Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why the lack of lowbie items on the GTN?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Why the lack of lowbie items on the GTN?

Optionalboss
04.25.2012 , 09:23 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by GnatB View Post
That's another issue with the current crafitng... the RE system strongly incentivises you to only learn (and thus sell) schematics you yourself will use. You barely have time to learn THOSE schematics, much less other ones. And since all of the crewskill bonuses come from your companions, and the companions you get come from the class, there is a strong correspondance between class and crewskill. Most armstech are smugglers, most armormech are troopers, most synthweavers are knights, most artifices are sages etc. So you end up with a lot of cunning weapons, aim & str armor, and will hilts.

Just be glad most knights run around with Kira, (so you get more than a few making will armor) and smugglers with Corso (so you get more than a few aim weapons)
Good points GnatB.
Since I'm a multi-character type of guy, I usually end up making at least the blue level of all the hilts and the shields, since I know those are usually pretty scarce in the GTN.
I am finally starting to get annoyed at the 50 item limit, that could easily be doubled. It is true the more I think about it, what would you put up on the GTN- 30 items for low levels that people might need but will net you 30-50k or 30 high level mats and crafted items that will net you 300-750k?

I'm just fortunate that right now the excess I have are of the former, not the latter.

ThiborF
04.25.2012 , 09:28 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Taomist View Post
I've been seeing multiple people spamming trade with level 12-20 oranges going for 80K and up.
???

Are these realistic prices? Yeah I know you can spent the money to mod them up to use until 50 < I guess> but seriously, ***?
The sellers are banking on the idea that the vanity driven 50s will scoop these up because it offers an alternate look.

Gharlane
04.25.2012 , 10:17 AM | #33
Lots of good points. The fast leveling makes it not really worth it to really gear up along the way (although I play alot of alts and actually avoid killing to try and slow my leveling down) Limited GTN space so people naturally post only the best sellers/most profitable items. My biggest isue with low/mid lvl crafting to sell is its just a royal PITA for at best iffy returns. Learn the schematics, farm the common mats, run missions for the blue and purple mats, RE the blue schematic, RE the purple schematic (and hope that doesnt take you 30 trys) maybe have to go farm more mats and run more missions, FINALLY craft a bunch of stuff and hope it sells. Theres LOTS easier ways to make credits.

GnatB
04.25.2012 , 10:41 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Taomist View Post
I've been seeing multiple people spamming trade with level 12-20 oranges going for 80K and up.
???

Are these realistic prices? Yeah I know you can spent the money to mod them up to use until 50 < I guess> but seriously, ***?
Other poster touched on this, but I'd asume those lvl 12-20 oranges advertised for 80k+ are crit crafted "augmented" stuff.

Currently those items are the only means of obtaining "BiS" for most slots, and as such are in fairly good demand, and not just for the esthetics. That being said, the parts to make them are cheap, the chance of making them isn't all THAT low, so 80k+ is (IMO) way excessive. Prices that high will just encourage people to make a quick crafting alt, do it themselves, then try to get their share of the inflated prices, thus crashing your market FAST.

grandmthethird
04.25.2012 , 10:53 AM | #35
at the moment i'm making quite a few low level orange chest pieces, i'm looking for the qugment slotted ones to sell. however i normally put 3-4 non augmented pieces on for about 3k

other than that i put any augment slot blue or purple i create that i don't use while i'm leveling. atm i'm level 30, however i imagine when i reach level 50 i also will only be making high end gear looking for best profit. they need to do something to encourage us to make low end gear maybe make the mats easier to obtain for low level quests
"Hope has a vicious enemy called fate"

okwathne
04.25.2012 , 11:13 AM | #36
Im cybertech on my main and only lvl 50, do not put anything on GTN....
I have crafted a ton of stuff for my alts, and a friend free of charge with a lot of my mats, he often return mats he don't need anymore for his synthweaving so i can use it on my main (Underworld metal) or artifice alt (crystals, fragments and gemstones....)
I have crafted for guildies, using my materials, looking at GTN, and then looking at what i use for the crafting giving them a good price....
People ask for cybertechs in general, i can craft for them....
It will take 5-60 minutes to get it all if they have a big order, but that is not my problem.
We come to a deal, and i meet them or COD in mail.
So ask in general for cybertech (Armorings and mods) or Artifice for other upgrades you could need....

uniz
04.25.2012 , 12:07 PM | #37
i agree with many of you that this games gtn has too many limitations. these really are not needed if other mmo's out there can NOT have them and they work just fine. the problem is the industry is fixated on copying certain mmos down to the tee without knowing that not everytthing was a good idea in the first place.

there is no need for a time limit, upfront auction fee, nor number of items for sale limit. this in itself makes it a minigame to keep posting items and having enough coin on alts to keep doing so.

i, like many of you, have tried to put items up on the gtn only to have them mailed back to me. then i have to make a decision to keep posting tying up credits or re for mats. after a few times of this you just stop posting. sure some stuff sells and some doesnt but it really is a crap shoot as to what and when this happens. server volume plays a important part too. sadly i just dont post anything anymore. i have a 400 cybertech, 400 armortech and also a 400 synthweaver on another server too. i just craft for alts now.