Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hardmode Denova Last Boss - Bug?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Its_Delusion
04.24.2012 , 07:54 PM | #1
My guild and I are doing Kephess on hardmode and have been experiencing issues with how to survive Kephess' empowerment (Gift of the Masters) after today's patch (24/04/2012).
When he reaches 65%, he is empowered and the raid is pulled into the middle of his purple aoe.
Our response to this was to immediately leave the purple circle but even when we have left the circle we all drop dead after taking approx 20-30K Damage each.
What have me missed? :
Whatever you do, take Pride.

Likepro
04.24.2012 , 10:27 PM | #2
have the raid stack on the boss right before he does the aoe pull (he does this at 60% after he's done doing whatever atction he's doing, so it might be 60% it might be 59/8/7%), so there's less air travel time and people can start running earlier.

also, everyone should be saving their medpacs for this. consulars/inquisitors should speed boost and pull people out of it, jk's / warriors should leap to whoever is speed boosting out and popping their health boost, (if focus specced, save a zealous leap to use on the boss right before the pull so you have a speed boost), and sentinels/marauders should use their raid-wide speed boost.

this only occurs once, so everyone should have their cd's and medpacs saved specifically for this moment. there's no more aoe damage for the rest of the fight following this, so just, survive this and healers can focus on the tanks.
Likewhoa, JK Guardian, Mors Certa, Wound in the Force

Reinholt
04.25.2012 , 01:49 AM | #3
Also use two tanks no matter what raid size, that is the key to the encounter on HM.
Rein the Revanite on TwitchTV Marauder PvP/E Tips, Tricks and Fun.

Kerotan
04.25.2012 , 03:04 AM | #4
This is bugging. Before the patch there was no issues at all running from the circle, now we are all making it out, some with over 50% hp and we are still taking ticks and everyone just drops dead.
<Insomnia>
Sleep is for the weak
www.Insomnia-Guild.net

Hilara
04.25.2012 , 03:09 AM | #5
@Kerotan

We have the same bug....

Ikyo
04.25.2012 , 03:42 AM | #6
I think everyone is seeing that bug. I hope they hot fix it asap.
Quote:
Gabe Amatangelo: This is not per design. The teams have been addressing this in the weekly patches to some degree and more so in Game Update 1.2. It is intended that 16 player mode is slightly easier than 8 player mode due to the fact that getting and coordinating 16 players is a larger hurdle in and of itself.

Azun
04.25.2012 , 05:00 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Ikyo View Post
I think everyone is seeing that bug. I hope they hot fix it asap.
have same bug, 26k dmg in a row. need hot fix.

Its_Delusion
04.25.2012 , 07:57 AM | #8
Unfortunate that others are suffering from this.

@Likepro - Everything you have suggested had been tried. The encounter is &"$%ed
Whatever you do, take Pride.

JovethGonzalez
04.25.2012 , 12:37 PM | #9 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks, in order to better understand this issue better, can you let us know if this is 8 or 16 man hard mode? Thank you!

Calebzor
04.25.2012 , 12:56 PM | #10
We had same bug in 8 man. I can provide combatlog, stream recording, whatever if that helps, just say the word.