Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lost Island Nerf?

Frumph
04.24.2012 , 09:10 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by _Admiral View Post
Boss is fine.

Can 1 shot it every attempt after running it twice.

No problems at all, even in Full Tionese.
Lies.

Hologramx
04.24.2012 , 09:18 PM | #12
Just ran it. Still Quest Impossible. I don't feel anything has changed since the last 2 times we failed it.
Plenty of lightning balls even we tried to interrupt everything.
Impossible for a group with any commando (no interrupt) or 2 melee. Broken design.
Makes me sick of this game. Any motives can drive me out of the game instantly.
If you happened to be able to kill the 1st boss and think it is easy, probably you are lucky to have hit a bugged one.
Besides, I don't think they are capable to fix anything like this in a week or so, considering so many small bugs still unfixed after 4 months ... They would say it is fine because they can't fix it in time for a response.

xJACKTHERIPPERx
04.24.2012 , 09:56 PM | #13
Boss is fine.

oh hai der Mr. Needsattention. was wondering when your epeen would pollute this thread.
<Prophecy of the Five> Munda - 55 Sniper | Seever - 55 Juggernaut | Kasra - 55 Assassin | Vasius - 55 Mercenary | Innoss - 55 Sage | Sediya - 55 Vanguard | Yellow'Polka - 55 Sentinel | Vi'da - 55 Scoundrel

JamesMartinez
04.24.2012 , 10:05 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Hologramx View Post
Just ran it. Still Quest Impossible. I don't feel anything has changed since the last 2 times we failed it.
Impossible for a group with any commando (no interrupt) or 2 melee. Broken design.
If you happened to be able to kill the 1st boss and think it is easy, probably you are lucky to have hit a bugged one.
Besides, I don't think they are capable to fix anything like this in a week or so, considering so many small bugs still unfixed after 4 months ... They would say it is fine because they can't fix it in time for a response.
All tanks have interrupts, they should get the incinerate. With 2 melee, just have the tank kite him around the room. Its harder but very doable if you have a good tank.

Iamsamsara
04.24.2012 , 10:13 PM | #15
It's really not a hard fight if your group can keep moving out of the lightning spires. People are complaining left and right about the new fp and the new op, because there are finally fights that you can't ignore mechanics. Move out of the spires, kill boss, profit. As has been said before with melee you need to move the boss as well, but it is still very doable.

Onmensch
04.25.2012 , 12:59 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Iamsamsara View Post
It's really not a hard fight if your group can keep moving out of the lightning spires. People are complaining left and right about the new fp and the new op, because there are finally fights that you can't ignore mechanics. Move out of the spires, kill boss, profit. As has been said before with melee you need to move the boss as well, but it is still very doable.
From what I've been reading on the forums, it just seems a bit overkill. You absolutely can't miss one, not one interrupt. That's really harsh, especially for the people who come from doing the previous flashpoints. These are really forgiving. I think it would be okay if they tuned it down a bit, but just a bit.
I eat young padawans for breakfast!

Mishko
04.25.2012 , 02:00 AM | #17
Boss is fine.

Meh, i solo him with pre 50 green gear. Srsly ppl, SS or it never happened.
And yes LI hm needs nerf coz it is almost impossible in pug and even hard in guild.

Aurojiin
04.25.2012 , 03:51 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Onmensch View Post
From what I've been reading on the forums, it just seems a bit overkill. You absolutely can't miss one, not one interrupt. That's really harsh, especially for the people who come from doing the previous flashpoints. These are really forgiving. I think it would be okay if they tuned it down a bit, but just a bit.
It's true that you can't miss an interrupt, but it's a semi-forgiving interrupt; Incinerate is channeled for three seconds; and you get a debuff stack for each second that goes by. One stack is quite survivable; two if your healer is on the ball and not already under pressure. Three and your tank is most likely going to go down like a lead balloon.

Malgus' Unlimited Power is channeled for 3 seconds, and if it goes through you all die (ok, I have survived once, when Salvation was down under the group and everyone was at max health, but that was a freak scenario). The difference with Incinerate is that the faster you interrupt it, the easier things are for your healer and thus the group as a whole.

Quote: Originally Posted by Mishko View Post
And yes LI hm needs nerf coz it is almost impossible in pug and even hard in guild.
And all content should be puggable because?

socman
04.25.2012 , 04:03 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Hologramx View Post
We ran it not long ago with 2 commando's (dps), a sage (healer), and a guardian (tank) and after a few wipes we learned the fight and it wasnt so bad.
Our group wasnt even full columi either.

Sure the fight is difficult, but with a group who knows how to play it is very do-able.

Xereck
04.25.2012 , 04:31 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by socman View Post
We ran it not long ago with 2 commando's (dps), a sage (healer), and a guardian (tank) and after a few wipes we learned the fight and it wasnt so bad.
Our group wasnt even full columi either.

Sure the fight is difficult, but with a group who knows how to play it is very do-able.
We ran this with our guild composed of 1 WM Sent, GS, Shadow Tank and Scoundrel heals all full Columni or Rakata. This fight literally caused my optical brain function to shut down, *********** lightning and fire everywhere CHAOS.

We are very coordinated understand the fight's script and executed the plan . It was just so buggy that after 21 secs, I timed it with keyboard as a melee i had nowhere to stand and, yes are tank was pulling him around the entire room to avoid them but they started to overlap and stack on top of each other. Now dont get me wrong i love a challenge, I like to have to think and be very pro and reactive I however, do not like to have to repeatedly die to RNG. PHAILSAUCE