Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is your character's motivation?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Roleplaying
What is your character's motivation?

Darth_Solrac
04.25.2012 , 11:33 AM | #21
My Sorc also refuses to let the Dark Side twist him totally. His love for his Dark grey Jedi Knight/Guardian little brother also helps him here.

He views the war as becoming mostly pointless. A waste of manpower, resources, & $. He wants to either end it as quickly & decisively as possible, or negotiate another treaty, a REAL one that both sides would actually heed. As Emperor, he would ease the restrictions on free speech, & the racist policies. He wants to garner real support from the Imperial public & go down as one of the best all round Sith Emperors. He also wants his brother to co rule with him.

This would establish the Imperial Solrac dynasty. His true, ultimate aim & goal.
Nobody expects the Sith Inquisition!
Guild: Imperial Army.
Darth (Markos) Solrac: LV 50, Dark Sith Sorcerer.
Draykos Solrac: LV 29, Dark grey Jedi Guardian.

Rompdomp
04.25.2012 , 12:42 PM | #22
Imperial Agent:
A lone wolf independent operator who doesn't trust anyone except her crew. Her motivation is to be the best, make some money, and unleash some of her violent destructive tendencies. She doesn't trust the Imperial leadership and hates the bureaucratic bull of the Imperial army. She really hates force users and loves taking em down and wiping that smug grin off their faces. She hates the Sith almost as much as the Jedi.

Smuggler:
Getting paid and getting laid, has a soft spot for the little guy and usually does the right thing in the end.

Sorc:
Evil and violent. Wants it all

Trooper:
just another Broski

TheBentOne
04.25.2012 , 12:55 PM | #23
Light Leaning Trooper: He is a bit of an idealist, and fights for the principles that the Republic was founded on, not what the Republic actually is (a cesspool of corruption). He is aware of the rampant corruption and hates the senate, but considers the empire to be glorified slave masters and oppressors which in his opinion is even worse than the corrupt indifference of the senate. He also hates the Jedi, seeing them as hypocrites who sit in their temples and capital ships meditating while ignoring the plight of those who can't protect themselves, while being indifferent to the millions of innocents they send to their deaths daily.

He won't follow orders if he believes them to be morally wrong, finding General Garzas' win at all costs approach to be absolutely repugnant (and he lets her know this), and is willing to fight the establishment to remove the corrupt from service. (If I was allowed to my trooper would send whathisface the Weequay out the airlock) but at the same time shows little mercy for unapologetic imperials and imperial sympathizers. (Dorne and Fuse he is ok with because they realized they how bad the empire was and worked to change their ways)

The most important thing to him is helping the people who donít have the means to defend themselves, the people that the Jedi and senate, in their ignorance and apathy forget even exist. He is an ordinary man that just wants to leave the galaxy a better place than when he came into it.
I bow to no one and give service only for cause.
- From the Journeyman Protectors oath.

AbsolutGrndZero
04.25.2012 , 01:22 PM | #24
Well, my Dark Jedi Sentinel, Ashley... Her motivation is to help the Republic. She's willing to do things others might not be for the greater good.

A in-game email you get floored me when she got it, because it so well summed up how I have been playing her, so I have made it her favorite quote from her favorite poet.

That is, Boh-orus wrote, "Better for some to sacrifice purity than for all to surrender to darkness."

Overall, I play her as a good person, she's not rude, she's very polite. But when it comes down to it, she doesn't take prisoners, she doesn't have silly notions that every Sith can be redeemed and become fine upstanding Jedi, as a general rule Sith die. She also has no problem bending the rules a bit for her own gain, which to her is for the greater good, because the better she is, the better she can serve the Republic.

As an RP aside, there has always been (at least in the RPGs) a "Illusion" ability that some Jedi/Sith can learn, so I have her learn it and she uses it to hide her dark side corruption. For the most part, unless you have reason to question that she might be corrupted, her dark side corruption is off because she's projecting the illusion into your mind, and you don't KNOW to try to resist. But, if I am like in a flashpoint and I win on a dark side decision, i'll toggle on the dark side corruption for a bit.... (as long as i am with a group who RPs therefore would care).
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

Darth_Solrac
04.25.2012 , 01:31 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by AbsolutGrndZero View Post

As an RP aside, there has always been (at least in the RPGs) a "Illusion" ability that some Jedi/Sith can learn, so I have her learn it and she uses it to hide her dark side corruption. For the most part, unless you have reason to question that she might be corrupted, her dark side corruption is off because she's projecting the illusion into your mind, and you don't KNOW to try to resist. But, if I am like in a flashpoint and I win on a dark side decision, i'll toggle on the dark side corruption for a bit.... (as long as i am with a group who RPs therefore would care).
VERY nice, RP intricate thing to do. I might start doing the same. But what's the shortcut for it? My Sorc is currently using Force Mask to hide his 'corruption' in RP too.
Nobody expects the Sith Inquisition!
Guild: Imperial Army.
Darth (Markos) Solrac: LV 50, Dark Sith Sorcerer.
Draykos Solrac: LV 29, Dark grey Jedi Guardian.

