Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Space] Allow Strafe Left/Right Keys To Navigate Ship As Well As Turn Left/Right Keys

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
[Space] Allow Strafe Left/Right Keys To Navigate Ship As Well As Turn Left/Right Keys

Glzmo
05.18.2012 , 02:08 AM | #11
It think the best solution would be to make the space keymap completely separate from the ground keymap. I would love to rebind some keybinds for the space mini-game, as I just can't enjoy playing it with my regular ground keybinds. Being able to map the space part to a joystick/gamepad would be great, too.

llesna
05.19.2012 , 05:35 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Glzmo View Post
It think the best solution would be to make the space keymap completely separate from the ground keymap. I would love to rebind some keybinds for the space mini-game, as I just can't enjoy playing it with my regular ground keybinds. Being able to map the space part to a joystick/gamepad would be great, too.
Some good ideas there! Thank you for the post!

Pestulan
06.05.2012 , 12:15 PM | #14
Good luck. When I asked for this around release, I was simply berated for needing to l2p and trying to make space missions even easier than they are, as well as numerous people jumping in to say just using the mouse is enough.

Allowing strafe to move the ship has nothing to do with making the missions easier. Rather, they just fix a playability issue.

llesna
06.05.2012 , 12:53 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Pestulan View Post
Good luck. When I asked for this around release, I was simply berated for needing to l2p and trying to make space missions even easier than they are, as well as numerous people jumping in to say just using the mouse is enough.

Allowing strafe to move the ship has nothing to do with making the missions easier. Rather, they just fix a playability issue.
Indeed!

I can but hope that the devs will realise this and spend a tiny amount of time adding these two additional inputs. It really can't be that difficult to add, could it?

Quething
11.08.2012 , 08:07 PM | #16
Here, have a bump, since this drives me buggy too.