Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Feedback request from James Ohlen - In-game events

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Feedback request from James Ohlen - In-game events

vaugerant
04.26.2012 , 12:58 PM | #241
I was unable to participate as I was racing toward 50 / legacy 6 to get the free month.

Because I was interested in pursing other activities and because I was on a PVE server - it was a setback that I could not find a stim to fix the issue on the fleet. There may have been one but I could not find it - I blew up on my ship AFK to get it over with. PVE should have a participation switch for these types of events.

I know folks will call me trolling and this will unlikely get noticed by the folks that should see it, but I am posting anyway.

Pedra
04.26.2012 , 01:04 PM | #242
Overall a very fun and enjoyable event. My only complaint has to do with the pre-reqs to complete the full set for containment gear. Unfortunately, I didn't get to play often enough to complete it.

Oh, I guess I have two complaints. It was very easy to get bugged and not transition from dizzy to feverish. Two of my 3 chars got stuck at dizzy after the second day. In other words, I couldn't blow up.

Skotal
04.26.2012 , 01:05 PM | #243
I enjoyed the announcements on the fleet, the news reporters, the changes to tat reflecting the infection and the side dialog of the random npcs, and the general storyline. I did not like the daily quest aspect of the event. The event items should not be limited to how long you grind dna but for completing mile stones in the event and be bound by legacy.

I think more of a storyline with more dialog choices. A few npcs a few conversation options. Maybe a quest or 2 that directly lead into the rakghoul flashpoints.
"Bad bad men. Women too, to be fair. Oh, yes. They make a fine sandwich, also, heh, heh, heh. But don't tell the Jedi Council I said that." -Jolee Bindo on the Sith

I joined the Sith for the sandwiches

gibmachine
04.26.2012 , 01:08 PM | #244
Less RNG as far as rewards go. You could get the crystal you wanted but trying your luck with the boxes wasn't fun at all (while at it, let me exchange the duplicate customizations for the ones I'm missing).

That's it. other than that, the event was fun and I enjoyed it.
The earth begins to rumble and your foes begin to tremble. You come and destruction comes with you.

Draanok

Ashima
04.26.2012 , 01:12 PM | #245
I liked the event overall.
I was unclear where in Tat the vendor was located . The map just said vendor. DNA Vendor would have been helpfull. Like many players, I dont frequent the forums. On the night before it ended, I thought that the plague part was ending. I will wrong because after the patch both of my toons died and I got 5 DNA samples each time. I assument the vendor would be up at least 24 hours for turn ins. If you can get samples until the game comes down and later then when can you turn them in . PLEASE consider putting up a vendor for a week.

Diviciacus
04.26.2012 , 01:14 PM | #246
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
[color=#f9d648]"The Rakghoul Plague was a very popular event. You’re going to see more surprises like it in the future.

I want to hear your thoughts on why you thought the Rakghoul plague was fun. Also, what kind of stuff would you like to see in the future?"
I loved it. Was tons of fun, both with the world pvp it incurred and the questing and mystery and whatnot (And the delicious tears of the fools whose "experience is negatively affected").

Two concerns about the Rakghoul event, though:

-lowbie toons couldn't feasibly afford vaccines (esp since the vaccinated buff didn't persist through death).
-the event was clearly tailored to level 50's. With the need to be at least lvl 28-30, it leaves a number of the playerbase unable to participate.

Otherwise, lots of fun and I'm definitely looking forward to the next event. Just please... put the rakghoul pen down. Sick of wozzing my way through hordes of zombies >.<
Nonne mei fratres congruitis nobis nostram cruore ferroque humum recipienda esse aut Imperium Aeternum quae omnia speremus peregerimusque vere perdat?
Conquering the Darkest Places, the ongoing misadventures of a Sith doing what's right by her.

Rezag
04.26.2012 , 01:20 PM | #247
Quote: Originally Posted by LizardSF View Post
Y'know, when I was eight, I went out trick or treating, and one house was giving out Hostess fruit pies. A lot better than the crap most people were handing out. But by the time I'd heard about this from one of my friends, it was too late, and they were out.

This was very upsetting to me. BECAUSE I WAS EIGHT.

cut

Thus, BY DEFINITION, the event as held could ONLY give you things -- give you a new item, give you a new codex entry, whatever. If you could only do part of the event, you got a few things. If you did more of the event, you got more things. Thus:
Doing none of the event did not harm you.
Doing ANY part of the event gave you SOMETHING, and something is better than nothing -- and you were not "entitled" to anything.

