Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Worst/Most pointless companions in the game?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Worst/Most pointless companions in the game?

imnotawitch
04.26.2012 , 01:17 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by LeeC View Post
LS meshes well with Khem Val?

my vote so far has to be Scourge. As a LS defense spec jedi guardian he more or less just takes up space on the ship. Or if I am running a low lever person through essels hes there to dazzle the newbies (which was originally unintentional, I just figured he wanted to stretch his legs)
As a foil, yes, my SI and Khem have an interesting dynamic. They rarely agree, but it's always fun to watch.
"Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music."- George Carlin
*Forever Shenanigans*

Raeln
04.26.2012 , 01:28 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Admit it. It's because Jaxo is easier to get into bed, right?
My trooper bedded both.

Truth is, I would have never allowed an Imperial defector access to the most elite special ops squad in the galaxy. Don't get me wrong, she's a great field medic, but that high of a security clearance she would have never earned. Had this been a real world, Elara Dorne would have been at some research facility under an amazing number of security cameras, firewalls and other monitoring software for years.

Certainly not out in the field, privy to some of the most classified field ops data the Republic has to keep secret with almost no security to keep her from sending encrypted emails from the convenience of a ship that has 4 other lifeforms on it to watch her. We are supposed to believe that she's pure as snow because she is the male trooper's only love interest (with an accent to boot).

Jaxo on the other hand has no such baggage and would have made an awesome technical operative for the team. Yes, I said operative. Jaxo could have been like an agent.

DanteRagnarok
04.26.2012 , 03:08 PM | #53
okay, i'll be the one to say it, Blizz, I've got a Powertech BH so having another ranged tank is useless, and on a personal note, I wouldn't allow one of the gypsies of the universe to scuttle his thieving little "too-hehe" behind onto my expensive ship and risk turning my back on him. It just seems like a great way to wind up coming back to your ship and finding it stripped to the frame and sitting on cinderblocks.

Pubsam
04.26.2012 , 03:16 PM | #54
I'm only going to discuss story-wise, since various specs/classes can get various mileage out of the various companion archetypes. I've played Agent, Trooper, and Consular to 50, and gotten BH to about half that. But these are the only ones that bother me.

Ensign Temple. I mean really, WHY is she there? Since she joins your crew for less than compelling reasons, you'd think they'd at least write her to be a little more interesting. The only interesting thing about her - her severe Imperial patriotism unaffected by her personal hardships - is actually rather annoying in the end. Morality-wise she is much like my agent, but unlike my agent cannot recognize the Empire's shortcomings and downfalls. Is she just dumb? GAH!

Vector. Don't get me wrong, I LIKE Vector (aka, Mr. Cipher Nine), but his role in the story is a question mark. He was important and helpful on Alderaan, but how he went from diplomacy to working for Imperial Intelligence is quite a leap. And once he's on your ship, he pretty much only provides companionship while he pursues his own diplomatic missions (while the other companions, either for employment (Kaliyo) or patriotism, seem interested in what you're doing). Of course, I'd never have turned him away or got rid of him though. After 5 planets of just you and Kaliyo he is a sweet breath of dreamy pheromones.

Zenith. Like Vector, I also like Zenith. He's interesting, I just don't know why he's on my ship. You'd think after freeing Balmorra he would want to stick around, not tag along with some Jedi doing tasks he couldn't care less about. While he opens up slightly as he gains affection, I wish we could learn more about him, his character has so much potential but he feels half-written. And WHY no romance?

Iresso. Everyone picks on him. Hell, even Jorgan did (at least that convo was entertaining). He's just a nice guy! He's doing his best! It's a lot of pressure being the only female romance option on a ship with two more interesting but unavailable lady-killers (Theran figuratively, Zenith literally). He's got his problems but he doesn't let them get him down! He thinks you're amazing and he's here for you!

...you know, perhaps I like Iresso more than I thought.
Time for a nap.

Crezelle
04.26.2012 , 03:25 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Pubsam View Post
Vector. Don't get me wrong, I LIKE Vector (aka, Mr. Cipher Nine), but his role in the story is a question mark. He was important and helpful on Alderaan, but how he went from diplomacy to working for Imperial Intelligence is quite a leap. And once he's on your ship, he pretty much only provides companionship while he pursues his own diplomatic missions (while the other companions, either for employment (Kaliyo) or patriotism, seem interested in what you're doing). Of course, I'd never have turned him away or got rid of him though. After 5 planets of just you and Kaliyo he is a sweet breath of dreamy pheromones.
he taught my agent how to be diplomatic in the field
she won over the hearts and loyalty of countless groups towards the empire's cause, instead of killing off thier leaders.

and yess, sweet, dreamy pheremones * sneaks into crew bunks and sniffs his pillow* :3

on a relevant note, if you listen to his dialogue, hes basically DPS due to his enhanced " protector" role in the hive. you even get to be cute and call him your odd, something or other protector.

i just geared him up glass cannon spec, loaded him with steady kolto, and let "my honeybee" do the stinging
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

criminalheretic
04.26.2012 , 03:31 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Crito View Post
So much negativity on these forums. Why all the "which is the worst ..." threads? Why not "which is the best"? pfft
T-7 for the JK. Tanking Droid as first companion FTW!

Kaisernick
04.26.2012 , 03:44 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by deusBAAL View Post
As dps Sorc I have done fine with Andronikos and then with Ashara and SOrc does get a 2nd tank: Xalek, who of course is bugged and gets no benefit from shield and absorption gear!

Thus Xalek is the worst companion to me (sadly I relaised that after gearing him up and that way I am kinda stuck with him now till I managed to gear up another one, maybe Khem again, since Ashara wears slave girl outfit now LOL)
Why is Xalek the worst? Because he got no story or quests behind him after you get him, the conversations are bring and just end at some point with his swear of allegiance. Boring, he feels like a lategame added appendix.
Plus he is BUGGED which makes him the worst tank pet of all, low chance of shielding and light armor = total paper tank.
now that has deperesed me i was really looking forward to having him and what worse is he wasnt a late edition he was one of the first companions to be seen

grania
04.26.2012 , 03:54 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaisernick View Post
now that has deperesed me i was really looking forward to having him and what worse is he wasnt a late edition he was one of the first companions to be seen
It blows. Xalek could be so cool, he looks and sounds awesome and he wears your old gear. I also loved how he was acquired as a companion, it might have been my favorite part(s) of the SI story.
--,-'-{## ##}-'-,--

AlyxDinas
04.26.2012 , 03:57 PM | #59
Gault.
'Jeos Dinas'-Ebon Hawk
Manager, The Ebon Hawk Bounty Board
"Perception Problem."

Crezelle
04.26.2012 , 03:59 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by AlyxDinas View Post
Gault.
^ this.
sure hes funny... but my BH is supposed to stick to contract... how he swindled her out of that, iuno, but it stinks
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "