Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is the best class for healing?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
What is the best class for healing?

josuevta
04.24.2012 , 05:00 PM | #1
Hi guys, my question is that, right now, what is the class that is easier to heal?

Thank you for your answers!

(No ironies if possible please XD)

Arzoo
04.24.2012 , 05:23 PM | #2
Sorcerers/Sages are (still) the best.

Aaoogaa
04.24.2012 , 06:32 PM | #3
PVE - Sorc/Sages

PVP - Ops/Scoundrel
-I would rather pay for a great game than play a poor game for free.
-Viable and worthwhile are not the same when it comes to class design.
55 Commando - 50 Gunslinger - 50 Guardian
Beta tester...loved the game, hate what it has become.

polopopoo
04.24.2012 , 07:03 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Aaoogaa View Post
PVE - Sorc/Sages

PVP - Ops/Scoundrel
PVE
1. Sorc
2. Op
3. Ann mara*
4. merc*

=p

RoadRash
04.25.2012 , 11:07 AM | #5
Right Now

1) Sorc
2) Op
3) Sorc- heal/dps spec
4) Merc-BG

Aetou
04.25.2012 , 05:11 PM | #6
Well, in both PVE and PVP you should be bringing two healers. In both situations that should be one Sage and one Scoundrel. The Sage will usually put up the slightly bigger numbers (due to the better AOE heal and the fact that bubbles almost always apply their full value even when applied pre-emptively while HOTs do not) but the two have different styles that complement each other perfectly.

(For what it's worth I'm a V78 Sawbones and have also healed both KP and EV in Hardmode multiple times.)

belialle
04.27.2012 , 12:36 AM | #7
On the whole, sorcerer is probably the strongest healer right now. Any of the healing classes can get the job done though.

I strongly disagree with the above poster's statement that we "should" bring a sorcerer and an operative. That is pure foolishness, imo. I will say that ideally I would prefer to bring a sorcerer and either an operative or a mercenary. I'd be fine with having an operative and a mercenary, too.

It's true that I would prefer to avoid having two of the same healing class, just for balance reasons.

polopopoo
04.28.2012 , 04:50 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by belialle View Post

It's true that I would prefer to avoid having two of the same healing class, just for balance reasons.
But bringing 2 sorcs is great, so much healing from always having an aoe heal down, they can just sit and spam lightning. 2 sorc healers = like having 5 dps instead of 4.

Flain
04.28.2012 , 09:49 AM | #9
Single target healing Operatives/Scoundrels are now the best, for AoE healing and all around utility Sorc/Sages are the best.

Chaqen
04.28.2012 , 03:08 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Flain View Post
Single target healing Operatives/Scoundrels are now the best, for AoE healing and all around utility Sorc/Sages are the best.
^This, with the added fact that operatives are the best endurance healers as well; there have been plenty of times where the sorc healer in my raid was oof, while i was perfectly fine after some rough healing phases.