Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rakghoul Plague Outbreak World Event: Thank You

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Rakghoul Plague Outbreak World Event: Thank You
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

rakuenCallisto
04.25.2012 , 12:56 PM | #31
I liked it but I just wish the vendor was still available.
[|||||||]

JovethGonzalez
04.25.2012 , 12:58 PM | #32 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thanks everyone, for your kind words and constructive feedback. As with anything we do, we're definitely going to be taking a look at the community response to this event and work on ways to improve anything that we do in the future.

It was incredible to see all of the excitement from players in-game and on the forums

Thanks again!

Guildrum
04.25.2012 , 01:02 PM | #33
It was fun. It was a small blessing, but a blessing, for our server when it stimulated RP for a bit, I would have liked Bioware to increase the level of chaos though. I had actually stockpiled vaccines in case Bioware said, "ruh roh, no more vaccine for YOU!". Not that I'd use it, I'd sell it on the GTN for sky-high prices. I could already have unlocked my Mirilian Agent Bioware!
The Shaffer Legacy: Begeren Colony

Shaffer Lazy-eye Horace Sleth
Journalist, Pirate Bodyguard Sith

Urael
04.25.2012 , 01:02 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Thanks everyone, for your kind words and constructive feedback. As with anything we do, we're definitely going to be taking a look at the community response to this event and work on ways to improve anything that we do in the future.

It was incredible to see all of the excitement from players in-game and on the forums

Thanks again!
While I appriciate you taking the time to post. I am wondering at your silence in threads that were NOT favorable to the event. There were many threads that had a few problems with the event from mechanics to the "story" behind the event to the "immersion factor". It would be nice to know how the BW team feels about the feed back both for and against the event and it would be nice to see a sort of "after action" report on the event.

Dan_McMan
04.25.2012 , 01:06 PM | #35
I had a great time with the event.

Loved the armor set. Very cool idea. In the future, if this sort of thing is done again, I'd really like it if the armor set was Bind on Legacy. I'm not going to get a lot of use out of it on my Jedi Knight, but my Trooper (who hasn't been made yet) would have loved it.

dosadnik
04.25.2012 , 01:12 PM | #36
I was wondering, what is/was the official name of the event? Rakghoul Pandemic, Epidemic, Outbreak? If a dev can answer tis i'd be very greatfull.
The online encyclopedia for TOR, that anyone can edit!

Caito Level 55 Jedi Knight The Red Eclipse

Meanerr
04.25.2012 , 01:12 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post

Thanks again!
Want more Open World PvP? Move the PvP vendors from fleet onto the planets.

Lowbie PvP vendors on a lowbie planet, lvl 50 PvP vendors onto Ilum.

Also have only the one vendor sell both the Republic and Imperial equipment (like the Jawa did on Tatooine).
==========================================+
Good players carry their team. Bad players QQ on forums.
==========================================+

Phydra
04.25.2012 , 01:25 PM | #38
Yes, indeed, thank you for a very fun time. It was really quite nice as a VERY casual player to actually be able to do all the things necessary to achieve the goodies. Heck, I got armor for myself and for Nadia (comforting look to those who do not wear light armor), I got my purdy green-black crystal, both pets, and a "Zombie Tharan" customization along with the title (this last astounded me as I didn't think I'd manage it).

Lots of fun watching folks play with the infection (not to mention the general chat around it... heh) as well as helping others who didn't quite know what was happening.

I even got the chance to help some Empire players take those bosses down which I especially enjoyed.

Thank you again. Hella lotta fun.
Need a solid, casual guild? Consider Forceful on Mind Trick - fun, nice, and social, of course!

Too casual? Ok; find the right guild for you here: Guild Quiz!

Quraswren
04.25.2012 , 01:28 PM | #39
Dislike the event.

Our goal was to contain the plague and we were giving a quest to spread it. I can think of a number of ways this event could have been utilized, yet it seemed like a poor copy.

It screamed of a poorly thought out design that was copied from somewhere else. The only thing it did differently was it tried to limit the griefing of other players during the event and while that was successful in lessening it, it was still possible to grief other players, especially lower levels.

Hopefully the next event will be thought out a little better.
Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
What you get: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

Jenemi
04.25.2012 , 01:30 PM | #40
Thank you for the event! I enjoyed pretty much all of it.

I think my only issues were:
1. The vaccine wears off if you die. This is especially annoying if you are PVPing as a number of people would go into PVP infected or the groups all over the fleet.

2. The Bantha being in the PVP area. While I occasionally do War zones (although, mostly for codexes), I don't really like mixing PVP with PVE or I would've went and joined a PVP server. The crazy battle in there when the event first started, while fun in some ways, was also kind of infuriating. I prefer, especially with World Events, everyone working together so that kind of bothered me.

3. The armor being bind on pickup. I did not have time to get my Imperial character up to Tatooine for the Imperial armor sets (and regardless, I would've been a few days late with how the dailies were done) and I would've loved to get a copy :/

But other than those few nitpicks, I definitely liked the event and this is coming from someone who hates zombie-ish stuff (Mostly due to a phobia but yeah)
Vanity Pets Guide - I will ALWAYS respond to my PMs as long as I notice.
ịịмąяїℓεαịị♥ऄ██████████████████)