Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hardmode Denova Last Boss - Bug?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Barrackk
04.30.2012 , 07:54 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Its_Delusion View Post
Our guild has killed him on 8 Man Hardmode but you need 2x Gunslinger for bubble + Best prototype medpac in game.
If it wasnt for the fact you need 2x bubble, I would say dont nerf it ^^
It can be killed in other ways as has been stated in previous posts. We had our marauder spec for the added 80% speed to boost to help the group run out faster. We had our one sniper stay out as we ran toward his bubble (he also used entrenchment or whatever it's called so he wouldn't get pulled in.) Everyone had to pop med packs and defensive cooldowns if they had them. I had to pre-emptively bubble the squishier people (3-4 guys including myself) and finally had to heal myself on the run and once i was well outside the blue circle (I am a sorc.) It took some planning, but I can tell you it can be done with one sniper, although I can't say for sure if it can be done with zero. It is not impossible by any means, but clearly a bug as it made the purpose of the blue circle totally useless.

Karniel
04.30.2012 , 10:09 PM | #62
Why is 16 man Kephess in Hardmode so easy? no ae damage on pull in, the polarity robots die so fast... 8 man is almost a nightmare mode compared to it....
Narcistic
Beast Marauder on The Fatman
Kayn from Bloodfin

<V A N Q U I S H>

xenofire
05.01.2012 , 02:45 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Karniel View Post
Why is 16 man Kephess in Hardmode so easy? no ae damage on pull in, the polarity robots die so fast... 8 man is almost a nightmare mode compared to it....
If you say so... I did 8 man first and then 16 man, and thought 16 man was the same difficulty level, minus the fact that you don't have to run out of the purple circle when he pulls you in... Which is a stupid easy and reused mechanic anyway. When we found out this week that they changed it so you had to run out, we still one shot the boss even running out. It changed nothing. And let's be honest, even if it took 4 times as long to kill the polarity droids, it would be no added challenge. That part is stupid easy, even the eye beams synch in such a way to not hit you.
Guildmaster of The Remnant on The Harbinger
#4 World | #2 US | EC16 HM

grintar
05.01.2012 , 04:19 AM | #64
they fix it with the recent patch? dont see it in the notes...

Karniel
05.01.2012 , 06:40 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by xenofire View Post
If you say so... I did 8 man first and then 16 man, and thought 16 man was the same difficulty level, minus the fact that you don't have to run out of the purple circle when he pulls you in... Which is a stupid easy and reused mechanic anyway. When we found out this week that they changed it so you had to run out, we still one shot the boss even running out. It changed nothing. And let's be honest, even if it took 4 times as long to kill the polarity droids, it would be no added challenge. That part is stupid easy, even the eye beams synch in such a way to not hit you.
16 man HM was much easier. Regardless of how "over used" a mechanic is. Where as some dont find the polarity droids hard, others do and have died repeatively on it. I just don't like content being dumbed down further than it already is when you know the fight..
Narcistic
Beast Marauder on The Fatman
Kayn from Bloodfin

<V A N Q U I S H>

Unago
05.01.2012 , 06:44 AM | #66
We killed it last night with the bug. Used the LoS tactic, because healing through it didn't work for our group composition.
Kill video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KfxqH3RzWc

Hopefully its fixed for the next raid so we can do it the proper way .

Daemondred
05.01.2012 , 07:20 AM | #67
Was this fixed in today's patch? We have been stuck on this since last Tuesday. We can get him to 60% every time and simply can't find a way to survive his AOE. We've tried healing through it with a sniper shield and we still lose 6/8 players on the last tick.

This is incredibly frustrating as the fight is easy in comparison on 16m and I'm beginning to think we should join up with another 8 just to kill this guy.

Can someone explain to me the point of the LOS trick on the AOE that I've seen in some videos? Because it seems you still take the damage even if you LOS the AOE ... so what benefit does it have? We've tried several methods of healing through the damage but nothing seems to work. In the end we always take about 23-24k damage and our healers can't keep up and half the raid dies.

Shinaa
05.01.2012 , 09:15 AM | #68
Not in patchnotes so probably not fixed, however, IF the patchnotes are correct for once, they buffed him in 16 player mode, funny. The polarity bots should have more health now and the gift now pulls the raid in and does damage.
Since I raid 8 man and the last week was just an annoying bugrun, I REALLY hope the 16 man version is at least as buggy now, so everyone can experience this the same way!

matthewloeser
05.01.2012 , 11:34 AM | #69
My guild (Prophecy - Krayt Dragon Server) encountered a bug on 8 man HM Kephess. During the mechanic where he pulls us all in we found that we were taking damage even outside the intended radius of his attack, causing the entire party to die (even with cool downs and our Maruader casting Predation). I understand that this bug might be an attempt to "gate" content. But we are the only group on server that progressed this far and would really like this problem addressed so we can continue progressing...

kyleleboeuf
05.01.2012 , 01:28 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by matthewloeser View Post
My guild (Prophecy - Krayt Dragon Server) encountered a bug on 8 man HM Kephess. During the mechanic where he pulls us all in we found that we were taking damage even outside the intended radius of his attack, causing the entire party to die (even with cool downs and our Maruader casting Predation). I understand that this bug might be an attempt to "gate" content. But we are the only group on server that progressed this far and would really like this problem addressed so we can continue progressing...
Read the rest of the thread. Bioware is working on it.