Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Worst/Most pointless companions in the game?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Worst/Most pointless companions in the game?

Eanelinea
05.05.2012 , 07:25 PM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
You are missing out! Jorgan's awesome, seriously, put some good gear on him, and it's like having a second player running with you. Plus, that way I get to hear his voice, and that makes me happy
^ This

Jorgan is a damn good companion for a Vanguard. He does some good damage and I kill things super quick. Sure sometimes I have to heal a bit more, but then again, like my Smuggler, even if I never had to be healed, I have to use the ability to reload my guns.

Kalterien
05.05.2012 , 09:37 PM | #132
Oh Catboy er... Jorgan... <3

Heck, he's great even if you play a healer. I honestly think he's the only companion that I've run with on my FemTrooper.

Worst companion though, I'd have to say is Ashara for a female neutral SI. She makes no real sense to me. I understand that she's there to provide a foil or atleast a light sided companion for a LS sith but.. ugh...

lokdron
05.05.2012 , 11:30 PM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalterien View Post
Oh Catboy er... Jorgan... <3

Heck, he's great even if you play a healer. I honestly think he's the only companion that I've run with on my FemTrooper.

Worst companion though, I'd have to say is Ashara for a female neutral SI. She makes no real sense to me. I understand that she's there to provide a foil or atleast a light sided companion for a LS sith but.. ugh...
Ashara is even worse if you are a DS si.

Velaran
05.06.2012 , 12:06 AM | #134
As a LS Sith, I feel that Broonmark is pretty out of place on my crew. He's easily the darkest person on my ship, even counting Pierce. (Who, really, isn't that dark at all.)

Also, his spider-face creeps me right the Force out.

Naphariel
05.06.2012 , 01:52 AM | #135
For the classes i played I'd say:
JK - Rusk - hated his attitude from the first moment. Wish i could just go with Doc's plan to fire him.
JC - Qyzen - a reptilian redneck, BW? Seriously?
SW - Broonmark - could understand having a pet monster as a DS, but for me it just doesn't make much sense.
SI - Xalek - wish i could just make Ashara my official apprentice, even though she's whining about being a jedi all the time. Xalek just seems kind of... nothing against mentally challenged people, but a sith lord having one for an apprentice just doesn't make sense to me.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd | Naphariel - Assassin | Syuveil - Guardian | Keilam - Juggernaut

elliotcat
05.06.2012 , 08:20 PM | #136
Been working on my SI, but every time I log on I remember why I never play this class. Khem Val is SO ANNOYING. Every time we go anywhere it's Tulak Hord this, Tulak Hord that. I can't get Andronikos fast enough.

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"[/SIZE]

Captain_Zone
05.06.2012 , 09:05 PM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by elliotcat View Post
Been working on my SI, but every time I log on I remember why I never play this class. Khem Val is SO ANNOYING. Every time we go anywhere it's Tulak Hord this, Tulak Hord that. I can't get Andronikos fast enough.
Khem actually won me over with his extremely dry sense of humor. In fact, I used him pretty much religiously as a double tank with my Assassin until I got LT Drellik on Hoth. Now, THAT guy is a riot! He's in the running for best Healing companion just for his sense of humor.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

ekimmak
05.06.2012 , 09:24 PM | #138
Quote: Originally Posted by Crezelle View Post
iuno.... in one cutscene there was a fight outside my ship, and her and lokin come running out at the same time... naked
Similar happened to me.
I remember on my Trooper, I flew to Taris, stuck around for a while, got bored, and left without completing the class quest. Got to Nar Shadaa, cutscene engaged, and there was a random (almost) naked girl, between me and Aric. I was surprised, to say the least.

My least favourite companions, for some reason, are mostly tanks.

Khem Val: Rarely agrees with me, if ever. Was shelved the moment I got andronikos, who, despite being almost as dark sided, I actually tolerate. Talking him out of killing his rival, and getting affection for it, to boot? It helps that his voice somewhat makes me think of Wolverine.

Qyzen Fess: I see my consular as a manipulator, who says just the right things to get people on her side. Unfortunately, doing that with this guy makes me feel like my character is a teetering-on-DS arrogant Jedi. In all honesty, I'd prefer him on my Juggernaught. He feels like a brilliantly written character, who got shoved into the consular because everyone else already had a full crew.

