Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Formal Apology to the Galactic Republic

Maaruin
09.23.2012 , 03:07 PM | #1031
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardim View Post
Wash: You still haven't answered my question. History will remember the Shadow Dealer, but not me.
Dre'zilli: History will remember that a powerful person with an entire intelligence organization was alligned with Darth Isaac. This person was called the Shadow Dealer and p*ssed off Darth Nox so bad that he became Number One on her most wanted list. This person also sabotaged an Imperial superweapon and forced a well-known Imperial admiral into exile. And afterwards this person probably continued to play a very important role for Omega.

Deep down you may still be [whoever you think you are]. But it's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you.

Quote:
OOC: Jeez, why is it everyone picks on me?
OOC: I love Wash as a character. I'm not trying to pick on you. But Wash just isn't the kind of spy he described anymore. He has outgrown that and is now someone like Keeper or Darth Jadus - a spy-lord.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Ardim
09.23.2012 , 03:14 PM | #1032
Quote: Originally Posted by LogicLoup View Post
Zhara: You're going to try and deny killing people? Ending those lives and ruining every other life those touched? Pardon me while I laugh myself sick.

Because your characters lay on the air of noble tragedy so thick you'd need a chainsaw to cut through it all.
Wash: Excuse me as I scoff at your stupidity as you once again presume something without anything to backup your claims. Did I ever say whatsoever that I did not kill anyone? If killing lives ruin others goes for me, it very well goes to you too, Jedi. You most likely have a higher death count than me because you are limited to two options: Diplomacy, and a lightsaber. I, on the other hand, have more options available. Kidnapping, sabotage, blackmail for example... You view them with disgust, but it is that or blind murder.

OOC: Ahem, Raii is the definition of noble tragedy . Go pick on him

Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
Dre'zilli: History will remember that a powerful person with an entire intelligence organization was alligned with Darth Isaac. This person was called the Shadow Dealer and p*ssed off Darth Nox so bad that he became Number One on her most wanted list. This person also sabotaged an Imperial superweapon and forced a well-known Imperial admiral into exile. And afterwards this person probably continued to play a very important role for Omega.

Deep down you may still be [whoever you think you are]. But it's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you.

OOC: I love Wash as a character. I'm not trying to pick on you. But Wash just isn't the kind of spy he described anymore. He has outgrown that and is now someone like Keeper or Darth Jadus - a spy-lord.
Wash: If what I do defines me, then I would be a tragic hero. I will repeat what I said, history will remember the Shadow Dealer, but not ME, because it doesn't know who I am.

OOC: Yeah well, you and Zhara are pretty much backing me into a corner. . And unlike Keeper and Jadus, Wash still handles situations personally. For some reason, I keep hearing Wash's voice as Javik's from Mass Effect 3
The Alabaster Legacy
Server: Jedi Covenant
Isaac: Sith Marauder Skradin: Mercenary Washington: Operative

drfumblez
09.23.2012 , 03:19 PM | #1033
Wash: Excuse me as I scoff at your stupidity as you once again presume something without anything to backup your claims. Did I ever say whatsoever that I did not kill anyone? If killing lives ruin others goes for me, it very well goes to you too, Jedi. You most likely have a higher death count than me because you are limited to two options: Diplomacy, and a lightsaber. I, on the other hand, have more options available. Kidnapping, sabotage, blackmail for example... You view them with disgust, but it is that or blind murder.

Raii: Why is it everyone forgets the "Walk Away" option? No, seriously. That's always an option.

OOC: Compare the fun of trolling me against you, and you have your answer. I roll with the punches so well, it's more fun for me than the person who insulted my character in the first place.

Quote:
OOC: Yeah well, you and Zhara are pretty much backing me into a corner. . And unlike Keeper and Jadus, Wash still handles situations personally. For some reason, I keep hearing Wash's voice as Javik's from Mass Effect 3
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAno. You can't come up with NEAR the amount of pure awesomeness as the Trollthean.

LogicLoup
09.23.2012 , 03:20 PM | #1034
Zhara: Everything I have done -- all the lives I have saved and yes, all the ones I have ended -- I've done with my own face. I'm accountable for my actions in a way that you, with your cloak of anonymity, can't even begin to understand. You're so convinced of the necessity of your actions? Bring them out into the light.

Quote:
I do, fairly frequently. But you don't play on Ebon Hawk (that I know of, at least), so I have to pick on you here.

"I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

Ardim
09.23.2012 , 03:27 PM | #1035
Zhara: Everything I have done -- all the lives I have saved and yes, all the ones I have ended -- I've done with my own face. I'm accountable for my actions in a way that you, with your cloak of anonymity, can't even begin to understand. You're so convinced of the necessity of your actions? Bring them out into the light.

I do, fairly frequently. But you don't play on Ebon Hawk (that I know of, at least), so I have to pick on you here.
Wash: The Star Cabal. Need I say more? A group of people manipulated the galaxy for centuries. As corrupted as they were, they were able to do something remarkable; they prevented war for a very long time and thus prevented mass death. They prevented you, the Jedi, and the Sith from discovering one another for a long time, because every single time Jedi and Sith meets, innocent people die. And that is one of the reasons why I hate you Jedi so. You know almost nothing of me, so do not presume to know me. This conversation is over.