J-Slice
04.25.2012 , 01:44 PM | #26
To serve the Republic, no matter the cost, no matter what sick, disgusting, dark-side actions my character has to make, he will serve the rightful government.

^ That is the "public" image he portrays to his superiors.

His true internal motivations are revenge on Tavus' betrayal and the defection of his SpecForce Team, Havoc Squad. Personal gain are placed after serving the republic, but he won't say no to some well paying side jobs. Also, he is a bit of a zealot, so he kills all traitors, all potential traitors, and lies, cheats, steals, and takes advantage of all who oppose the Republic.

AKA 100% Tier 5, 0 LS points, Dark-Sided Trooper XD
Vorinth Candelebra, Sith Sorcerer (Madness)
The Harbinger
For the Empire!

DanteRagnarok
04.25.2012 , 03:41 PM | #27
Major Koldury, Commando Trooper

Stands for the military ideals of honor and duty above all. He has and will disobey corrupt, self serving orders from his superiors as his first oath of service was given to the ideals of the Republic. However, he is not above dark deeds as long as they serve the greater good, "better to sacrifice one than to watch a thousand burn." He views the Empire as a collection of violent, mindless drones and despises his Bounty Hunter brother with a vengeance. He won't rest until the Imp Scum have been pushed back to Dromund Kass and he watches the planet burn like Coruscant did years

Darksaberexile
04.25.2012 , 04:05 PM | #28
Main: Astinic, neutral IA sniper (net LS + DS = 0, didn't actually try for that lol).
His primary motivation is to make the galaxy better for everyone that isn't a Jedi or Sith. The Sith harm the Empire more than they help through constant infighting and a lack of regard for throwing away troops. He considers the Jedi to be no better based on personal interactions with them, and will kill anyone that betrays him or takes advantage of him when needed. However, if sparing someone will make them a valuable resource, it happens. (Fathra was spared, as an example, as was Chance.) In order to achieve his goal of improving the Empire, he works as a lone agent, preferring not to be recognized for anything he does since recognition leaves a path someone can follow to try to catch up to him.

Alt: Shadeswind, DS IV marauder
His motivation is to gain power and serve the Emperor. He'll do almost anything to undermine the Republic, but will not always kill anyone affiliated with them. However, any mercy he shows is expected to be repaid, such as calling on a spared Republic squad to help fight another Sith. When fighting Jedi, he prefers to try to turn them to the dark side before killing them, exposing them as liars and weak in their own beliefs.

Jay_Stocker
04.25.2012 , 04:26 PM | #29
my trooper was just to protect the Republic and its citizens, and eliminating any enemies.

Light side from saving people.... with dark side killing Siths.... sent me grey. perfect.....except there arent any rewards.... so after a while i just went full Light side. but then those rewards dont last either....

iamthehoyden
04.25.2012 , 05:20 PM | #30
LS BH - My ******** idependent Chiss works for the Empire because they pay her, but she looks at the bigger picture and tries to stay on the side of right. That doesn't always mean LS decisions, because sometimes mercy is not the right answer. (On an aside, this has meant that occasionally she turns down side quests that involve doing heinous things. She'd rather take the xp hit :P) Oh, and never bowing and sc******...ever.

LS Trooper - She honestly believes in the ideals of the Republic, but is well aware of its faults so she doesn't trust the Senate or the upper ranks of the military (especially with doomsday weapons). So she does her part, helps out those she can, smacks the idiots she can reach, and makes up her own mind on the best course of action. She's a professional, extremely goal-oriented and efficient, and takes her responsibilities to her team very seriously. And she has a serious thing for Aric Jorgen, lol.

LS Consular - So far no DS points, she is wise, patient, spiritual, and curious. She follows the Force rather than edicts from the Council or the Senate, and trusts that things will work out. Above all she wants to learn.

LS Inquisitor - She's the m-f**king queen, and she knows it. Make her a slave, will you? She'll rule this dirtball and the rest of the galaxy someday, just watch her. She has no patience whatsoever for idiots, bows to no one, and hates slavery and torture. She'll most likely make quite a few DS decisions along the way because she's not particularly kind, it's just that cruelty is usually monumentally stupid.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box