Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Worst/Most pointless companions in the game?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Worst/Most pointless companions in the game?

TheBentOne
04.26.2012 , 10:34 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by KorinHyvek View Post
I

The trooper doesn't actually have any pointless companions, mainly because all 5 have a clear role to play in the squad (unless you're superseding Elara or 4X via class), although I get the feeling Yuun isn't going to be as fleshed out as I would like him to be. Tanno Vik annoys me to no end, but he also has a very good reason to be there from a narrative perspective, both as a foil to me, and as the only companion who gets along with the psycho players.
I agree about Tanno, but i really, really wish that we had the option to put a bolt in his head and get Fuse instead. My trooper would not deal with Tanno on any level whatsoever, except that the game forces me to tolerate him. My trooper would have put a blaster bolt through his skull when he caught up to him on Balmora, and I donít care how good with explosives he his.
I bow to no one and give service only for cause.
- From the Journeyman Protectors oath.

FigeroMentel
04.26.2012 , 10:40 AM | #42
Every BH companion besides Torian and Mako.

I've now played through on five different classes, and each companion had his or her uses (well, except the droid) except for the three useless BH companions. Now, in fairness, they all add a great deal to the story, but that just further emphasizes the fact that the BH was designed around story and not functionality.

Of the five (IA, Inq, BH, SW and JC), the Inquisitor has the best assortment of companions. Each one has his or her use and each one has value. Granted, I use Ashara most of the time, but I swap her out often as well.

The single most usefull is probably Torian, who has become my shadow throughout the BH story.

Ranadiel_Marius
04.26.2012 , 10:45 AM | #43
I'll put my vote up for Rusk as well. He is about as interesting as a wet paper bag and I just cannot bring myself to care about him at all.
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)

Raeln
04.26.2012 , 10:48 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBentOne View Post
I agree about Tanno, but i really, really wish that we had the option to put a bolt in his head and get Fuse instead. My trooper would not deal with Tanno on any level whatsoever, except that the game forces me to tolerate him. My trooper would have put a blaster bolt through his skull when he caught up to him on Balmora, and I donít care how good with explosives he his.
Jorgan should be a sniper, like his backstory and all his dialogs reference.

Elara is a cliche character to me. I would have far preferred Jaxo - she would have been awesome.

I love M14X.

I hated Tanno until I got close to the end of his story, then he seems to mellow out and makes sense as the squad's 'shady supplier'. He should have been a Vanguard that uses blaster rifles instead of yet another lame melee tank.

Yuun is a nice concept but something is just off. His story is extremely shallow (I didn't even realize I had finished it until I was credited with him in my legacy window). I think he might have been a better companion had his backstory been a smuggler-gone-military and did gunslinger DPS rather than another_lame_staff melee dps (which makes no sense in a military squad).

Captain_Zone
04.26.2012 , 10:54 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBentOne View Post
^This. The guy is a completely useless tool, and I would as soon execute him as talk to him. He's another one I would gladly take a DS hit on a LS character to put out of everyone's misery. I think he's Garza's revenge on us for those times when we completed the mission without doing it EXACTLY her way.

Same goes for Skadge and Rusk, imo. Skadge for being an overgrown and useless creeper, and Rusk because he's in dire need of a Lightsaber Lobotomy.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Celacia
04.26.2012 , 10:56 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by grania View Post
What does she mean by "dibs on the head" anyway? Is she saying she wants to ..eat.. that guy's head? On the other hand, I can't help but laugh when she calls things like beasts and turrets "dirt bags"
I am pretty sure she keeps a collection of heads in jars. I choose not to speculate on what she does with them.

Captain_Zone
04.26.2012 , 10:58 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Raeln View Post
Elara is a cliche character to me. I would have far preferred Jaxo - she would have been awesome.
Admit it. It's because Jaxo is easier to get into bed, right?
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

imnotawitch
04.26.2012 , 11:15 AM | #48
I would have to agree with the warriors who said Broonmark. Nothing against the fluffball, just his story on why he joined the warrior and his position in the crew seems kinda weak. SI-wise, I like all my companions, though I haven't gotten Xalek. Playing a slightly derpy LS male SI gives you a pretty good dynamic with the first four, whether as foils or as accompaniments.
"Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music."- George Carlin
*Forever Shenanigans*

LeeC
04.26.2012 , 12:29 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by imnotawitch View Post
I would have to agree with the warriors who said Broonmark. Nothing against the fluffball, just his story on why he joined the warrior and his position in the crew seems kinda weak. SI-wise, I like all my companions, though I haven't gotten Xalek. Playing a slightly derpy LS male SI gives you a pretty good dynamic with the first four, whether as foils or as accompaniments.
LS meshes well with Khem Val?

my vote so far has to be Scourge. As a LS defense spec jedi guardian he more or less just takes up space on the ship. Or if I am running a low lever person through essels hes there to dazzle the newbies (which was originally unintentional, I just figured he wanted to stretch his legs)

gibmachine
04.26.2012 , 12:59 PM | #50
Broonmark.

There is literally 0 logical reason he joins the crew (I LIKE TO KILL, I KILL OTHER YETI AND NOW I COME WITH YOU) and afterwards there is 0 story to him (cutscene #1 - I LIKE TO KILL, #2 - I LIKE TO KILL, #3 I LIKE TO KILL AND I WILL TEACH YOUR KIDS HOW TO KILL) or any relevant input from him. He could as well be removed and I wouldn't notice until I was feeling like Bioanalysis missions in which he excels at (which is also the only thing he's good at).

On top of that he's a tank. You won't run around with a tank as a juggernaut and as a marauder, actual player tanks have a hard time managing their threat so the only time Broonmark would hold aggro would be when his taunt goes off cooldown.

And as a final insult, he doesn't have any armored customization like Khem Val so no matter what you put on hi, he still looks as ridiculous as every other Talz in game.
The earth begins to rumble and your foes begin to tremble. You come and destruction comes with you.

Draanok