Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Expansion into New European and Middle Eastern Countries

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Expansion into New European and Middle Eastern Countries
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
04.25.2012 , 11:01 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
We are excited to announce that Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ has officially launched in a wide range of new countries throughout Europe and the Middle East. Fans of the iconic franchise and PC gamers alike can now embark on their very own Star Wars™ saga, and explore a rich and vibrant galaxy with thousands of other players.

Read More
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

October
04.25.2012 , 11:25 PM | #2
woo i'll be able to play with my babes in luxembourg

Darth_Victus
04.25.2012 , 11:35 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
We are excited to announce that Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ has officially launched in a wide range of new countries throughout Europe and the Middle East. Fans of the iconic franchise and PC gamers alike can now embark on their very own Star Wars™ saga, and explore a rich and vibrant galaxy with thousands of other players.

Read More
Thats great, any plans to release in Mexico? Or are those of us south of the boarder going to get shafted again?

dathmesican
04.26.2012 , 12:09 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Victus View Post
Thats great, any plans to release in Mexico? Or are those of us south of the boarder going to get shafted again?
This makes more sense than the Middle East. Como si hay mas gente con luz o internet en el Medio Oriente que en America Latina.
"I name you the Sword of the Jedi. You are like tempered steel, purposeful and razor-keen. Always you shall be in the front rank, a burning brand to your enemies, a brilliant fire to your friends..."

Luke Skywalker to Jaina Solo

Vladan
04.26.2012 , 12:30 AM | #5
About time, I say! Even though most people from those countries, myself included, have purchased the game elsewhere a long time ago. Still, better late than never.

I should point out that the game isn't available to Serbia, at least, from Origin quite yet, it seems. The "not available in your region" error message is still displayed.

zabiela
04.26.2012 , 12:32 AM | #6
Well, sorry to ruin your party BW, but us Romanians, have been playing the game for a while, but thank you for making it official now I have to take sides with my fellow players and inform you that although you are trying (maybe, just supposing) to make a marketing approach into populating the dead servers, a good way would be just to merge some servers. We are all waiting for that moment in our galaxian lifes. Thank you!

TJemegency
04.26.2012 , 01:02 AM | #7
Lithuania! Does this mean I'm legal in SWTOR now?
Quote: Originally Posted by GlowstickSwinger View Post
Say it with me, BioWare:
YOU DO NOT HAVE A CONTENT PROBLEM. YOU HAVE A PERFORMANCE PROBLEM.

Grendizer
04.26.2012 , 03:04 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by October View Post
woo i'll be able to play with my babes in luxembourg
Babes in Luxembourg...you clearly aren't from this country

Anyway...at the beginning we were 10-15, now I'm the only one playing...wohoo
Ganking is not a crime, it's a must. In space, no one can hear you gank.

Looking for players from Luxembourg and Ragnaros (EU) Wow Server.

mguitar
04.26.2012 , 03:08 AM | #9
"thousands of other players"?

Funny... I can't even get four of them together in fleet for a flashpoint. But hey, who needs a cross-server LFG tool anyway?

Rizzozo
04.26.2012 , 03:29 AM | #10
Sweet!

I'm in Qatar and have been playing since launch (ordered from Amazon) and i'm glad its finally been made official.

Any chance we can hope for Middle Eastern servers? Just one even?