Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Formal Apology to the Galactic Republic

Ardim
09.23.2012 , 12:01 PM | #1021
Quote: Originally Posted by LogicLoup View Post
Shenanigans. You cannot possibly expect us to believe that Isaac's been in constant negotiations for three solid weeks. Peace talks couldn't have been convened immediately, so we're looking at at least a few days there, more than sufficient time for travel and a memorial.

Okay, I'll admit, the mental image of Skurrdin as a lawn jockey is really just too ludicrously amusing to let go of.

Zhara: No one's perfect, Blake Alabaster, and you're not the only one with friends.
Its not just negotiations; he's had to plan for the future, regather the fleet, monitor the status of everything, etc. etc. And not to mention the negotiations (Between Omega and Empire, then Republic and Omega to meet all together) before the official negotiations. So yeah, he's had enough crap to occupy him for three whole weeks. Please stop picking on him

Wash: Please don't tempt me into starting a war. I have the information and resources to do so. *Mutters under his breath* And people ask me why I don't like the Jedi...
Through Passion, We gain Strength!
Darth Chroan The Empire's Wrath
Vengeance for Marr and the Empire!

LogicLoup
09.23.2012 , 01:29 PM | #1022
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardim View Post
Wash: Please don't tempt me into starting a war. I have the information and resources to do so. *Mutters under his breath* And people ask me why I don't like the Jedi...
Zhara: Fascinating bit of historical trivia - Alderaanian kings used to have someone with the sole duty of accompanying them on victory marches and parades and stuff. While the crowd was being all "Yay king, you are so amazingly awesome and better than everyone ever!", this guy would stand beside the king and whisper in his ear, "Remember that thou art mortal." Y'know, keeping them grounded so the power wouldn't go to their head. Amazing custom. It's kinda too bad it passed out of common use.

"I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

Ardim
09.23.2012 , 02:01 PM | #1023
Zhara: Fascinating bit of historical trivia - Alderaanian kings used to have someone with the sole duty of accompanying them on victory marches and parades and stuff. While the crowd was being all "Yay king, you are so amazingly awesome and better than everyone ever!", this guy would stand beside the king and whisper in his ear, "Remember that thou art mortal." Y'know, keeping them grounded so the power wouldn't go to their head. Amazing custom. It's kinda too bad it passed out of common use.
Wash: Something you should know about us spies; we are sanitation workers. We do the jobs that no one else will. But without us, the galaxy would be a much more chaotic and dark place. We are invisible and we will not be remembered in history.

drfumblez
09.23.2012 , 02:04 PM | #1024
1.) PER SE, damn it! Not only is "persay" not a real word, it's not even a validly-constructed neologism. Don't make me go all linguist on your @sses
Look at all the f*cks I give.

Wash: Something you should know about us spies; we are sanitation workers. We do the jobs that no one else will. But without us, the galaxy would be a much more chaotic and dark place. We are invisible and we will not be remembered in history.
Raii: That chip on your shoulder? It's a full-sized castle now. Thought you should know.

Maaruin
09.23.2012 , 02:04 PM | #1025
Lt. Dre'zilli: If that's the case, Shadow Dealer, you are doing it wrong. I'm keeping up a much better job in will-not-be-remembered-in-history-ing.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Ardim
09.23.2012 , 02:18 PM | #1026
Quote: Originally Posted by drfumblez View Post

Raii: That chip on your shoulder? It's a full-sized castle now. Thought you should know.
What is this, I don't even-

Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
Lt. Dre'zilli: If that's the case, Shadow Dealer, you are doing it wrong. I'm keeping up a much better job in will-not-be-remembered-in-history-ing.
Wash: Only a few people in the galaxy know my true identity. And some even question if it really is my real identity. Not to mention I have multiple faces. So tell me, how will history remember me? Perhaps it will remember the Shadow Dealer, but not me personally.

LogicLoup
09.23.2012 , 02:29 PM | #1027
Quote: Originally Posted by drfumblez View Post
Look at all the f*cks I give.
I realise that. It's still a linguistic hobby-horse of mine.

Zhara: Uhh... no. Sanitation workers improve lives, make things better and cleaner than they found them. You? You're a demolitionist. You break people and then have the nerve to pretend it's the only good and right thing to do. Such a lonely and noble calling, such a tragedy for you that you get to enjoy the anonymity of never being called to account for what you've done. Oh, boo kriffing hoo, someone fetch my hankie.

"I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

Maaruin
09.23.2012 , 02:33 PM | #1028
Wash: Only a few people in the galaxy know my true identity. And some even question if it really is my real identity. Not to mention I have multiple faces. So tell me, how will history remember me? Perhaps it will remember the Shadow Dealer, but not me personally.
Lt. Dre'zilli: History will also remember the "Sith Emperor who wanted to eat the galaxy", not Vitiate personally. And the remember the Dark Lord Darth Revan who turned light and saved the Republic as Revan, not his true name and origin.
You know, Shadow Dealer, you are a spy-lord. The actual spies are your nameless operatives and contacts. (You started out as one of them, but don't pretend that you still are.)
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Ardim
09.23.2012 , 02:51 PM | #1029
Zhara: Uhh... no. Sanitation workers improve lives, make things better and cleaner than they found them. You? You're a demolitionist. You break people and then have the nerve to pretend it's the only good and right thing to do. Such a lonely and noble calling, such a tragedy for you that you get to enjoy the anonymity of never being called to account for what you've done. Oh, boo kriffing hoo, someone fetch my hankie.
Wash: I'm sorry, but now you're just presuming things and making things up. There is only one person I broke and that was to set the road straight. If you're going to try and mock me, at least get your facts straight.

Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
Lt. Dre'zilli: History will also remember the "Sith Emperor who wanted to eat the galaxy", not Vitiate personally. And the remember the Dark Lord Darth Revan who turned light and saved the Republic as Revan, not his true name and origin.
You know, Shadow Dealer, you are a spy-lord. The actual spies are your nameless operatives and contacts. (You started out as one of them, but don't pretend that you still are.)
Wash: You still haven't answered my question. History will remember the Shadow Dealer, but not me.

OOC: Jeez, why is it everyone picks on me?

LogicLoup
09.23.2012 , 03:02 PM | #1030
Wash: I'm sorry, but now you're just presuming things and making things up. There is only one person I broke and that was to set the road straight. If you're going to try and mock me, at least get your facts straight.
Zhara: You're going to try and deny killing people? Ending those lives and ruining every other life those touched? Pardon me while I laugh myself sick.

Quote:
OOC: Jeez, why is it everyone picks on me?
Because your characters lay on the air of noble tragedy so thick you'd need a chainsaw to cut through it all.

Edit: And because it hasn't been Troll Ardim Day for a while now, and we're overdue.