Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hardmode Denova Last Boss - Bug?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

xenofire
05.01.2012 , 05:37 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Karniel View Post
16 man HM was much easier. Regardless of how "over used" a mechanic is. Where as some dont find the polarity droids hard, others do and have died repeatively on it. I just don't like content being dumbed down further than it already is when you know the fight..
How can people honestly believe this? Only people who run 8 mans think it's harder, and they only say that in attempt to keep from marginalizing their efforts. I've done both, I cleared 8 man hard mode in a pug on the PTS before my guild ever even attempted 16 man. 16 man requires a little less on the individual level, but way more on the raid level.

Honestly I think what happens is people do all the work to clear it on 8 man, and then go to 16 man and are like "wow this was easy.."... Because they've already done it on 8 man. People tend to lose their objectivity entirely after killing a boss once.

You should try it the opposite way. Run a 16 man hard mode one night, and then immediately afterwards run an 8 man hard mode with alts. Your reaction will be "Wow this is so much easier"; I'm saying this from experience. The bottom line is, 8 man hard mode is doable on our alts with pugs, 16 man would be way more of a pain to pug and do with alts.
Guildmaster of The Remnant on The Harbinger
#4 World | #2 US | EC16 HM

Aquatine
05.01.2012 , 07:04 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by xenofire View Post
How can people honestly believe this? Only people who run 8 mans think it's harder, and they only say that in attempt to keep from marginalizing their efforts. I've done both, I cleared 8 man hard mode in a pug on the PTS before my guild ever even attempted 16 man. 16 man requires a little less on the individual level, but way more on the raid level.

Honestly I think what happens is people do all the work to clear it on 8 man, and then go to 16 man and are like "wow this was easy.."... Because they've already done it on 8 man. People tend to lose their objectivity entirely after killing a boss once.

You should try it the opposite way. Run a 16 man hard mode one night, and then immediately afterwards run an 8 man hard mode with alts. Your reaction will be "Wow this is so much easier"; I'm saying this from experience. The bottom line is, 8 man hard mode is doable on our alts with pugs, 16 man would be way more of a pain to pug and do with alts.
Wow dude, just wow. So much fail in one post. They changed the mechanics since PTS, so your uber PTS experience means jack squat. I think its hilarious that you would try to comment on something that you have no experience in. Also, 16m has been bugged and he doesn't pull in OR do dmg during the big purple circle phase, AND 16m hm pulse droids had squat for hp and could be killed in one round. We can also kill the big walker droid in two bombs instead of 3 that it takes in 8m.

They fixed the two main bugs that made 16 man easier, but the fact remains that it WAS easier and you had no idea what you where talking about.

xenofire
05.01.2012 , 07:13 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Aquatine View Post
Wow dude, just wow. So much fail in one post. They changed the mechanics since PTS, so your uber PTS experience means jack squat. I think its hilarious that you would try to comment on something that you have no experience in. Also, 16m has been bugged and he doesn't pull in OR do dmg during the big purple circle phase, AND 16m hm pulse droids had squat for hp and could be killed in one round. We can also kill the big walker droid in two bombs instead of 3 that it takes in 8m.

They fixed the two main bugs that made 16 man easier, but the fact remains that it WAS easier and you had no idea what you where talking about.
So you think I haven't done 8m hard mode since release on PTS? You're being fascetious. I already told you it's alt and puggable on live.

And, in 8 man hard mode, we had to stop DPS during the second bomb so we don't kill him, just like we peel off in 16 man. As far as I'm concerned it's the exact same fight in 8 man and 16, just in 8 man the healing on the tank in phase 3 is easier.

The bugs they fix don't make it easier or harder, they just prolong the fight a small amount. If you're on hard mode kephiss, you can run out of a giant purple circle. There is nothing even innately difficult about the fight in either mode. The first time we pulled it in 8 man on the PTS we killed it in two attempts (after knowing story mode mechanics), the first time we did it on 16 man it took us 5 attempts. On live in 8 man we one shot it. The fight is a joke in both versions and the only thing that's even remotely difficult about the fight is healing the tank once Kephiss is on him-- which I find significantly easier in 8 man, and that's why I consider the fight easier in 8 man.

Ikyo
05.01.2012 , 09:43 PM | #74
Can we interupt the e-peen contest for a second and talk about http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=403398 ? So did they fix the 8 man and in turn break the 16 man.
Quote:
Gabe Amatangelo: This is not per design. The teams have been addressing this in the weekly patches to some degree and more so in Game Update 1.2. It is intended that 16 player mode is slightly easier than 8 player mode due to the fact that getting and coordinating 16 players is a larger hurdle in and of itself.

