Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lost Island Nerf?

ragamer
04.25.2012 , 08:04 AM | #21
We do this instance regularly and a few tips for L-5R (I would add tips for all bosses... But that will make this a Bibble, soz):

- Your melee and your Tank needs to be as close as possible to existing Electric Spheres (They grow twice after the initial deployment). That way half each sphere will be "lost in the other". DO this and you will have always a place to run. Ranged DPS should do the same as they have more placement options but's not a requirement. If you have melee DPS ONLY, be carefull to not block completely a row of Specimen Tubes... "Patient Zero" are ranged and you may find yourself unable to DPS them.

- Incinerate IS an AOE DoT. It affects EVERYTHING in 4m around the current target. Every1 should keep 5m+ from the tank at all times. The DoT channel can be fully interrupted with fast reflexes. The DoT CAN BE CLEANSED (it has 3 charges on a fully complete channel) but any GCD spent on cleansing will remove 2 of them. 1 DoT charge is healable without problems.

- "Experimental Cannon" is a pain not because of the damage or agro reset... It's because, combined with a badly placed Electrical Sphere may trigger a situation were a melee-only interrupt tank find himself away from the Boss when "Experimental Cannon" ends, well... If the tank is not on melee range, L will alter the casting order and will mostly try to Incinerate. WATCHOUT this combo if your tank is a JK. The tank should taunt the Boss right before EC channel is about to end because is at the end were agro is cleaned.

- Interrupt as much "Plasma Arc" as possible... But only by ppl not the MT. On an average party you have another interrupter also (If it's the healer tell him to Focus the boss and use a "Cast on focus" on his interruption power).

From all the above tips the most important one to explain, if you find yourself as the leader of a PuG, is "Get as close as possible to existing Electrical Spheres"... Just by doing this you will avoid most of the "bad combos" that can happen. Obviously, interrupting Incinerate is not that hard to do (with the caveat I explained above).

Mishko
04.25.2012 , 11:24 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurojiin View Post
And all content should be puggable because?
Because u cant run flashpoints with guild anytime u want, and i think flashpoints(dungeons) should be instances where players can gear up for operations.

Onmensch
04.25.2012 , 11:30 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Mishko View Post
Because u cant run flashpoints with guild anytime u want, and i think flashpoints(dungeons) should be instances where players can gear up for operations.
exactly my thoughts
I eat young padawans for breakfast!

Codek
04.25.2012 , 11:44 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Mishko View Post
7/8 HM offer Columni gear which is more then enough for starting OPs. These are also easily beaten and no longer have a lockout preventing farming.

1/8 HM offers a true challenge for those who don't want to put together an 8-man group. the gear is a step up for the effort put in because of this.

I don't really see how 1 FP can really make a difference in the ability of players obtaining gear for starting OP's. And, considering guilds seem to be the majority of the groups running this one FP, I would imagine that most guilds do have the ability to run this anytime they want.
~Codek

Onmensch
04.25.2012 , 11:51 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Codek View Post
7/8 HM offer Columni gear which is more then enough for starting OPs. These are also easily beaten and no longer have a lockout preventing farming.

1/8 HM offers a true challenge for those who don't want to put together an 8-man group. the gear is a step up for the effort put in because of this.

I don't really see how 1 FP can really make a difference in the ability of players obtaining gear for starting OP's. And, considering guilds seem to be the majority of the groups running this one FP, I would imagine that most guilds do have the ability to run this anytime they want.
7/8 HM, only last boss drops columi gear. One piece and if you're unlucky, a piece for a class that;s not even in the group.
I eat young padawans for breakfast!

BeepReaper
04.25.2012 , 11:59 AM | #26
I've healed it twice as a sorcerer. Once was juggernaut tank, sniper and merc dps; the second group had a marauder instead of the sniper. I got my first piece of rakata from Lorrick. I know the merc had tionese weapons, but I'm not sure about anyone else.

Though both were successful, the group with the marauder was easier to heal. Melee has better interrupts.

Codek
04.25.2012 , 12:04 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Onmensch View Post
7/8 HM, only last boss drops columi gear. One piece and if you're unlucky, a piece for a class that;s not even in the group.
Sounds more like this is becoming an argument over if you prefer the long and easy grind for gear or the short and hard grind. There is no such thing as quick and easy loot so I hope that's not what your implying here.
~Codek

Thegriss
04.25.2012 , 12:15 PM | #28
Was able to finish this instance the day after the patch. Full rakata sorc healer, Full rakata jugg tank, Pyro Powertech BH in columi/rakata and a sniper in columi/rakata. The fight is Very hard but doable. Took us 7 pulls to get him. Moving and interrupting is key in this fight. Dont think this fight can be done by a group in only tioness gear.

uniz
04.25.2012 , 01:29 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Thegriss View Post
Was able to finish this instance the day after the patch. Full rakata sorc healer, Full rakata jugg tank, Pyro Powertech BH in columi/rakata and a sniper in columi/rakata. The fight is Very hard but doable. Took us 7 pulls to get him. Moving and interrupting is key in this fight. Dont think this fight can be done by a group in only tioness gear.
thank you for telling us how well geared you are and how it went. we tried this the other day and found it a challenge and after a while gave up. we only gave up because of time constrants and not because we werent making progress. our best attempt was to 9% and usually got him to 25%. what our problem was the lag with everything going on. at times it was just horrible and made interrupting impossible.. fun fight though. none of us have any rakata drop gear almost columi out with tionesse weapons and misc gear. we thought we might be slightly under geared for him right now but is doable without the lag. god forbid if you have only melee dps as getting the adds off the healer will be a challenge. had a trooper tank, trooper dps, sage healer and a gunslinger dps and are all geared about the same.

over all we liked the zone and its diificulty thus far. it make us think and not just pull a entire room aoe mentality. also those little trash droids can zap you to death real fast and are never close enough to aoe down easily. so look out for them the first time you go in.

Hologramx
04.25.2012 , 06:45 PM | #30
Only 4-5 ppl in my guild can kill him, they have spent 4+ hours to get it work and since then, it is always the same group doing it and no one else get invited to join them. We are all rakata geared, but this FP is forbidden to new guys unless you are willing to lose hours and even risk for a call by adding someone new to your group. And even so, they only do it once per week.

What is a Flashpoint that no one would want to do it more than once a week? This is NO CONTENT for everyone. It is a content for less than 0.01% of the player base.

Besides, being able to kill him once or twice does not mean he is always doable for you. You might be only lucky to have him bugged or happened to have a perfect group running it. This is a 4-man content and anyone who is a bit clumsy, even well-geared, is not allowed to be there. There is no way a good player can cover up for him, not like in a operation. Zero tolerance for a hard mode 4-man FP? What kind of brain they have? Are they trying to BEAT THEIR HARDCORE CUSTOMERS WITH DIFFICULTY?