Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is it possible to pry Corso off of your face?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Is it possible to pry Corso off of your face?

Crezelle
04.26.2012 , 03:22 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Toogeloo View Post
Have you seen "Sparkles" too? I mean really... all it is is a sex toy with a scope on it... look at it. Really... look at it.

Corso has it bad for Femsmug.
iuno...i aint taking my chances using it, only to find out it actually was a blaster when i pulled the trigger....
OW
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

DarkDiva
04.26.2012 , 05:33 PM | #32
Corso rubbed me the wrong way right off the bat with his "I Dun keel wimmin-folk" comment so I never picked a flirt option with him. However I still through pretty much all the conversations with him got the impression that he was my personal online stalker. Every time my smuggler flirted with someone I got negative affection. It actually irritated me to no end. I hadn't romanced him at all and he still thought he could tell my character who she could take to the bedroom. Apparently there are no anti-stalker laws in GFFA and you can't EVER get him off your ship. Thankfully Risha came along and I managed with her until I got Gus.

If I could put a blaster on the droid Corso wouldn't have even known there was a galaxy outside my ship.
"Well, look at this! Appears we got here just in the nick of time. Whaddya suppose that makes us?"
"Big damn heroes, sir."

elliotcat
04.26.2012 , 05:51 PM | #33
I liked him and I think he works really well if you play your smuggler a certain way (young, somewhat immature, idealistic). Apparently he is only supposed to be 19.

But I totally agree that the fiancee thing was just...bizarre. I suspect it was thrown in to open things up for a quest in an expansion where you meet her, and probably tell her "f you got mine". Would have been REALLY nice if they expanded on that some before, you know...he asks you out. The way it is now is just weird.

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"[/SIZE]

Crezelle
04.26.2012 , 07:12 PM | #34
the running thing..he was probably very young, mid teens even.. he mentions being a kid when he ran and joined the army... this could be why he feels so protective with women; regret?
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

Aleyth
04.27.2012 , 09:39 AM | #35
Maybe I'm one of the few who Corso hasn't gotten to crazy with. But early on I kept the flirts to a minimal. I shot him down at the first "captain have you ever thought of giving up the adventure to settle down?" around 30 I started flirting a little. But I saw the crazy jealous tendency when I first got to the cantina on Corruscant. So i knew that if I didn't play it carefully I would loose too much affection with him. and the greater the affection they have for you the better they do with your crew skills.

It's all in how much and how often you flirt that determines how crazy he will end up getting

Birna
04.28.2012 , 03:39 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by DeutschGamer View Post
No, I was more along the lines of how sadistic some women can be regardless of a fictional character or not. Flirting just to tease, leading a person on, then getting angry at the person for making advances.

Corso most definitely isn't the perfect character, but most of the males in the game aren't when you play the way you do.
Yes, how DARE someone flirt with someone and then change their mind later when the person they were flirting with turns out to be creepy, sexist, possessive and doesn't know the meaning of the word no. Corso is gross. Corso should be able to be dumped.

This bugs me about all the romances, really. There's no way to get out of them once the switch is flipped, it seems like. We should be able to back out of them whenever we want to, because man, who wants to be FORCED to conclude a romance they're not enjoying?

bright_ephemera
04.28.2012 , 06:57 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Birna View Post
We should be able to back out of them whenever we want to, because man, who wants to be FORCED to conclude a romance they're not enjoying?
My compulsive "look at the other side of the issue" says we're not forced. We can always just ignore all associated content. As it is I'm leaving Corso on the ship, skipping out on the crafting and legacy bonuses from raising his approval above 6k, and just shutting my eyes or sending him on pointless gathering missions when I have to go to my own bridge (his usual haunt) to travel somewhere. I don't have to deal with him...but as time goes on there are increasingly many buffs I'm missing out on because dealing with him makes me nauseous.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Toogeloo
04.28.2012 , 11:02 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
My compulsive "look at the other side of the issue" says we're not forced. We can always just ignore all associated content. As it is I'm leaving Corso on the ship, skipping out on the crafting and legacy bonuses from raising his approval above 6k, and just shutting my eyes or sending him on pointless gathering missions when I have to go to my own bridge (his usual haunt) to travel somewhere. I don't have to deal with him...but as time goes on there are increasingly many buffs I'm missing out on because dealing with him makes me nauseous.
This happened to me on my Warrior. I really didn't like Quinn all that much, but i flirted with him a little bit. Then the romance started, and I rolled with it for a little bit, mostly taking the more commanding approach and using him like a stress relief. After a particular event in the story, I told him I was breaking it off with him... Then what happens next? He asks me to marry him ... I told him no.

bright_ephemera
04.28.2012 , 11:17 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Toogeloo View Post
After a particular event in the story, I told him I was breaking it off with him... Then what happens next? He asks me to marry him ... I told him no.
This is starting to sound like an extremely bad bug. I had finished all of Quinn's conversations by that point, so when I said "It's over" I assumed the game state would correctly save that. It didn't for you?

If romances are consistently failing to record "Quit it already," I may have to start a "NO MEANS NO" petition campaign to have that fixed.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

halcyon_havoc
04.29.2012 , 09:06 AM | #40
I liked Corso, up until he spouted the ignorant crap about "that blue-headed fella" and how he talked stupid and should essentially learn the language. My smuggler is Chiss...she's not having any of that anymore. I have already flirted twice, so this is disheartening to read as it looks like I won't be able to stop the romance now that it's begun.