OOC: If only there were paid transfers . Then I could transfer Wash or Isaac there. I do not want to level up another character again.

Quote: Originally Posted by drfumblez View Post

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAno. You can't come up with NEAR the amount of pure awesomeness as the Trollthean.

Yeah, well my imagination likes to mess with me . So Wash's voice, at least for now while me and Zhara argue, sounds like Javik.

Hmm, I wonder what WOULD happen if the two were to meet...
The Alabaster Legacy

drfumblez
09.23.2012 , 03:30 PM | #1036
OOC: If only there were paid transfers . Then I could transfer Wash or Isaac there. I do not want to level up another character again.

Yeah, well my imagination likes to mess with me . So Wash's voice, at least for now while me and Zhara argue, sounds like Javik.

Hmm, I wonder what WOULD happen if the two were to meet...
Wash'd die. Really, really fast.

LogicLoup
09.23.2012 , 03:35 PM | #1037
Wash: The Star Cabal. Need I say more? A group of people manipulated the galaxy for centuries. As corrupted as they were, they were able to do something remarkable; they prevented war for a very long time and thus prevented mass death. They prevented you, the Jedi, and the Sith from discovering one another for a long time, because every single time Jedi and Sith meets, innocent people die. And that is one of the reasons why I hate you Jedi so. You know almost nothing of me, so do not presume to know me. This conversation is over.
Umm... what? It seems that you and I played through two ENTIRELY different Agent storylines, because at the end of my chapter three, we discovered that the Star Cabal engineered the most recent war (considering the past ten years as a temporary armistice, rather than an end to the "previous" war) as part of their bid to destroy the Jedi and the Sith. Billions of innocent casualties among the Force-blind they were ostensibly protecting? Meh, f*ck 'em, they're acceptable losses. Holding up the Cabal as admirable in either intent or methodology is effectively equivalent to "at least under <insert dictator of choice here> the trains ran on time."

"I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

Ardim
09.23.2012 , 03:35 PM | #1038
Quote: Originally Posted by drfumblez View Post

Wash'd die. Really, really fast.
Level 6-7 characters to 50 and 5-7 others to 35+ then try and level another one. I guarantee you it is very painful and boring.

Ahem, Star Wars is technologically more advanced than Mass Effect . Not to mention Wash is no rookie and is a very experienced fighter. Approach this realistically for once . It really could go either way if you factor everything like skill, environment, luck, scenario, etc. etc.

Umm... what? It seems that you and I played through two ENTIRELY different Agent storylines, because at the end of my chapter three, we discovered that the Star Cabal engineered the most recent war (considering the past ten years as a temporary armistice, rather than an end to the "previous" war) as part of their bid to destroy the Jedi and the Sith. Billions of innocent casualties among the Force-blind they were ostensibly protecting? Meh, f*ck 'em, they're acceptable losses. Holding up the Cabal as admirable in either intent or methodology is effectively equivalent to "at least under <insert dictator of choice here> the trains ran on time."
They STARTED out with noble intentions and they INEVITABLY became corrupted.

Directly from Wookieepedia:

In the aftermath of the Great Hyperspace War, many individuals began to question the the justice of millions of lives being lost in a conflict between the Jedi and Sith. Some of these individuals came together in the Koros system, and with the declaration of the Koros Covenant they formed the Star Cabal—a secret organization dedicated to the preservation of galactic civilization through the control of information and influence.

And:

However, sometime before the Cold War, the Cabal took on a less noble purpose. Later generations of members began to subvert the organization's goals, taking advantage of the Cabal's resources for their own profit. Over time, the Cabal strayed from its goal of preventing war, and became a secret society dedicated to its own protection and continued prosperity.

As bad as they were, you cannot deny that they did SOME good.
The Alabaster Legacy

Maaruin
09.23.2012 , 03:42 PM | #1039
Nathema

*stuff*
Finally read it. And I really, really liked it. I think since the death of the Emperor Isaac has become a more complex character. And seeing him and Raii clashing now, without the pressure to work together and after Raii has solved his issues, was imo very well done.

Quote:
Wash: If what I do defines me, then I would be a tragic hero. I will repeat what I said, history will remember the Shadow Dealer, but not ME, because it doesn't know who I am.
Dre'zilli: No, because you didn't fail, you are not tragic. And the things you did weren't obviously heroic, so you are no hero. I might be biased on the second one, though. I am an Imperial and currently a Republic POW because of your actions after all.
But, if you take away the Shadow Dealer and all of your other masks, what is left of you?

Quote:
OOC: Still, no spy. A spy sits in the enemies territory and gathers INTEL, maybe manipulates a little on a subtle way. Wash is as much of a true spy as James Bond.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

drfumblez
09.23.2012 , 03:43 PM | #1040
Level 6-7 characters to 50 and 5-7 others to 35+ then try and level another one. I guarantee you it is very painful and boring.

Ahem, Star Wars is technologically more advanced than Mass Effect . Not to mention Wash is no rookie and is a very experienced fighter. Approach this realistically for once
I got 2 JKs to 50, picking the exact same choices along the way, got 2 SWs to 50 (although they were different), and have made multiple other classes past Act 1. AND I'm still having fun.
That argument holds no water with me.

Javik was the best warrior out of an entire race. He was the Avatar of Vengeance. Wash is history.