Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Music] Constant music option / loop please

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
[Music] Constant music option / loop please
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Zekester
12.13.2012 , 05:43 PM | #51
Completely agree with this thread and glad to hear it was being brought to the Audio Director's attention. The Star Wars soundtrack is amazing and I love listening to it while adventuring. I do hope a loop option is implemented soon!

Nieyko
03.13.2013 , 03:20 AM | #52
Are the Devs ever going to fix this? I did not even realize how bad this situation was until today. I listened to some swtor music on youtube today and found out that I have NEVER heard ANY of the songs in their entirety while in game. I have been playing since launch and have 5 50s and countless mid level characters. And yet I have never heard half of the music that was made for this game. We are about to have the first expansion come out and we still don't have consistent in-game music? This needs to be moved up on the priorities list.

Ansune
04.18.2013 , 07:14 AM | #53
This is an imperative feature for my own personal immersion, I don't want to listen to my own music -- I want to listen to the music in the game. Music needs to be louder, and absolutely needs a looping option. I find that over half the time I'm playing there's nothing audible going on. (For that matter, half the time my speeder doesn't make noise!)

P.S. How will we ever know when a suggestion has been accepted or in review? Seeing as this thread is about a year old, it leads me to believe that the developers don't care or don't actually take suggestions.

FuryoftheStars
04.18.2013 , 07:38 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
...we're definitely open to providing more customizable options for music looping and frequency in the future; it's something we'd like to take a look at.
Quote: Originally Posted by Nikei View Post
I feel like this needs to be added to the list of DOZENS of UI and immerison improvments that get a cute little post like this... then never materialize.
~3 months later...
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
We certainly haven't forgotten! As soon as we have any more information about music looping, we'll definitely post it!
~5 months later...
Quote: Originally Posted by Random Cricket
*chrip* *chirp*
I've gotten so I just switch the SWTOR music off, then have a web browser open in the background streaming music from a radio station I like.... Pretty pathetic if you ask me.
The Shadowlands
||| Vanguard | Sage | Sentinel | Scoundrel

Ansune
04.20.2013 , 12:54 PM | #55
Exactly, which is why I felt the need to contribute my concern as well.
I'm playing Star Wars, I want to listen to the themes that make Star Wars, Star Wars -- without any effort.

GGDonner
04.20.2013 , 08:57 PM | #56
do it, bw.

hard to understand why something that simple doesnt get included...

FeelFlow
04.21.2013 , 08:26 AM | #57
Agreed!

Maybe I'm imagining things, but since patch 2.0 it does seek to be playing more than usual.

Kuronan
05.09.2013 , 12:48 PM | #58
WHY HAVEN'T YOU DONE THIS YET?! Even Blizzard did this before WotLK. You obviously have the tech for a repeat button if a smartphone can do it and Blizzard did it in how many games before SW:TOR was even ANNOUNCED?
The Estimare Legacy
Silence to Evil is Compliance, Arguing and Fighting is Defiance, and I am as baneful an opponent as I am loyal a companion.
We, the roleplayers, need this.

Torneach
05.22.2013 , 03:55 AM | #59
Yes please.

It's quite a downer to have the rather nifty login music and then very little when I'm actually in the game.

gunnerjoe
06.25.2013 , 11:29 AM | #60
Completely agree