Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why I'm charged for next month?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Why I'm charged for next month?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Subatia
04.24.2012 , 03:56 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Mugo View Post
I got billed on my credit card today. I have to cover it with my own money, paying this credit card bill.
What is not understandable here?? 2 weeks ago, we all got e-mail with 30 days of free gameplay.
Go read your e-mail. You'll see that it will give you your 30 days if your account is current as of midnight tonight. My brother's account expired today and he payed without whining.

Why I'm billed now? Simple question that requires simple answer. I don't care about jumbo-mumbo algorithms in BioWare billing systems with dates, times, minutes, seconds, crap, ****, whatever....
Time is mumbo jumbo?
You're not good with reading calendars, and that is BW's fault?

Guys, pull your development together. This is disgrace. Trion got operational LFG in 2 months after going live.... You keep saying; "it's complicated". No it's not! Get yourself better developers!
Really? they built a LFG system from the ground up on 2 months? Perhaps they had been working on that before then?
And since SWTOR is built on the same engine, they can just copy Trion. Oh, wait. Different game. Different engine. Different problems.
The CS in this game is amazing. It takes a certain amount of skill to turn a fan into an unsubscriber in 4 short hours.

Niccali
04.24.2012 , 03:57 PM | #12
Trion got operational LFG in 2 months after going live.... You keep saying; "it's complicated". No it's not! Get yourself better developers!
And you know this....how? You are a programmer with a proven success rate with next-gen MMO development?

The 30 days will be credited tomorrow after patching, its your tough luck that your billing date was before that. Now you will get it on your account when everyone else does, which unfortunately for you (and me) and everyone else who's billing date falls before the 24th means we wont see it until next month assuming that we cancel our subs immediately.....

If your current billing date is a problem for you, pay them the difference to prorate it to whatever day works best for you but don't bash BW because you are pissed at them for something that they didnt cause.... that's just crazy.

EDIT: Whatever day you pay them is your 'billing date' so if you cancel, let your time expire, then resub on a better date for you, you will then be able to take advantage of things without the necessity of all the QQ.

Leggomy
04.24.2012 , 04:03 PM | #13
Never ceases to amaze me that people complain about getting free stuff. They charge you for one month but give you two and all you can do is complain. Lucky I dont own Bioware Id go through refund his $15 and perm delete his account. Also ban his credit card and IP.

Then again Id prob be the only one playing at some point if I did that hehe. Probably better I dont own it.

jasonmicron
04.24.2012 , 04:07 PM | #14
I got billed on my credit card today. I have to cover it with my own money, paying this credit card bill.
What is not understandable here?? 2 weeks ago, we all got e-mail with 30 days of free gameplay.

Why I'm billed now? Simple question that requires simple answer. I don't care about jumbo-mumbo algorithms in BioWare billing systems with dates, times, minutes, seconds, crap, ****, whatever....

Guys, pull your development together. This is disgrace. Trion got operational LFG in 2 months after going live.... You keep saying; "it's complicated". No it's not! Get yourself better developers!
They said your free game time would be credited April 25th. Your billing cycle was up before then. This is not complicated. You get your free 30 days on your first billing cycle AFTER your account is credited. It hasn't been credited yet because today is not April 25th.

But somehow I doubt you will understand that.