Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Treasure Hunting Rewards Allways the Same with Vette Bugged?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Treasure Hunting Rewards Allways the Same with Vette Bugged?

Dafttemplar
04.25.2012 , 08:02 PM | #1
I thought I would get some varied perspective before I submit a ticket.

Basically I have a Sith Marauder with Artiifice/ Arch/ Treasure hunting. And of course because Vette is the only companion i have with any Bonus for my crew skills I send her to do my treasure hunting (+5) However from the beginning of my treasure hunting to what it is now (340 or something) She seems to always return the same rewards. She returns with only 2x Blue Gemstones now seeing as Lvl 49/50 treasure hunting costs 2k+ and about an hour this seems pointless Im sure i could buy the Gems on GTN for less. I do have recollection of her failing
quite often as well although I can't confirm if this is on the Gem Hunting missions or others.

As a point of comparison I sent lieutenant Pierce on a treasure hunt and received 3 different rewards at least 2x blue gems and multiple Purples as well. His affection is only about 800 while Vettes is about 5k.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

EllJeffe
04.25.2012 , 08:33 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Dafttemplar View Post
I thought I would get some varied perspective before I submit a ticket.

Basically I have a Sith Marauder with Artiifice/ Arch/ Treasure hunting. And of course because Vette is the only companion i have with any Bonus for my crew skills I send her to do my treasure hunting (+5) However from the beginning of my treasure hunting to what it is now (340 or something) She seems to always return the same rewards. She returns with only 2x Blue Gemstones now seeing as Lvl 49/50 treasure hunting costs 2k+ and about an hour this seems pointless Im sure i could buy the Gems on GTN for less. I do have recollection of her failing
quite often as well although I can't confirm if this is on the Gem Hunting missions or others.

As a point of comparison I sent lieutenant Pierce on a treasure hunt and received 3 different rewards at least 2x blue gems and multiple Purples as well. His affection is only about 800 while Vettes is about 5k.

Anyone else have a similar experience?
It sounds like you are sending them out on moderate missions. Next time look to see if you can send them on abundant, bountiful, and rich missions. When Pierce came back with multiple blue gems and purple ones he critted on the mission.

DarthDemens
04.26.2012 , 01:04 AM | #3
The grade 6 missions only have 2 gemstone missions.

The Moderate will give you 2 blue, with a chance to crit for 4 blue, 2 purple
The Abundant will give you 4 blue, with a chance to crit for 6 blue, 4 purple

Affection is important (I'd max it ASAP) in getting extra crits
Oh, great . you live on in our hearts!
Comprehensive Guide to Space Missions