Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is your character's motivation?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Roleplaying
What is your character's motivation?

Velaran
04.24.2012 , 01:57 PM | #1
IE, their overarching end goal.

For example, my main character (The Sith Marauder, Ven'arth) is dead-set on two things: The preservation and improvement of the Empire, and the eventual reunification of the Sith and Jedi Orders. Not the most likely thing to happen, yes, but aim high, you know?

Darth_Solrac
04.24.2012 , 02:15 PM | #2
My Inq./Sorc. mirrors me in my opinion & would be goals for the empire. New, more sane, active role in governing as the new Sith Emperor.
Nobody expects the Sith Inquisition!
Guild: Imperial Army.
Darth (Markos) Solrac: LV 50, Dark Sith Sorcerer.
Draykos Solrac: LV 29, Dark grey Jedi Guardian.

bright_ephemera
04.24.2012 , 02:38 PM | #3
LS Marauder: The preservation and extension of the Empire. Once she would've said she was doing it for the good and the personal freedom of everyone who would have the nerve to follow their desires. Now...less so. Oh, the Empire will be served, but let everyone see the galaxy for what it is - cold, cruel, ruled only by the strongest and most cunning. Good thing for her, she's strong.

She's...less LS now. Her mercy, when she still grants it, is a joke.

Grey Agent: The preservation and extension of the Empire as well, only his loyalty came down on the side of the Force-blind citizens. The civilian Empire is the galaxy's best chance for order. The Sith are a liability, and though it is not practical to destroy them, it is important to evade them so we can get real work done.

Smuggler: Action, credits 'n' pretty men, of course. Her associates can handle the paperwork so long as she's kept in cash.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

neobyzantium
04.24.2012 , 02:39 PM | #4
Well, my main character (Sith Juggernaut Detheroc) seeks to aid the Sith Empire in its quest to take over the galaxy as he feels it would benefit the Sith and everyone else in the galaxy. He also seeks to reform the empire from within to make it somewhat more benign and feels that one's powers don't determine whether you're good or evil, it's how you use them that matters.

He also has a deep disdain for the Jedi as he regards them as being in denial of the fact that all beings are emotional in some shape or form. Plus he doesn't like how they allow themselves to be dictated by the Republic's politicians and feels that users of the force should rule over those who aren't force users. However, he seeks to convert the Jedi to the ways of the Sith. Any Jedi who don't convert, try to kill him or other Sith and Imperials he'll strike down.

AwesomePeters
04.24.2012 , 03:03 PM | #5
LS Consular - The preservation and continuing existence of the Republic and Jedi Order. She believes that they are the best chance for peace within the galaxy. However her mercy is almost a flaw as she tries to avoid killing whenever possible which may lead to dangerous individuals coming back for another round.

LS Inquisitor - To build and maintain a huge power base so that she can begin her ultimate goal: To change the Empire and the Sith from within. She fights as a Sith as she believes they are right about emotions, but she also believes that they shouldn't be able to treat non-force users as dirt as it will lead to a weaker Empire. Despite showing compassion and mercy she will ruthlessly cut down anyone who stands between her goal.

Charon
04.24.2012 , 03:06 PM | #6
My main character (Kot Skirata a Chiss Bounty Hunter) is more about honorable fights. He is also about getting credits from the empire, he is not extremely loyal to the empire, he wishes for the Mandalorians to enter a war against the republic and the empire, show their might and return to their former glory. He doesn't like the arrogance of sith lords.

However, since he is loyal to the Chiss Ascendancy, he wouldn't betray the empire.

Jenovan
04.24.2012 , 03:46 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Charon View Post
My main character (Kot Skirata a Chiss Bounty Hunter)
Ha, are you on SotE? I think I've seen you around the Fleet.

My BH, Kjara (also a Chiss), is out for awesomeness and profit. By awesomeness, I mean that she wants to show that she's the best there is, moreso than being famous. (I suppose the two sort of go hand in hand, but you could be famous and still be a subpar BH...)

As a more subconscious motivation, she wants to prove that she's a good Mandalorian -- because she's not really been a poster-child for the Chiss in her lifetime. She feels both that she's disappointed her family and her people, and that maybe if she excels in her chosen profession, she can justify it. "See, Mom and Dad? I'm the very best in the galaxy at this job. That makes it a good choice, right?"

So... I guess she's driven to prove herself. The fact that she also holds grudges for a long time is a sort of side effect of that. If you try to belittle her or deny her skill, she will f'in' haunt you until she gets to demonstrate otherwise.
Ebon Hawk * The Thirteenth Legion * RP/Social/Casual
Kjara | Avidior | Mizret | Ysmena
Forging Fortune * Aviditas

Charon
04.24.2012 , 04:07 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenovan View Post
Ha, are you on SotE? I think I've seen you around the Fleet.
Yup I'm in SotE

elliotcat
04.24.2012 , 04:13 PM | #9
My main, Ayang, is a smuggler, but she is not really in it for the money. Her mother is a Jedi who was disappointed that Ayang couldn't use the Force and gave her to a boarding school, then adopted a Twi'lek (my JK) and has a VERY obvious preference for her adopted daughter. So Ayang is out to prove that you can be heroic and make a real difference no matter who you are. She fell into her current career mostly on accident, after working as a "dancer" (she did a little more than dancing) and having a client take pity on her. She is desperate to earn her mother's love even though deep down she knows she never will. As she gains fame/power in the underworld her motivation is changing more toward protecting other young women who might be taken advantage of when they have nowhere else to go.

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"[/SIZE]

OldVengeance
04.24.2012 , 08:15 PM | #10
Of my Main Imperial characters:

Radaraan, My Sith Warrior - Serving the Empire by crushing it's enemies everywhere. Particularly the Jedi and the Republic.

Severius, My Sith Inquisitor - Gaining power particularly over the fools he seems surrounded with.

Gybran, My Bounty Hunter - Making a positive difference wherever he goes, and getting paid.