Kihopak
05.01.2012 , 10:22 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Ikyo View Post
Can we interupt the e-peen contest for a second and talk about http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=403398 ? So did they fix the 8 man and in turn break the 16 man.
Still broken as of 5 min ago.

Saviorr
05.01.2012 , 10:42 PM | #76
So you think I haven't done 8m hard mode since release on PTS? You're being fascetious. I already told you it's alt and puggable on live.

And, in 8 man hard mode, we had to stop DPS during the second bomb so we don't kill him, just like we peel off in 16 man. As far as I'm concerned it's the exact same fight in 8 man and 16, just in 8 man the healing on the tank in phase 3 is easier.

The bugs they fix don't make it easier or harder, they just prolong the fight a small amount. If you're on hard mode kephiss, you can run out of a giant purple circle. There is nothing even innately difficult about the fight in either mode. The first time we pulled it in 8 man on the PTS we killed it in two attempts (after knowing story mode mechanics), the first time we did it on 16 man it took us 5 attempts. On live in 8 man we one shot it. The fight is a joke in both versions and the only thing that's even remotely difficult about the fight is healing the tank once Kephiss is on him-- which I find significantly easier in 8 man, and that's why I consider the fight easier in 8 man.
Interesting how you recorded your 16 man kills on raid ranks but have yet to do your 8 man. Just curious why you haven't yet? Considering 8 man (until today) was significantly harder than 16.

Papadodo
05.02.2012 , 12:05 AM | #77
Please stay on-topic,
Thank you.

My guild doing 8-man Hard mode last night 11PM (GMT+7) , after May 1st Maintenance.
His AoE still bug - killed half of our raid (light + medium armor player).

Anyone killed him after May 1st , please share your tactic.
Really want to kill this Kephess

Thank you very much!!

Trephination
05.02.2012 , 12:27 AM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Papadodo View Post
Please stay on-topic,
Thank you.

My guild doing 8-man Hard mode last night 11PM (GMT+7) , after May 1st Maintenance.
His AoE still bug - killed half of our raid (light + medium armor player).

Anyone killed him after May 1st , please share your tactic.
Really want to kill this Kephess

Thank you very much!!
The fight is still bugged, but we were able to clear it tonight with a somewhat convoluted strat.

If you have a sniper in your group, have them park at 30+ meters from Keph as he approaches 60%, then Entrench + raid shield. The sniper will not be pulled into the purple circle because of Entrench.

The rest of the raid stacks tightly behind Kephess, to ensure there is almost no travel time as he pulls you in. After the raid is pulled in just after 60% HP, everybody must use their defensive cooldowns and med-packs. If there is a particularly squishy person in your raid, make sure they are either sorc bubbled or hotted before the pull-in happens. The entire raid runs toward where the sniper shield is parked, to take advantage of the extra 20% mitigation. If you have a marauder in your group, have them use raid-wide sprint at this time, too.

Using this strat, we had 0 deaths during the pull-in phase. Good luck.
Teacher / Blackadder | Bastion

xenofire
05.02.2012 , 01:51 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Saviorr View Post
Interesting how you recorded your 16 man kills on raid ranks but have yet to do your 8 man. Just curious why you haven't yet? Considering 8 man (until today) was significantly harder than 16.
Why bother recording 8 man when 16 man is all that really matters? Honestly like, when we did 8 man, we joked about recording 8 man... literally joked about it. And why do people keep saying 8 man is harder? Every time someone says 8 man is or was harder, I feel like I'm being trolled. It's just not even even close in my opinion. I feel completely confident going into 8 man hard mode with a couple of noob pugs and my alt, but I don't even want to pug a single person for 16 man, it makes my head hurt to think of it.

Although on the other topic. Tonight in 16 man we got the whole raid out of the purple and it kept ticking for 5k over and over again until finally everyone died.... We pulled again and then that time we prebubbled the whole raid and all ran to the same spot where we dropped puddles and tried to heal through it... But it seemed to tick over and over again until we all died.

Styrka
05.02.2012 , 01:54 AM | #80
Why bother recording 8 man when 16 man is all that really matters? Honestly like, when we did 8 man, we joked about recording 8 man... literally joked about it. And why do people keep saying 8 man is harder? Every time someone says 8 man is or was harder, I feel like I'm being trolled. It's just not even even close in my opinion. I feel completely confident going into 8 man hard mode with a couple of noob pugs and my alt, but I don't even want to pug a single person for 16 man, it makes my head hurt to think of it.

Although on the other topic. Tonight in 16 man we got the whole raid out of the purple and it kept ticking for 5k over and over again until finally everyone died.... We pulled again and then that time we prebubbled the whole raid and all ran to the same spot where we dropped puddles and tried to heal through it... But it seemed to tick over and over again until we all died.
Maybe try 8-man?