Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Music] Constant music option / loop please

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
[Music] Constant music option / loop please
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Pyrocan
06.15.2012 , 04:04 AM | #31
Dont believe any Q&A.They promised for;
Crystals for Vehicle trims
Extra Hotbar
Buff/debuff UI changes

PatriciaHarlow
06.17.2012 , 06:54 AM | #32
I 100% agree. There is too much silence for too long at times.
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all." ~ God

Campaigner
07.03.2012 , 05:43 PM | #33
Music is a powerful tool in holding interest. I'm surprised the only time you hear "combat music" is when you attack certain mobs. Makes everything else a bit boring.
OldTraunus (Formerly Traunus from SoEK)
Prophecy of the Five
<Old Republic War>

Campaigner
07.03.2012 , 05:44 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by crowleac View Post
I agree 100% Alderaan is such a tease. I can't tell you how many times I've enjoyed the music on the loading screen, only to be left in silence 5 minutes later. I really like the score on many worlds, but it feels like they almost never play when I need it. I've resorted to playing a mix-set of classic star wars in the background.
I felt the same way about the Balmorra theme back in beta. Why do you hardly ever hear it? Such a waste.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy_MM...ayer_embedded#!
OldTraunus (Formerly Traunus from SoEK)
Prophecy of the Five
<Old Republic War>

MrBeef
07.30.2012 , 09:13 AM | #35
I've been asking for a loop music option for over a year now. I wonder if this is another one of those things they don't even know isn't in their game. Kinda like the ready check function that we still don't have.

DPCummerbund
07.30.2012 , 12:15 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Campaigner View Post
Music is a powerful tool in holding interest. I'm surprised the only time you hear "combat music" is when you attack certain mobs. Makes everything else a bit boring.
I maintain that the music in this game runs precisely the OPPOSITE of how it should.

In a movie, the music ramps up during fight scenes to keep it exciting. Music is lower during slower scenes. It makes movies more exciting that way.

BW made the music in this game the same way, but video games should be the opposite of that. Sure, a little music at the beginning of a fight is okay, but during the fight I'm trying to concentrate and focus on a lot of things, and loud music is just distracting.

During slower times (on speeders, in towns, etc.) I wouldn't mind listening to music. It should be louder then. Instead, we get nothing.
"Have you seen what the Sith are wearing? It's like every fashion designer in the galaxy went over to the Dark Side." - Kira Carsen
"You there! I'm drafting you into the Imperial Reclamation Service's... service." - Lieutenant Whist

Mortis_Vox
07.31.2012 , 10:07 PM | #37
We totally need the music to actually be playing. When I think of all of my favorite games I can come up with 5 different songs from the game in a second but with ToR I cant even think of one which is rather sad since I love this game so much
(▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓}=|:|X|X|\\\
`````````````````````````````
\\\|X|X|:|={▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

AlanWhiteWolf
08.01.2012 , 06:55 AM | #38
and for gods sake they went on about how they make a whole soundtrack but it only plays when you enter a planet, are in an important conversation or in a boss fight.
“If you hold to my teaching,
you are really my disciples.
Then you will know the truth,
and the truth will set you free.” John 8:31

AstralProjection
08.01.2012 , 09:18 AM | #39
Signed. Always wondered this myself.
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
Softcore PVP with Hardcore Determination
Prophecy of the Five | Poet Warlord | International Guild

Skroting
08.01.2012 , 09:57 AM | #40
Signed, i actually sent in a ticket concerning this pretty early. Might have been two actually.The answer was that they would look in to it, and i can't understand why there hasn't been done anything about it yet :O