Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Feedback request from James Ohlen - In-game events

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Feedback request from James Ohlen - In-game events

djlowballer
04.27.2012 , 02:41 AM | #301
On the latest event:

Enjoyed
  • atmosohere that made this feel like global event
  • World boss fights
  • very cool quest chains
  • limited run titles and items
  • Plague effects were hilarious
In the future I would like to see many more events such as the Rakghoul Plagues but taken to a more extreme level. It would be very cool if there were events where server failure led to the world being permanently changed.
The Swiftsure
Relu Kintunisi Mercenary
Gre'letha Kintunisi Guardian

DalrisThane
04.27.2012 , 02:50 AM | #302
Deleted. No point. Everyone is TLDR these days. +See Sig.
I still miss 1990s FMV. I miss Wing Commander 3-4. I actually don't want a game. Id prefer CYOA interactive movies any day. Until then, video games are the closest I can get...

TziganeNZ
04.27.2012 , 03:03 AM | #303
I thought it was great, having something unexpected come up in the game. Although I chose not to participate directly, I had fun watching out for the infected and trying to avoid them (as you would in a plague outbreak!).

However, being able to be involuntarily flagged for PvP on a PvE server was/is plain wrong. And putting a boss in an open-world PvP area is also no good for PvEers (non-PvPers). Forcing people into a playstyle they don't want is not right. If this was a way for the devs to try to promote PvP to those who don't care for it, it was a very misguided attempt.

Hendar
04.27.2012 , 03:08 AM | #304
I didn't really get to try it out, since I have been so busy RL but I would have liked to, I think it's a nice touch. It seemed like fun and the rewards are an added bonus. Doing these now and then would be great, I'd like to see some sort of holiday event with some casual mini-games. It would be a nice touch, could do something that involves the Hutts so both sides can participate.
The Progenitor - Hendar
-------------------------------------
Origin: Brageyboy | Steam: Hendar

Korikana
04.27.2012 , 03:20 AM | #305
I didn't get to try the event out as i was forced to re-roll from a dead server (28 people on the Imperial Fleet at 21:00 (I have 2x50's and a level 44 with a legacy level of 26))

I would like to see events after server issues have been sorted, merges/transfers would be superb and would actually motivate me to continue playing.

Events are good but try to limit the impact that they have on the fleet just in-case people don't want to participate.

otherwise GJ and keep it up, just PLEASE sort server transfers as a priority

Ivy_Blackrose
04.27.2012 , 03:24 AM | #306
the event was overall well done and well played. the only thing was some of the aspects of it werent very well advertised like the quest tracking the origin, I found it out of pure luck, also didnt find out about the dailies in time to get a full set of armor.

what i did NOT like was the economical exploitation caused by the buying and selling of rhazghoul DNA a group of about 20 individuals did nothing but sit on fleet all day blowing themselves up over and over to get dna and then selling it for exploited prices I think there could have been a better way to do that

tanksdomain
04.27.2012 , 03:25 AM | #307
James, I must say that I loved the little event. With that being said now, I must agree with some of my fellow game players here. What I did not like about this event is the short life it had, and the lack of notice we had of it. I like the grandfathering of the different daily's coming into it, it was a good idea, though at the end, when I was finally able to sit down and really play, a few of them were not available for me to do (IE: I realized that there was a gear set collection to collect, but I could not get the chest piece cause I could not do hybrid dna daily).

Plus, I must make a small complaint with customer service on this event. I spent over 2 hours trying to figure out how to aquire the "[daily] hybrid dna" quest to get the chest piece of the containment officer gear set, consulting with online game guides, swtor forums, and fellow ingame players, coming up with nothing. I finally as for ingame help from customer service and the only thing that they could say is "we can't give out help". Though I do realize my request more than likely did look like a request for some sort of hint, my primary concern was that there was some bug in the quest giving code. Other than that, the event was awesome. Love the green-black saber crystal that my jedi is rocking right now!
∑ịị▔▔▔▔ị[o||||||()||Ξ[\████████████████████████████████ )

Nyjin
04.27.2012 , 03:32 AM | #308
Something more light-hearted, to balance the mood. This game doesn't have enough humor, at times.

-A Galaxy-wide hunt for wild-creatures?
-A huge gaming (Pazaak, Sabaac, etc.) event on Nar Shaddaa/City-worlds?

And, on the more serious note, maybe create new zones that allow access to the opposite factions' core planets? (New zones that wouldn't interfere with the ones already present, so no griefing).

There IS a war going on, you know. In-game events that emphasize this would be great, since we don't have true world PVP at the moment.
Sethlorn Aduial
Conqueror Sentinel
<Ascension> of Vrook Lamar
"Overpowered?! I'll show you overpowered!"

Harlin
04.27.2012 , 03:49 AM | #309
It was great. Never saw it coming. I respectfully request that future events last longer. A month would be fine.
"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength,so I will know best how to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear,so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most,so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave,so that I might deny you."- Darth Plagueis

Drudenfusz
04.27.2012 , 07:00 AM | #310
I enjoyed the event, first time I saw open world PvP in SWTOR that was actually fun (not like that Ilum crap). I liked it that BioWare was not holding our hands and told us exactly what the steps were we had to do, and I liked the progressive nature of the daily quests. But maybe the event should have lasted longer, so that people who miss one day in the middle of it get not screwed. I liked it that sometimes people fought around the vendor and sometimes people kept peace, but I see that this might be a problem on PvP servers where the faction imbalance is quite large (but on the other hand people who roll on a PvP server should know that such things can happen).

I hope that there will be another Rakghoul plague outbreak (especially since the news cast during the event said that it was spread though multiple star systems). And I would have liked it if some consequence would have happened to the faction who had infected the most of their own people, maybe just raising the prices for certain things for a while, or some vendors disappear until the next event comes along, something not to big, but still something that people might notice.

For future events I hope that all the rewards will be bound to legacy and that there are no random boxes for anything, so that people can directly get what they are looking for. I think the special event vendor could stay a few days longer than the event itself, so that people who missed the announcement when it will end still can use their event currency.

Events I would like to see
- A natural disaster on a world and then both factions send help there (or try to exploit the situation).
- Some kind of treasure hunt.
- A big game hunt.
- A diplomatic event, where it is not about killing, but about intrigue and such things.
- A event that allows my to visit the world of the other faction which are normally not accessable.
- A purely PvP oriented event.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Lana Everhope - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Shadow Tank on The Red Eclipse
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version