Kaliyo: Go away. Every time you drop affection, makes me like you less and less in return. You have no skills to contribute, you're a horrible tank, and you seem too much effort to romance. I'm sticking with Vector.

M1-4X: (Kidding, my only problem with him is that I'm a tank-spec, so his only use is scavenging bonus)

Quinn: I dunno, this guy is just confusing. I can't really tell what will build and lose affection, he's obviously a spy for old whats-his-name, and tends to hang back in a fight, which means anyone who slips out of aggroing range makes a beeline for him, and then he starts worrying about his own neck instead of mine.

Gault: Gives me negative affection on things I have no choice about. Steals anything that isn't nailed down. I'm not sure why I have to take him, but on a heal specced merc, I was glad to get anyone that isn't Mako. No offense, girl, but you're a bit redundant. Still don't like Gault.

So, that's all from what I've played so far.
Best way to end Smuggler Act 1 is
Spoiler

You can't make up stuff like that.

ekimmak
05.06.2012 , 09:38 PM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by CornBreadtm View Post
Its almost as though BW forgot you needed 5 companions.
Just look at how many levels it takes before you're allowed to send out almost as many as you have, and it becomes painfully clear that they did know you needed 5 companions. It's just they didn't think you need that many until you're at the endgame. Just look:

1 companion at level 10
2 companions at level 26
3 companions at level 35
4 companions at level 40
5 companions at level 44

I'm ignoring the droid, because there is no reason to run with him when you have a healer, he's terrible to gear, and gains no affection from cutscenes, whatsoever.

And those are rough averages, although some get a second companion at 24 (Knights at 15, warriors and troopers at 20). You should get more companions at the beginning than at the end, and yet thy've written it to be the exact opposite.

/endrant
Best way to end Smuggler Act 1 is
Spoiler

You can't make up stuff like that.

Timarick
05.06.2012 , 10:15 PM | #140
Since my main (and my proxy in the SW Universe) is a Jedi Knight and the only character in my roster will all his companions, I will base my opinions on his characters more than the others because I've gotten to know them a little better than say Vette, Jaesa, Khem, Qyzen, Theran, Jorgan, Corso, or Mako. So with that said, here's my least favourite companions for the Jedi Knight:

Scourge. GOD I DISLIKE HIM FROM HIS INABILITY TO STAY ALIVE TO HIS ATTITUDE ON MY SHIP!

I've geared him to SO BAD! He's (in theory) a Tank version of my DPS Guardian and HOLY CRAP is he super tanked, stats are proper and everything for what I should be if I was a tank. Means nothing cause I can't heal him and he dies a lot quicker because his threat generation is INSANE. Plus he's a skriffin' Sith despite spending time with Revan and the Exile and believing some aspects of the Light Side have purpose, so it's pretty much "be evil, rawr."... twit. Not great when you want to be a light side Jedi or even a Gray Jedi. PLUS HE DIES SO FAST! I've found T7 to survive longer in a fight than him! AND HE WASN'T AS GEARED!

Rusk also sucks because he's supposed to be a good guy but goes in guns blazing all the time and doesn't think of the safety of others. I'm willing to put my life on the line to do what I have to, but I will not sacrifice innocent people to get the job done. Gameplay wise, he's ok, but he's not worth the attitude. Even a lot of Dark Siders I've heard dislike him, so that's not so bad.

The ship Droid is a C-3PO proxy, and I do like that aspect, but like 3PO, his dialogue does get grating after a while everytime you walk past him, plus he can't fight and he gets 0 affection. Screw him.

the rest of the companions come down to personal preference of either who you are (I tend to assume mains are the closest approximation to you the player personally, though i can understand if the fat crowd, no offense, don't make themselves fat, it is a game after all, but I digress.) or who you want that character to be. If you choose to go Dark Side as a Sith Warrior, Vette will get annoying very fast. Mako gets annoying for a Dark Side Bounty Hunter (though that class really is best played as a neutral class, like a true Mandalorian.) and a Dark Side Sith Inquisitor, the Jedi chick will get annoying fast. And vice versa. Light Side Sith will find nearly all their companions grating on the sould and Dark Side Jedi will find a lot of their companions grating on the soul (but for the record I UNIVERSALLY DESPISE Dark Side Jedi and Light Side Sith, so meh.)