Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

CrAzEdMiKe's 1-50 Power-Levelling Guide!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
CrAzEdMiKe's 1-50 Power-Levelling Guide!

CrAzEdMiKe
04.25.2012 , 07:30 PM | #1
The 1-50 Power-Levelling Guide
By: CrAzEdMiKe

Table of Contents:
I - Introduction
II - Planning your Character
III - Character Companions
IV - Exterior Support
V - Getting Started (Levels 1-21)
VI - Mid to Late Game (Levels 21-50)
VII - Damage Control and Course Correction
VIII - Equipping your Character
IX - Crew Skills
X - Conclusion
XI - Additional Material/Resources

I - Introduction
Spoiler

II - Planning your Character
Spoiler

III - Character Companions
Spoiler

IV - Exterior Support
Spoiler

V - Getting Started (Levels 1-21)
Spoiler

VI - Mid to Late Game (Levels 21-50)
Spoiler

VII - Damage Control and Course Correction
Spoiler

VIII - Equipping your Character
Spoiler

IX - Crew Skills
Spoiler

X - Conclusion
Spoiler

XI - Additional Material/Resources
Spoiler

Trineda
04.25.2012 , 07:40 PM | #2
Hello CrAzEdMiKe,

Thanks for contributing to the community by posting your guide on leveling. We really appreciate the work you’ve put into it; we enjoy seeing positive and constructive contributions to our community. Great Job!

Ononion
04.25.2012 , 07:42 PM | #3
Nice! Since when were there spoiler tags?!

EDIT: Finished reading the whole guide - great stuff here - gonna keep it bookmarked.
Be Happy

Darthshnooky
04.25.2012 , 07:44 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Ononion View Post
Nice! Since when were there spoiler tags?!
Since December... longer on beta forums i believe.

CrAzEdMiKe
04.25.2012 , 09:19 PM | #5
F.A.Q. / Tip & Tricks / Benchmarks

I've always believed in that if you're going to do something, do it right. This is an addition to the guide to try and help flush out any other questions that are either asked or I think up, as well as provide some more detailed information on some select topics. So if you have a question, please post it! I'm happy to try and answer any and all questions you have.

F.A.Q.
Spoiler

Tips and Tricks!
Spoiler

Benchmarks!
Spoiler

Cynomen
04.25.2012 , 10:08 PM | #6
Awesome guide. Thanks for taking the time to write this up. Makes complete sense and it will be something I use with my alts.
To the world you might be just one person, but to one person you might be the world. \m/
Names: Cyyn, Ouija Guild: Obscurum Cado Server: Tarro Blood
Names: Cyyn, Ouijja Guild: AST Server: Port Nowhere

Ononion
04.25.2012 , 10:21 PM | #7
EDIT: I have spent approximately 6 hours grinding on the fleet to lv. 15 using your guide, just letting you know for technical purposes.

Yvin
04.25.2012 , 10:22 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Trineda View Post
Hello CrAzEdMiKe,

Thanks for contributing to the community by posting your guide on leveling. We really appreciate the work you’ve put into it; we enjoy seeing positive and constructive contributions to our community. Great Job!
To add on to what Trineda already said, we've also added this guide to the New Players Fleet Pass: A Directory of Resources! It is listed in the Non-Stickied New Players Help Notable Threads post, under the Leveling section.

Thanks for making a valuable resource for the community!

CrAzEdMiKe
04.25.2012 , 10:28 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Ononion View Post
I have a question:

How many hours would it take for one to get to level 50 using your method?
I'm going to be starting a new character extremely soon, and I will actually make sure to try and record how long it takes me from levels 1-50 and not do silly stuff on that character in-between. Since I spend a lot of time hounding the Galactic Trade Market and helping guild members, it's hard for me to say.

However, I do have a level 21 that I haven't touched in a while that has 21 hours of logged play on it. I wouldn't use this as a benchmark since I made this character to help a very new and fresh guildmember start a new character, and he was quite slow and inefficient during the course of our travels (We were very loosely using principles that I stated in this guide, such as trying to stay 6 levels before starting a world). I also started that character before patch 1.2 hit, so I didn't have Sprint for the initial questing which would now cut a huge amount of time for questing.

Also keep in mind that the early game is where you're going to be sinking a lot of time into, as the goal is to spend some time now to save a lot of time later. So taking numbers from a relatively low level character that wasn't even done properly may not be the best example, but that is something to keep in mind.

It's definitely an excellent question, and I'll make sure to devote my next character strictly to this guide to get some accurate numbers. This question will also be quoted later when I compose an F.A.Q. and Tips and Tricks section.

Thanks a lot!

EDIT:
Quote: Originally Posted by Yvin View Post
To add on to what Trineda already said, we've also added this guide to the New Players Fleet Pass: A Directory of Resources! It is listed in the Non-Stickied New Players Help Notable Threads post, under the Leveling section.

Thanks for making a valuable resource for the community!
Wow... Thank you! *Blush*

Ononion
04.26.2012 , 01:43 AM | #10
Another Question:

Just how significantly will having lots of money at a low level be? (people like seeing numbers - i know it is hard to get them though)

Great Guide - gonna start using it now.
Be Happy