Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model

ZeroPlus
08.15.2012 , 01:40 AM | #61
With all the new Community focus on the forums, I wonder if we have someone responsible for Suggestions. Allison, would that be you?

If there is, any chance this topic could be brought up with the devs? We are going on 6 pages of nothing but passionate support for the idea and it would be nice to know that the devs are aware of our wish for another A-300 (or at least another pistol with the same model).
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

LtRipley
08.27.2012 , 03:03 PM | #62
I support this message.
@;-

Alabama the Pilot/44 Powertech/Skill Tree

Sirkeldron
09.26.2012 , 12:42 AM | #63
+1 from me !!!
Sir Keldron

Olympian Gods

Mithros
09.26.2012 , 02:04 AM | #64
Not a fan of that particular look, but I am all in favor of every bit of gear having an orange version available from somewhere.

While giving commendation vvendors a few more models, and the rest becoming available through the appropriate player crafters and schematic drops would be my ideal, I suspect that the Cartel store will have the first priority right now.

Whether the Cartel store will contain this particular pistol model in some color or another, or whatever armor patterns I or someone else might like remains to be seen, but there will be some gear in there.

If all that they have is another variation of what a BH might look like wearing this, this, or this then I doubt that they will be selling a whole lot of stuff, so I expect something different if not entirely new.
Beta Squadron 157

As long as we remember, it's never really gone.

Grinstone
09.26.2012 , 02:34 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeroPlus View Post
I was lucky enough to find a Two-Finger's Revenge for sale on the GTN and that is what I am currently using at 50. It is off-hand only, and it doesn't have the clean slick look of the A-300 (with that scope, the "under-the-barrel-thing" and I'm not a big fan of the color either (wish that it had the same gun-metal grey of the A-300)). Despite that, it actually looks OK.
I, for one, would love to have a blaster with the Two-Finger's Revenge model for a main-hand weapon (and had even made a post to that effect). It's rather silly that it's so difficult to find a matching set of blasters. The Elegant Modified Blaster Pistol is iconic, as well, but it's not to everyone's tastes. And since the whole point of having the orange gear is for people to be able to have their characters look like they want them to look...

Well. Yeah.
If it bleeds it's probably pissed that you shot it.

ZeroPlus
09.27.2012 , 08:09 AM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Grinstone View Post
I, for one, would love to have a blaster with the Two-Finger's Revenge model for a main-hand weapon (and had even made a post to that effect). It's rather silly that it's so difficult to find a matching set of blasters. The Elegant Modified Blaster Pistol is iconic, as well, but it's not to everyone's tastes. And since the whole point of having the orange gear is for people to be able to have their characters look like they want them to look...

Well. Yeah.
If you want an exact color match to Two-Finger's Revenge and you aren't adverse to a little PvP, you can get the War Hero Field Medic's Blaster Pistol (click the links to confirm the color match).

They dropped the price in 1.4 of the War Hero Field Medic's Blaster Pistol to 2000 Ranked Warzone Commendations (and you no longer need to buy the Battlemaster Field Medic's Blaster to be able to purchase it).

Back in the day, (about 2 months ago ), I was able to acquire both pistols over a period of 4 days (about 12 hours total) of PvP. It will probably take less time now as you no longer have to buy the Battlemaster Field Medic's Blaster. You can acquire Ranked Warzone Commendations from doing the Daily (100) and Weekly PvP (300) quests and (once you hit PvP Rank 40) by trading in 3xWarzone Commendations for 1xRated Warzone Commendations (from the PvP vendor on the fleet).

I still wish I had an exact match for my A-300 though .

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

Grinstone
09.27.2012 , 12:21 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeroPlus View Post
If you want an exact color match to Two-Finger's Revenge and you aren't adverse to a little PvP, you can get the War Hero Field Medic's Blaster Pistol (click the links to confirm the color match).

They dropped the price in 1.4 of the War Hero Field Medic's Blaster Pistol to 2000 Ranked Warzone Commendations (and you no longer need to buy the Battlemaster Field Medic's Blaster to be able to purchase it).

Back in the day, (about 2 months ago ), I was able to acquire both pistols over a period of 4 days (about 12 hours total) of PvP. It will probably take less time now as you no longer have to buy the Battlemaster Field Medic's Blaster. You can acquire Ranked Warzone Commendations from doing the Daily (100) and Weekly PvP (300) quests and (once you hit PvP Rank 40) by trading in 3xWarzone Commendations for 1xRated Warzone Commendations (from the PvP vendor on the fleet).

I still wish I had an exact match for my A-300 though .
Thanks for the tip!

I'll think about it. I'm not into PvP and don't much care for the thought of gimping my way through some PvP matches to try get this blaster. The information I have is that getting into ranked WZs requires a bit more than buying the basic PvP package, anyway.

Also, the 3D models TORhead uses appears to be some default placeholder, since the one for Two-Finger's Revenge does not actually match the blaster itself (compare the 3D model to the screenshot). In the end I think I'll just deal with it until the developers get in gear and finally figure out what they really want to do with the orange gear (edit: no pun intended).

Heck, armstech itself could still use a few tweaks. Considering the big blasters one can craft with armstech aren't that great and require 3 biometric alloys, they appear rather anemic compared to the Rakata quality gear armormechs can craft, for example.
If it bleeds it's probably pissed that you shot it.

kelavari
11.16.2012 , 11:29 AM | #68
Just wanted add my support for the OP's wonderful idea (and his damn fine suggestions on how to solve the problem ). About to roll a Gunslinger, and can't wait to finish Chap 1 to get at least one of these smexy beasts...

Bumped and /signed!

P.S. - Someone from Moderation respond and submit this idea already!

ZeroPlus
11.19.2012 , 06:15 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by kelavari View Post
Just wanted add my support for the OP's wonderful idea (and his damn fine suggestions on how to solve the problem ). About to roll a Gunslinger, and can't wait to finish Chap 1 to get at least one of these smexy beasts...

Bumped and /signed!

P.S. - Someone from Moderation respond and submit this idea already!
Thanks for the support!

Hope never dies.

AngelFluttershy
11.19.2012 , 06:57 PM | #70
I've actually found the Dark Nebula Heavy Blaster to look very similar, except for the unique sight and sound.