Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Set Bonuses

zoltarDO
04.24.2012 , 12:53 PM | #1
So I read that you can still get the set bonus on items if you at least move the armoring mod of that item to your new piece. I get that if it is true. But I also read that you need to move it to a piece that is post 1.2. How do I know what a post 1.2 item is? Thanks in advance
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."

alkoxide
04.24.2012 , 01:06 PM | #2
The 1.2 PVE gear are those that start with campaign and black hole, and the PVP gear starts with war hero

Subatia
04.24.2012 , 01:07 PM | #3
The War Hero PvP armor and Campaign Armor (from the new Operation) are the only armor sets that have the set bonus attached to the Armor Mod.

The older stuff (Tionese, Columni, Rakatta, Battle Master) the set bonus is attached to the armor piece itself.

If you want a custom look, get your 5 pieces and pull the mods out of your chest and put them in a Orange chest. Not perfect, but it is a little customization I can use til I get some new stuff.
The CS in this game is amazing. It takes a certain amount of skill to turn a fan into an unsubscriber in 4 short hours.

Notannos
04.24.2012 , 01:07 PM | #4
Hello zoltarDO,

Below is a quote by David Hunt regarding how to determine what armor sets are from Game Update 1.2. The following information is located in the following thread: Does the War Hero set bonus transfer?.

Quote: Originally Posted by DavidHunt View Post
While you can follow the rule of "gear that is new in 1.2 or later has the set bonus on the mods," there are also a couple ways to tell if a set bonus will transfer by looking at an item you have:

1. Open the modification window for the item, then mouseover the Armoring. If the tooltip for the Armoring lists a set bonus, then it is the source of the bonus.

2. If the item is equipped, check the set bonus criteria in the item tooltip. Instead of seeing something like "War Hero Force-Master's Boots" you will see "War Hero Force-Master's Boots (Armoring)." The (Armoring) indicates that the set bonus is coming from the mod, not the gear.

zoltarDO
04.24.2012 , 01:16 PM | #5
Thanks everyone, that's perfect!!
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."