Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free 30 days and Tauntaun Ram pet

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free 30 days and Tauntaun Ram pet
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jeffdogg
04.25.2012 , 06:05 AM | #1
I received an email saying on the 24th I was gonna be getting free 30 days game time as well as a Tauntaun ram pet on April 24th. When I didnt hear anything about either on the 24th I made a ticket. They replied saying I was going to get both on April 25th. I still dont have my pet or my free 30 days that they promised. Was it some joke they were playing or something? Is it really that hard for them to deliver on their promises? Anybody else not get theirs?
<insert cool sig here>
Public Service announcement: My DDE fits perfectly in your precious VIP CE lock Hahahaha =D

Sparxysparx
04.25.2012 , 06:07 AM | #2
Hi there,

You're not supposed to have it yet.
Please see this thread:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=431757

Best of luck!
I am in no way affiliated with BioWare. I am simply a Star Wars: The Old Republic player.

Jestunhi
04.25.2012 , 06:07 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeffdogg View Post
I received an email saying on the 24th I was gonna be getting free 30 days game time as well as a Tauntaun ram pet on April 24th. When I didnt hear anything about either on the 24th I made a ticket. They replied saying I was going to get both on April 25th. I still dont have my pet or my free 30 days that they promised. Was it some joke they were playing or something? Is it really that hard for them to deliver on their promises? Anybody else not get theirs?
Take note of what timezone that date relates to.

It's not the same date throughout the world at all times.
Quote: Originally Posted by AlyxDinas View Post
Jestunhi's responses might be just about the the most asinine and pigheaded responses I've ever read on a forum.

amantheil
04.25.2012 , 06:14 AM | #4
The pet was supposed to be sent by midnight on the 24th, central time, which is 7 hours ago. If he was eligible he should have received it by now.

Sparxysparx
04.25.2012 , 06:16 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by amantheil View Post
The pet was supposed to be sent by midnight on the 24th, central time, which is 7 hours ago. If he was eligible he should have received it by now.
When the requirements were extended, the application date was pushed by one day. It is now applied at 1 minute before midnight on the 25th.
I am in no way affiliated with BioWare. I am simply a Star Wars: The Old Republic player.

Jeffdogg
04.25.2012 , 06:17 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Sparxysparx View Post
Hi there,

You're not supposed to have it yet.
Please see this thread:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=431757

Best of luck!
According to my email they sent me personally which states:

Quote:
You are one of our most active and valued high level players and we know you have been waiting patiently for Game Update 1.2: Legacy. To show our appreciation, check out all the great new features this update has to offer-on us. We will be adding an additional 30 days of game time to your account at no charge*. The free 30 days will appear on your account by April 24, 11:59PM CDT, April 25, 4:59AM GMT.

As an added bonus, we will be awarding all active subscribers an in-game Legacy reward, the Legacy Tauntaun Ram Pet**, as our way of saying thanks for your support. The Tauntaun Ram Pet will be delivered to you via in-game mail by April 24, 2012, 11:59PM CDT/ April 25, 2012, 4:59AM GMT.
I should have it by now, I they cant live up to what they say in their emails then they need to stop putting dates and times in there imo. Its bad business..
<insert cool sig here>
Public Service announcement: My DDE fits perfectly in your precious VIP CE lock Hahahaha =D

Jeffdogg
04.25.2012 , 06:19 AM | #7
When the requirements were extended, the application date was pushed by one day. It is now applied at 1 minute before midnight on the 25th.

Then they should of been professional enough to send emails specifying a new date/time to avoid situations such as this. I dont go on the forums much unless servers are down or theres a problem like this. So I was not aware of the changes, thats not my fault thats on them.
<insert cool sig here>

Sparxysparx
04.25.2012 , 06:19 AM | #8
According to my email they sent me personally which states:

I should have it by now, I they cant live up to what they say in their emails then they need to stop putting dates and times in there imo. Its bad business..
Quote:
They sent out a new e-mail when this happened (at least I got one stating the new dates and times). Additionally, we're talking about a one-day delay on an entirely free item.

Jeffdogg
04.25.2012 , 06:21 AM | #9
They sent out a new e-mail when this happened (at least I got one stating the new dates and times). Additionally, we're talking about a one-day delay on an entirely free item.
I didnt get the email and thats not the point at hand. If I would of got a new email I wouldnt have made the thread or would of had to come to the forums which i barely come to.
<insert cool sig here>

Jestunhi
04.25.2012 , 06:22 AM | #10
Then they should of been professional enough to send emails specifying a new date/time to avoid situations such as this. I dont go on the forums much unless servers are down or theres a problem like this. So I was not aware of the changes, thats not my fault thats on them.
I'd advise adding the Dev Tracker as a homepage / pinned tab.

Devs communicate, but if people don't read them they don't know what's happening.

I for one don't want an email every time one of the devs have something to say.
Quote: Originally Posted by AlyxDinas View Post
Jestunhi's responses might be just about the the most asinine and pigheaded responses I've ever read on a forum.