Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

CrAzEdMiKe's 1-50 Power-Levelling Guide!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
CrAzEdMiKe's 1-50 Power-Levelling Guide!

CrAzEdMiKe
04.26.2012 , 02:14 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Ononion View Post
Another Question:

Just how significantly will having lots of money at a low level be? (people like seeing numbers - i know it is hard to get them though)

Great Guide - gonna start using it now.
At low level it's actually not a huge deal. If you have a main character already, send him something like 5000 credits to get started. Keep in mind that early on you're doing to be repeatedly doing Black Talon/Esseles runs as well as PvP. My other toons had something in the neighbourhood of 15-20k creds by the time they started Dromund Kaas. Since you'll pick up at least a few pieces of modifiable gear on those early flashpoint runs, you'll be able to use the commendations you earn to upgrade them instead of spending money. You might find some pieces on the Galactic Trade Network for sale, but they tend to be really really cheap since low level gear is well... Low level. =P

As said, I plan on adding to this guide a little bit later in terms of economy management. The primary goal is to spend as few credits as possible and to spend as many commendations as possible. By doing this, you'll have enough by the end of Balmorra/Taris to afford a speeder for Nar Shaddaa... And once you're headed to Nar Shaddaa you've entered the mid-game and earning credits becomes a LOT easier as the quest rewards get a lot higher.

Like I said though, I'm going to be adding a seperate section for a lot of these questions and I will also be covering some items such as how to avoid mobs, and making credits in general as well.

CrAzEdMiKe
04.26.2012 , 01:56 PM | #12
Just added a bunch of stuff in the new "Tips and Tricks" section that I made in post #5 (http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...99#post4144699)! Going to be adding more stuff soon.

CrAzEdMiKe
04.27.2012 , 03:26 AM | #13
"Project Krovados"
The quest to find out what the nitty gritty numbers are!

I - Introduction
Spoiler

II - Krovados Overview & Plan
Spoiler

III - Understanding the Logs
Spoiler

Log #1: Korriban and Arriving at the Fleet
Spoiler

Log #2: Grinding on the Fleet/Pre-Dromund Kaas
Spoiler

Log #3: Dromund Kaas
Spoiler

Log #4: Levels 19-21 - Pre-Balmorra
Spoiler

CrAzEdMiKe
04.27.2012 , 09:00 AM | #14
To be updated later with future logs.

CrAzEdMiKe
04.27.2012 , 09:00 AM | #15
Another space reserved for future logs.

CrAzEdMiKe
04.27.2012 , 02:46 PM | #16
Since I looked at the character consumption of these logs (in regards to character post limit), I'm going to reserve one more spot to be on the safe side.

Darth_Gao_Gao
04.27.2012 , 03:41 PM | #17
a cool thread. i already have a 50, but will take some of this advice to heart while i grind up my alt.

one thing i'm concerned about is supposedly, the XP rewards for PVP have been reduced. i haven't pvp'd in the sub50 bracket in a long long time, and am wondering if anyone can comment on this.

CrAzEdMiKe
04.27.2012 , 03:44 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Gao_Gao View Post
a cool thread. i already have a 50, but will take some of this advice to heart while i grind up my alt.

one thing i'm concerned about is supposedly, the XP rewards for PVP have been reduced. i haven't pvp'd in the sub50 bracket in a long long time, and am wondering if anyone can comment on this.
This is something I'm curious about as well, and I will be trying to document my PvP matches (for Project Krovados) to try and get some accurate numbers. If anyone has any information on this I would love to hear it!
Check out my 1-50 Power-Levelling Guide! as listed on the Non-Stickied New Players Help Notable Threads!

Server: Darth Bandon / Guild: Dark Order / Main Character: Excrucious (50 Sorcerer)

CrAzEdMiKe
04.27.2012 , 09:35 PM | #19
Updated Project Krovados! Log #2 is now complete (minus the pictures, need to upload them). I will be starting Dromund Kaas shortly.
Check out my 1-50 Power-Levelling Guide! as listed on the Non-Stickied New Players Help Notable Threads!

Server: Darth Bandon / Guild: Dark Order / Main Character: Excrucious (50 Sorcerer)

CrAzEdMiKe
04.29.2012 , 03:37 PM | #20
Log #3 for Project Krovados now posted! Need to make a few levels and then Balmorra will be started shortly!