to negate the field of death that consumes the ground beneath her.

"Impressive," Nox muttered under her breath, "but not enough!" Nox leaped to the top of a small pillar, preparing to conjure more lightning, "No sense in dragging this out more, Kira. I am on higher ground. Leap at me, and you suffer defeat!"

Kira responded by throwing her saber at Nox and then hurling a box at her with the Force. Nox responded by throwing the saber back with lightning then using her saber to bisect the box. Nox engaged Kira once again in combat. After a series of blows, Nox found an opening and bisected Kira's lightsaber, leaving one end functional.

"The beginning of the end, Kira." Nox replied.

Kira reached out, pulling her bisect saber back, and prepared, watching Nox carefully as she bounds up some of the opposite pillars to strike at Nox. "Vash! Stop this now! I understand everything!"

"There is no Vash, only Nox!" Nox replied as she continues to deflect Kira's blows. Suddenly, however, she spotted Kiwiks twitching, then grinned fiendishly. "Spare me your false pity," Nox struck Kiwiks with lightning, knocking her into unconsciousness once again. Kira screamed with rage at this, instantly going into a fury at the pain of her mentor.

Even with Soresu dominating in defense against all other lightsaber forms, Nox, for the first time all battle, had a difficult time keeping up with Kira's renewed rage. She tried to feint, but it is futile as Kira kicked Nox towards her face, forcing Nox to move her saber in front, where it subsequently falls off the temple.

"And here you are falling to the Dark Side," Nox sighed as Kira moved in for the kill. I will not come to this end. "You forced my hand," she hissed as her eyes flash purple as she launched twelve bolts of lightning at Kira, first at her saber, disintegrating it. Kira convulsed as the lightning hit her, dropping to the ground, screaming in agony.

As Nox shifted the focus of her lightning to Kira, aiming to make her suffer for her incursion, the intensity of her lightning is gradually... decreased rather than increased. Furthermore, Nox is not cackling or smiling as she projected the lightning. Instead, she had a melancholy look on her face, and tears drop out of her eyes

"Vash! You can stop this! You can be-!" Kira screamed again as the lightning ravages her body, the electricity causing her to seizure on the floor.

What in the Force am I doing? Nox thought, has the Force really driven me to this end? To kill the only person who has ever cared for me? I...I will not. Nox shut off her lightning and fell to her knees. "NO! I WILL NOT! I CANNOT!"

Vash looked towards the sky, "Is this what you wanted, Colonel Jarvik?! Harkun?! Thanaton?! Isaac?! Dark Raii?! You would all force my hand and have me destroy the galaxy, even at the expense of the life of the only person that has EVER cared for me; the only person I have ever loved?"

Kira weakly reached a hand out at Vash, a small smile on Kira's face as she screamed her defiance to the heavens, finally having gotten through to her. Vash reached down to hold Kira, the demonic red in her eyes slowly fading into a pigment that is grayish-blue like the seas of Manaan, a smile creasing her face as well, when a heavy boot stomp causes both of them to freeze.

"GET THE HELL AWAY FROM KIRA, YOU SITH WHORE!" Raii roared, his cloak and armor in tatters, dropping the nearly dead Khem down the stairs he had just dragged him up. Raii activated his sabers, flipped the blades backwards as he prepared to leap at Vash.
Darth Vashará Azear the Infernal
<Nova Imperium>
Major Thrinna Rainor

Ardim
04.27.2012 , 09:33 PM | #33
CURSE YOU, CLIFFHANGERS!!!!!

The Alabaster Legacy
Server: Jedi Covenant
Isaac: Sith Marauder Skradin: Mercenary Washington: Operative

xWKSxTabor
04.27.2012 , 10:16 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardim View Post
CURSE YOU, CLIFFHANGERS!!!!!

Heard that!

Maaruin
04.28.2012 , 04:40 AM | #35
Quote:
"I grow weary of this," Nox sighed as she made for her satchel and threw out a head. Erlunas' head. "This Jedi made the mistake of defying me. If you do not want to return to me, your fate will be similar."
Now I am waiting for Raii's reaction when he sees it...
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

drfumblez
04.28.2012 , 05:56 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
Now I am waiting for Raii's reaction when he sees it...
I truth, i felt that the head was slightly pointless to add in, and completely counter-acts the point I was trying to make, but at Thuzad's request, I kept it in.

Maaruin
04.28.2012 , 06:23 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by drfumblez View Post
I truth, i felt that the head was slightly pointless to add in, and completely counter-acts the point I was trying to make, but at Thuzad's request, I kept it in.
Hm, ok, in fact Thuzad did it on my request. But if I look at it that way, maybe you are right. Maybe we should edit it and take it out.
Then Raii would learn it later, that Erlunas is dead.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

drfumblez
04.28.2012 , 07:02 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
Hm, ok, in fact Thuzad did it on my request. But if I look at it that way, maybe you are right. Maybe we should edit it and take it out.
Then Raii would learn it later, that Erlunas is dead.
It's fine, it really doesn't matter at this point. I'll get his reaction in.
Gosh this next part is difficult to link together...

Karaiblis
04.28.2012 , 08:10 AM | #39
*Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*
*eeeeeeeeeeee*
*eee*
Ahh, done now, tha-
*squeeeeee*
/cough ahem, ya, amazing job guys, I totally forgot my coffee reading through that, it's stone cold now with out me getting a sip. I knew Noxy had a seriously vulnerable side!!

Moooooaaaarrrrr!

P.S. The head thing... makes Nox's sympathy points hard to swallow, but it fits with a towering evil. I kind of thought that Raii would sense Erlunas's death, she was his Padawan.
Passion Strength Power Victory Freedom
Kovrai · Ebon Hawk · Rysari

drfumblez
04.28.2012 , 08:16 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Karaiblis View Post
*Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*
*eeeeeeeeeeee*
*eee*
Ahh, done now, tha-
*squeeeeee*
/cough ahem, ya, amazing job guys, I totally forgot my coffee reading through that, it's stone cold now with out me getting a sip. I knew Noxy had a seriously vulnerable side!!

Moooooaaaarrrrr!

P.S. The head thing... makes Nox's sympathy points hard to swallow, but it fits with a towering evil. I kind of thought that Raii would sense Erlunas's death, she was his Padawan.
Word of God: When Dark Raii wants Raii to feel something in the Force, he'll let him know. I mean, he kept EVERYBODY from sensing Kovrai was pregnant, right?