Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Artifice out of work

Azarell
04.25.2012 , 01:31 PM | #1
Is it just me or is bioware completely f'n over the artifice people by practically giving away color crystals. Everybody I know has half a dozen green/black crystals. No reason to buy them. If they do sell it's for way less than it should be.

Soulfighter
04.25.2012 , 06:41 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Azarell View Post
Is it just me or is bioware completely f'n over the artifice people by practically giving away color crystals. Everybody I know has half a dozen green/black crystals. No reason to buy them. If they do sell it's for way less than it should be.
we can't craft them anyway. Artificer sucks.

AshlaBoga
04.26.2012 , 04:32 PM | #3
I disagree, I make a decent amount of money off of +41 Magenta, Advanced 25 Hilts and off hands like Rakata Supercommando's Shield Generator.

Being able to RE lightsabers means all my sabers are augmented and I can safely say that plenty of casual players would rather shell out 300k for a crystal than farm level 50 world bosses.

deadatspawn
04.26.2012 , 05:02 PM | #4
i believe they have hurt us with the color crystals, for right now. I'm assuming it will get better for us when new people start hitting 50's. Right now selling crystals are a joke. 50k for +41 crystals. I was selling +33 magenta crystals for 300k before 1.2.

I think you money making is going to come from augmented light sabers right now. Although i was selling them for 1 million credits before 1.2. I think you can sell them around 200 to 250k now since you don't need 3 biometric crystals to make them.

I don't know how well the +41 magenta's are selling for. I know the schems are going for 1mill but i don't know if anyone is actually buying them. I did just start selling the Pristine crystals that are needed to make them but anyone can sell those.

It will get better with the crystals later on. Heck i'm even storing my Green and black crystals for about a month from now.

Darth_Gao_Gao
04.26.2012 , 05:10 PM | #5
this is just because of the recent event. tell me, OP: is the production of crystals the only thing your crew skill can do?

lol.

DeutschGamer
04.26.2012 , 05:20 PM | #6
On my particular server, low level crystals are non-existent on GTN and I make a killing with high prices on Blue-Purple recipes.

The actual fact that artificiers are on the decline means the rest of us can make creds.
Its all the force's fault.

Corso is my sidekick..or more specifically that little monkey you dress up in a tux and sit in a corner to look interesting but in reality doesn't really do anything.

Newcs
04.26.2012 , 05:47 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
I disagree, I make a decent amount of money off of +41 Magenta, Advanced 25 Hilts and off hands like Rakata Supercommando's Shield Generator.

Being able to RE lightsabers means all my sabers are augmented and I can safely say that plenty of casual players would rather shell out 300k for a crystal than farm level 50 world bosses.
how do you get the hilt & shield generator? Inquiring minds would like to know.

SaberBladeUK
04.26.2012 , 05:53 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Newcs View Post
how do you get the hilt & shield generator? Inquiring minds would like to know.
My guess would be Operations. I've gotten an Advanced 24 enhancement on nightmare KP, plus an advanced 24 mod (aim, gave to my cybertech character) from normal KP as random drops. I'd suspect the others are random too because the loot schematics from chests tend to be the same crap for synthweavers and biochem.

Mithros
04.26.2012 , 07:14 PM | #9
On the server that I am playing right now, the lower levels are really underserved.

The reason that you might not be making as much money is because you are throwing your level 50 crystals in with the million other level 50 crystals, completely ignoring all of the level 20-45s that would like to give you some money if you would make something that they could use.
Free stuff (for you and me)! My referral link.

Beta Squadron 157. The pixel lives on in our hearts.

Newcs
04.26.2012 , 07:22 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by SaberBladeUK View Post
My guess would be Operations. I've gotten an Advanced 24 enhancement on nightmare KP, plus an advanced 24 mod (aim, gave to my cybertech character) from normal KP as random drops. I'd suspect the others are random too because the loot schematics from chests tend to be the same crap for synthweavers and biochem.
yeah thats what i suspect; just hoping there was a different way that non raiders could get the schematics.