So, to everyone complaining they couldn't do EVERYTHING, and that's UNFAIR -- shut up, and grow up. Ideally, in that order.
You obviously have comprehension problem let me but it on other way

1. You buy sequel to book 1st day you get full great story book great!
2. Another customer comes one day after you and buys same sequel to book but doesnt get last chapter of sequel to book so he dont get the full story.
3 Again another customer comes and buys same sequel to book but now he doesnt get 2 last chapter and misses even more story of the sequel to book.
4. and so on

Only later they find out that hey this was announced in microscopic text on foreing langue on flyer that only the first customer was able to pick up. Because of that rest customers only got part of sequel story. Now book seller makes another flyer saying I will continue selling sequels to books with this amazing system so keep looking for my hidden adverticements as thats only way you can buy whole sequels.

This game is realy heavily story oriented and when its made clear you can only enjoy full story and other parts of game with luck of noticing hidden stuff it is very valid reason to be unhappy. Why would those customers who only bough part of sequel to book be happy if they paid same price but only got part of it simply because of marketing mechanic was uter fiasko.

DJMayhem
04.26.2012 , 01:26 PM | #248
Loved the event. Loved the speculation and the whispers about how and when exactly it would start. Loved the plague experience. The spreading of the virus, the random check points at all spaceports, the chance at some world PVP on PVP servers. If there was any issue I would take with it, was that you should get credit for PVP kills in the open world (in this case Tatooine) like you did/do on Ilum.

Overall, I'd say you guys hit a home run with this. More things like this would really help with the feeling that endgame might be lacking. People really do love an incentive laden "grind".

And to the people who complain about not enough forewarning or not having enough time to do anything. Seriously, if you logged in AT ALL during the last 8 DAYS, you couldn't help but know what was going on. A few hours, a few nights and you could easily get at least 1 color crystal, for your spec, and the pet. It's not a design problem, its a YOU problem. If you were on vacation or busy that week, you weren't going to change your plans for an in-game event. Stop trying to find issues where there weren't any.

Keep up the good work BioWare.
"Your tongues can't repel flavor of this magnitude!"

caronome
04.26.2012 , 01:34 PM | #249
I hated what the WoW Zombie event did to my bank alts so I will never be thrilled with anything along the same lines. So my immediate and visceral reaction was to loathe it. But it wasn't too bad. I still see little benefit to my level 10 alts dieing in front of the GTN.

The way the mobs scaled to your level was quite clever!

I am not a big fan of Bind-On-Annoying like the DNA. It's not BoP or B2L so if I can mail it and sell it and trade it, why can't I put it on the GTN?

Like many commenters, the RNG on the custom outfits seemed a bit too random. Perhaps a bit like Cata JC tokens - you could buy a random outfit for X or a specific outfit for 400% of X?

For me, alts have the potential to remove the fun from these events. Thinking I really should do 12 scavenging tasks on five toons has the potential to make me do it on zero. I.e., more B2L rewards are nice.

If you announce an event is over 2 AM Tuesday, my alts should not be dieing on Tues and Wed.

While I guess the one time nature of this is cool, unless you have an unlimited budget then I think going forward that annual live events are the most efficient in terms of making them special and time-sensitive with some reusability.

Putting a boss in the outlaws den on PvE servers is quite annoying. Having no PvE servers in your game (e.g. EVE) is perfectly valid (for publishers that want a niche game). But what is the point of forcing non-consentual PvP on people who deliberately chose to avoid it? It sure seems like the designers are out-of-touch with people who, unlike them, would roll on a PvE server; or they are deliberately trying to be annoying.

I was disappointed the containment gear was unusable for me because it required Social I. What is not fixable was that it was light armor.

Edgedy
04.26.2012 , 01:51 PM | #250
It was a surprise.

It fit into the lore of the game.

We received pets, armor, and crystals which were all a nice perk.

It even influenced the in game economy, people selling DNA, etc.

The storyline and lore was cool.

The new world bosses were great and even brought out a good dose of fresh PvP to the server.

New titles. And exploration. Woo.

Pretty much you hit on all the elements of something people like, a mystery. exploration, rewards, and strong challenges for both PvE and PvP.