Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Feedback request from James Ohlen - In-game events

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Feedback request from James Ohlen - In-game events

Asileth
04.26.2012 , 11:37 AM | #231
It was okay; love the pet(s). But, it seemed a bit underwhelming. Maybe that was because I did the find the ship parts once. It was too time consuming for me to go back; perhaps have it less strewn around. Thing is I spend all my time doing my dailies just to make enough credits to pay for all the reusables I need for raiding.

I would truly like to see more of these; but would be nice if the plague turned off effects for operations, fp's and warzones. Think it would have been a lot less annoying for some folks.

Like Ambia, I was there for Amarthial and that was the most incredible special event ever. Four years later, folks are still talking about it.
Shaedoe, Bounty Hunter
E'lisel, Smuggler

ZenMorph
04.26.2012 , 11:53 AM | #232
Quote: Originally Posted by Miyaka View Post
What I enjoyed:

1. Star Wars Holidays. Not our RL holidays. That isn't very appealing, and it's over done. But I'd like to celebrate some in game holidays that would be important to the universe....or even specific planets.
I definitely like this idea. +1

ModernZombie
04.26.2012 , 11:53 AM | #233
Overall I really liked it. Great for spontaneous world PVP, quests were not so dull that they got annoying, awards were pretty nice. Id like to see a wider range or rewards and quests in the next even to keep it more interesting. Excited to see how these events grow over time and/or perhaps become yearly occurrences. Well done.

imnotawitch
04.26.2012 , 11:57 AM | #234
It was mostly fun, and I liked that the vaccines were available for those who didn't want to participate. My only suggestion would be to make items like the vaccine available at a price that scales to the level of the highest character on your legacy/server. That way lowbies can afford to opt out without having to dump most of their credits on vaccines that need to be replaced every time they die questing.
"Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music."- George Carlin
*Forever Shenanigans*

Polebreaker
04.26.2012 , 11:58 AM | #235
Quote: Originally Posted by Miyaka View Post
Suggestions Going Forward:

1. Star Wars Holidays. Not our RL holidays. That isn't very appealing, and it's over done. But I'd like to celebrate some in game holidays that would be important to the universe....or even specific planets.
Yeah, we totally need a Life Day event!!!1!11

Evangolis
04.26.2012 , 11:59 AM | #236
This was an awesome event. I could not be more pleased. It is my greatest hope that this trend continues and expands. There is so much that can be done with events in such a huge universe. I will be looking forward to these in the future...please keep up the good works and thank you.
Recruiting all classes.

JediJoeK
04.26.2012 , 12:22 PM | #237
Absolutely (tm) loved it, but I wish I had more time to participate.. I liked the idea of having set pieces with mod slots as rewards for doing the dailies, but just didn't have enough time to get them all. Make the next one last longer!

How about daily world pvp events? Set aside an area on a planet that is gated off from both factions during down times, but every 2-3 hours open the gates and let them go at it for 20-30 minutes, and giving rewards for participation/kills/healing etc.

I also like the idea of an in-game, storied event where a settlement/city gets invaded by npc's every so often and happens in stages, also changing the landscape (ie House Organa is bombarded from orbit).
PHOBOS
-THE DUNE SEA CARTEL-
| FACEBOOK | TWITTER | GUILD WEBSITE - APPLY HERE! |

Spectus
04.26.2012 , 12:28 PM | #238
Here's an idea for a world event that could be the sequel to the Rakghoul Plague world event:

Two new temporary factions: the Galactic Health & Safety Commission, and The Infected!

These factions would be PvP-enabled against one another. Players on both the Imperial and Republic sides could join them -- the Commission, by registering with a recruitment NPC, and The Infected -- well, by simply becoming infected and allowing the plague to progress to its conclusion, causing the player to become a rakghoul!

Both factions would have a big goal -- The Infected, to locate, establish, and defend a secure location called The Redoubt; the Health & Safety Commission, to locate and clear it.

Side quests would be for The Infected to spread the plague to creatures and NPCs and as many players as possible, while the Commission's missions would be prevention and eradication.

Players who wished not to participate could request an immunization from the Commission. In this case, The Infected would be unable to infect them.

Imperial and Republic factions would still have the same PvP status against one another as their servers. On PvP-active servers, this would raise all sorts of strategic questions, a la the temporary alliances that form on survival-TV shows: Do we call a truce? If so, how long until we're back at one another's throats? Meanwhile, the two new factions would allow players to test their PvP skills against their friends within their Republic or Imperial factions -- friends who now, because of the plague, are enemies for a week. And maybe a vaccine can be introduced that can be used on defeated Infected, which could be used instead of a normal rez: when the player uses a "Vaccinate" ability on a defeated member of the Infected, the target's body is engulfed in a ball of light, and the character's rakghoul for is replaced by his original, uninfected self. He's been saved! Or, perhaps not...? (I can hear it now: will it be, "I'M SAVED!!" Or will it be, "I'm not wasting vaccine on that Imperial/Republic scum!") Or, if the defeated Infected player chooses to self-rez, he returns in his rakghoul form.
=================================
CANCELLED

Spectus
04.26.2012 , 12:36 PM | #239
Quote: Originally Posted by DoctorComics View Post
...Since my main uses Quinn in battle almost all the time, and I really dislike the fact that he betrayed me, I decided to give him the Rakghoul virus as punishment. I feel much better about him now....
ROFL! Funniest quote of the day award for you.
CANCELLED

Alexi_son
04.26.2012 , 12:49 PM | #240
Having an event last only 9 days and requiring players to log in and play every day for the last 6 of those days to get the armor set is a very poor mechanic. It leads to the impression that EA is catering to folks who can log in and play daily. If that is the true circumstance behind the daily chain, then so be it, but doing the quest chain that way left a very negative impression on me and causes me to doubt whether the dev team wants me as a customer short of my subscription fee.

Aside from the daily social armor chain mechanic, the rest of the event was fine.