Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Want to have Infected companion customization Tradeable

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Want to have Infected companion customization Tradeable

Fatealis
04.24.2012 , 07:44 AM | #1
Hello All,

I'm sure if you participated in the Galactic Event you know what I'm talking about. Putting in hours upon hours to get an item that is random, only to have over 25 duplicates in your bags without the one you want. Having spent over 440 dna and who knows how much money we all know this is a terrible idea for a short weekly event. Did bioware not realize this from the old pvp loot bags? I enjoy this game very much but having put in time with nothing to show for it is nonsense. If the black and green color crystals were random It wouldnt matter there tradeable good deal at least. You let me down bioware, not to mention you closed two tickets pertaining to the event including a ticket about the Officer title for killing the three bosses.

So please Community of Swtor help support your unlucky friends who enjoy the fluff of the game as much as the rest of it. Thank you for any support you can show .
Noxx Hord The Force Walker - Assassin
Youtube Video Link
Server - Wound In The Force

Goretzu
04.24.2012 , 07:48 AM | #2
Well I'm not really sure doing it retrospectively is a good idea.

It creates more problems than it solves.

In future events the need to change this system though, the random bind on legacy idea just didn't work well (it was the only thing about the event that was bad in fact - barring the bugs).
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Acherom
04.24.2012 , 07:51 AM | #3
I would be ecstatic to see this happen.

I main an Agent, and over the course of the event I opened approximately 18 companion customization boxes. Not a single Vector.

(18 * 20) : 360 DNAs spent, at 5 per pop: 72 explosions.
It was what, 20 minutes per explosion? That is literally 24 hours of game time invested, for what amounts to a pile of nothing.

To make it worse; I stopped playing my sage when my friends all re-rolled Empire. 6 of those 18 boxes, were Theran customizations.
"These people have lost a homeworld through no fault of their own. Offering them a new homeworld is the least I can do to compensate them for their loss." - Darth Sidious

Graverobbin
04.24.2012 , 07:56 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Acherom View Post

I main an Agent, and over the course of the event I opened approximately 18 companion customization boxes. Not a single Vector.

It was what, 20 minutes per explosion? That is literally 24 hours of game time invested, for what amounts to a pile of nothing.

To make it worse; I stopped playing my sage when my friends all re-rolled Empire. 6 of those 18 boxes, were Theran customizations.
24 booms? I sat on the fleet from day one until 20 minutes before server went down. All my free time was spent farming comp. customizations. I ended up with 60+ EXTRA customizations and not 1 was Corso Riggs, even though I watched people loot them left and right.

Edit: I had about 10 Vector.

Sasheria
04.24.2012 , 07:56 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Acherom View Post

I don't have IA and guess what? I got TWO Vector and no Mako

Acherom
04.24.2012 , 08:01 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Graverobbin View Post
24 booms? I sat on the fleet from day one until 20 minutes before server went down. All my free time was spent farming comp. customizations. I ended up with 60+ EXTRA customizations and not 1 was Corso Riggs, even though I watched people loot them left and right.

Actually 72 booms. The RNG was completely terrible, and to be frank I'm only posting because it made me quite sad. At least I can take comfort in the fact that I'm not alone in this rotten luck streak.

I'm with you on the Corso boat though; not a single Vector, Kira, or Corso in my mix.

Quote: Originally Posted by Sasheria View Post
I don't have IA and guess what? I got TWO Vector and no Mako
If they were trade-able, I would happily gift away all of mine in trade for a Vector. Have 4 makos sitting in my storage locker because... well I'm holding out on hope for anything really.
"These people have lost a homeworld through no fault of their own. Offering them a new homeworld is the least I can do to compensate them for their loss." - Darth Sidious

rafter
04.24.2012 , 08:01 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Graverobbin View Post

Yeah, random sucks. I got 6 customizations and the first 5 were Corso Riggs. That's right, 5 in a row! Luckily my 6th was Mako, which is the one I was after. They either should have made them tradable, made it so you could pick which one you wanted, or at least made it so you couldn't get the same one twice.

Fatealis
04.24.2012 , 08:31 AM | #8
Indeed anything would have been better. I actually stood up till the server went down ranting over how upset i was . I sat out of progression raid to make sure i got this since it would be gone and to no avail. Making it tradeable has no downsides . People can freely trade the crystals i don't see how this is a bad idea at all. I am officially a disgruntled subscriber .
Noxx Hord The Force Walker - Assassin
Youtube Video Link
Server - Wound In The Force

KristianTORFTW
04.24.2012 , 08:34 AM | #9
Agreed. I actually got really lucky, only took me 10 boxes total to get all 8, but it really sucks for those that didnt get the one they wanted, and 10 dupes of one they cant use.

Lethemback
04.24.2012 , 08:50 AM | #10
I'm with the OP. I also opened A TON of boxes (aprox. 300 samples that I got myself and from some guildies) and all I got was imperial skins (I really hate Vector and Mako now), and a Corso. I should mention that I'm a sentinel, heh...

Like some poster said, I don't think that they will change anything now, but at least I REALLY HOPE that they get rid of this terrible RNG system for the next event. Come on, wouldn't had it been fun if, at least, we had been able to trade our customizations with other players like if they were cards?

Cheers.
There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no death, there is the Force. There is LOVE to defeat the Dark Side.