Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hardmode Denova Last Boss - Bug?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Saviorr
05.02.2012 , 07:09 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by xenofire View Post
As far as I'm concerned the only "kill" that matters in this whole wave of content is 16 man tanks. On a scale of 1-100, it's might be a 4, but is more like a 3 in difficulty; wheras everything else is at best a 2.
Well I'm glad that's as far as your concerned. You are entitled to your opinion. But really nothing you stated has any factual evidence. Pts =/= live. But again. Congrats on the progress, but it says nothing towards one raid being harder than the other.

xenofire
05.02.2012 , 07:14 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Saviorr View Post
Well I'm glad that's as far as your concerned. You are entitled to your opinion. But really nothing you stated has any factual evidence. Pts =/= live. But again. Congrats on the progress, but it says nothing towards one raid being harder than the other.
I mean seriously, do you actually think there is any one thing that is challenging about anything they've released? I'd love to hear it, and why it's difficult.

My point of view is, if there isn't anything difficult, then the only difficulty becomes managing more people.
Guildmaster of The Remnant on The Harbinger
#4 World | #2 US | EC16 HM

Saviorr
05.02.2012 , 07:19 PM | #113
I mean seriously, do you actually think there is any one thing that is challenging about anything they've released? I'd love to hear it, and why it's difficult.

My point of view is, if there isn't anything difficult, then the only difficulty becomes managing more people.
Challenging? Not really. The bug on Kephess was the only think that made it difficult, but we still downed him regardless. Having more people to manage isnt a challenge for us. The damage and healing output for 16 though hasn't been tailored properly making it an absolute joke to run.

xenofire
05.02.2012 , 07:26 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Saviorr View Post
Challenging? Not really. The bug on Kephess was the only think that made it difficult, but we still downed him regardless. Having more people to manage isnt a challenge for us. The damage and healing output for 16 though hasn't been tailored properly making it an absolute joke to run.
I feel that same way about 8 man. Healing 8 man is a vacation compared to 16 man as far as I'm concerned. A sorc puddle and prebubbling heals anything in 8 man, in 16 you actually have to use other abilities.

And having more people to manage always will be a challenge unless you control each and every one of them. More rocks to dodge on Z&T, more bubbles to go to on tanks, less places to stand on vorgath(this is actually way more of an impact than you'd think), and way more accidental things that can happen on Kephiss.

All the things I've said though are human error related, and, human error is the only thing challenging about any of this content. More humans, greater possibility for human error. And in 8 man you get 1 battle rez, in 16 man you get 1 battle rez. More forgiveness factor for 8 man.

sang
05.02.2012 , 11:38 PM | #115
So has anyone been able to clear 16m hm kephess since they "fixed" gift of the masters in this week's patch? I've seen a lot of theories and my guild has tried some of them with varying degrees of success. Kinda stupid that Bioware supposedly "fixed" 16m hard mode this week and only really managed to bug it out similar to 8m...
Twitch Stream YouTube VoDs

Sanglawl - Sangpt - Sangz - Sangmerc - Sanglul - Sangrawr - Sangocity

xenofire
05.03.2012 , 02:50 AM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by sang View Post
So has anyone been able to clear 16m hm kephess since they "fixed" gift of the masters in this week's patch? I've seen a lot of theories and my guild has tried some of them with varying degrees of success. Kinda stupid that Bioware supposedly "fixed" 16m hard mode this week and only really managed to bug it out similar to 8m...
Yes, quite a few.

Saviorr
05.03.2012 , 04:39 AM | #117
I feel that same way about 8 man. Healing 8 man is a vacation compared to 16 man as far as I'm concerned. A sorc puddle and prebubbling heals anything in 8 man, in 16 you actually have to use other abilities.

And having more people to manage always will be a challenge unless you control each and every one of them. More rocks to dodge on Z&T, more bubbles to go to on tanks, less places to stand on vorgath(this is actually way more of an impact than you'd think), and way more accidental things that can happen on Kephiss.

All the things I've said though are human error related, and, human error is the only thing challenging about any of this content. More humans, greater possibility for human error. And in 8 man you get 1 battle rez, in 16 man you get 1 battle rez. More forgiveness factor for 8 man.
Then we'll have to agree to disagree. Although to you battle rez comment, 16 would get more stealth rez's. But I do see the point of human error. Poor 16 man guilds who have a difficult time coordinating would find the content significantly harder.

Overall EC was a letdown. The mechanics were more in depth than EV/KP, but still lacking in difficulty. Here's to hoping NiM changes that for us.

arnoldlol
05.03.2012 , 10:31 AM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by sang View Post
Yes, sniper shields and aoe heal. Real hard.

As for EC being a let down, it's hard mode. Who cares?
Cali Killed Nox
o [Website] o [Stream] o

Armaso
05.03.2012 , 02:11 PM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by Its_Delusion View Post
Our guild has killed him on 8 Man Hardmode but you need 2x Gunslinger for bubble + Best prototype medpac in game.
If it wasnt for the fact you need 2x bubble, I would say dont nerf it ^^
You should not have said that. They will fix the stacking Slinger bubbles before they fix the boss.

arnoldlol
05.03.2012 , 07:13 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by Armaso View Post
You should not have said that. They will fix the stacking Slinger bubbles before they fix the boss.
It's been that way since the beginning. Pre-nerf nightmare anni anyone? BW is aware.
Cali Killed Nox
o [Website] o [Stream] o