Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.2.1 patch install and repair issue

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
1.2.1 patch install and repair issue

Elfa
04.24.2012 , 12:55 PM | #1
Upon reaching 73% on the install of patch 1.2.1, my Video Drivers (Cat 12.3 WHQL) crash and after a minute or so, I get a prompt to repair.

After starting repair, it says repairing 6 files and then other than movement in the KB/s area, nothing else seems to change.
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

Elfa
04.24.2012 , 01:24 PM | #2
I'm on my 4th try at this. I'm not sure what to do here.
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

Elfa
04.24.2012 , 02:33 PM | #3
Ok, I've given up, repair is doing nothing but resulting in the repair ending and the patcher telling me there was an error patching and it needs to repair; again. Over and over it goes.

What do I do now. It seems to be unpatchable and unrepairable. If I have to reinstall, I won't. It's too long and too much hassle with my slow connection. If I have to reinstall 2+gigs on my slow connection because you broke my perfectly good install, it's simply not worth it to me, I'm sorry.

WAYNEOS
04.24.2012 , 02:36 PM | #4
I got a similar issue, been through the repair notes that are stickied up there, but I am still sat here waiting for it to repair. Not got to teh end of the repair so I hope I don't get this issue as well.

Elfa
04.24.2012 , 02:57 PM | #5
Well, as it turns out, this may have been my fault. I forgot to change remove my ramdisk setup from SWTOR Unleashed.

Not sure yet, but after removing it, the number of files needing repair is 5 and there seems to be some movement.

scarecrowman
04.24.2012 , 03:10 PM | #6
Have the same issue. Getting tierd of this ****** perfomance game. Allways trouble with the patches-

Elfa
04.24.2012 , 03:17 PM | #7
Well, this is actually my first problem with any patch. It just sucks because it fixes the one thing I've been waiting for, color match headpiece issues.

Damn, I really want to play.

DarthFamine
04.24.2012 , 03:35 PM | #8
i am getting the 5 files issue as well on my desktop, but it patched fine on my laptop
"It might be fear, or anger, or hatred, or perhaps even suffering that makes a man fall to the dark side, but it is without a doubt regret, that keeps him there."
-Darth Famine
www.RJKgaming.com