Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Future 3D Space Combat

Banthosan
03.14.2013 , 02:02 AM | #612
I feel it is my duty to state.

X-Wing from the DOS days updated graphics and added as the "Space Combat" would kick ***. Just shift around the the faction names from the old to the new, for the story and it would fit perfectly. Through in a fur-ball Warzone to satisfy the PvP crowd where the players just wipe each other out. Not that this would add a few years to the production of a patch, but if it is good and it lasts, you will have won the heart of so many more Star Wars fans. I would play SW:ToR for that alone.

OddballEasyEight
03.14.2013 , 02:20 AM | #613
Quote: Originally Posted by Zertheron View Post
I don't think its a good idea.

1.) It takes lots of resources which could be used in better ways
2.) 3D space combat is a complete different game. I don't see the benefit for TOR
3.) Only a small number of players will be interested in such a feature. 3D space combat is much too difficult for most of the players.
Most requested feature in their polls and you say only a small number of players will be interested in it...

Longest running consecutive thread on the forums (until it finally got deleted in its 27th or 28th iteration) and you say only a small number of players will be interested in it...

im sure you are completely unbiased and not at all influenced by the fact that YOU dont care about it...
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

Devlonir
03.14.2013 , 02:23 AM | #614
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
Most requested feature in their polls and you say only a small number of players will be interested in it...

Longest running consecutive thread on the forums (until it finally got deleted in its 27th or 28th iteration) and you say only a small number of players will be interested in it...

im sure you are completely unbiased and not at all influenced by the fact that YOU dont care about it...
Actually.. looking at how it went in SWG.. it was fun for the people who enjoyed it, but what it created was a game within a game. And, for SWG at least, it made the empty planets even more empty. Now, that last bit isn't much of a problem for TOR and how it works and manages populations, but there are risks to it, even if it is the most requested feature (which is, for many people, also because it would basicly be a new game within a game they hope to get for free).
"Cows go 'Moo', Dogs go 'Woof', MMO Players go 'The PVP is unbalanced!" - Yahthzee
"I'm starting to get the feeling that BW and their MMO are not the dysfunctional ones." - Rafaman

OddballEasyEight
03.14.2013 , 03:09 AM | #615
Quote: Originally Posted by Devlonir View Post
Actually.. looking at how it went in SWG.. it was fun for the people who enjoyed it, but what it created was a game within a game. And, for SWG at least, it made the empty planets even more empty. Now, that last bit isn't much of a problem for TOR and how it works and manages populations, but there are risks to it, even if it is the most requested feature (which is, for many people, also because it would basicly be a new game within a game they hope to get for free).
Considering how few people actually played SWG i dont think that is a good example.
It will be a game-within-a-game but so is PvP. I know plenty of people who only play warzones and barely play "the game" any longer than the first starter planet.
Doesnt mean we have empty planets...
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

Kayin
03.14.2013 , 04:18 AM | #616
Exellent. I haven't played space at all. I've patiently waited for this. Looks like I get to fly soon
The instrument of domination

Thoop
03.14.2013 , 05:26 AM | #617
so what is the "secret" in the super secret space project??
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
I've been waiting for you, Thoop. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the poster; now *I* am the troll!
#myfreeswagreferallink- > http://www.swtor.com/r/4cqDGG

Malefik
03.14.2013 , 06:27 AM | #618
Quote: Originally Posted by Voranis View Post
Are you sure you are remembering the right game?
Perhaps you never adjusted the controls to suit you?

Mouse control was IMO far superior to joystick in JTL, much more precise.
Not to mention the simplest form of control, anything but "difficult to manage".
If you had problems with the controls in JTL, then you must also find games like 'skyrim' hard to play.

Now if you were a just plain 'bad pilot' and trying to fly say a Firespray, or better yet a B-wing, against a group of T5 droid fighters without the skill to make those ships work. Then, sure it could be tough.
That had nothing to do with the controls though.

There is nearly no difference in terms of mouse control between the rail shooter and the way JTL was, except that JTL's mouse control was fully customizable.

I spent many joy filled hours killing T5 driod fighters. Nothing like having 5 of them on your 6.
BLESSED DARKNESS
~~~x~~~~~x~~~~~x~~~~~x~~~~x~~~~~x~~~~~x~~~~~x~~~
~~x~~x~~> May the Dark Light shine! <~~x~~x~~

Serving the Dark Side since 1999

Jagrevi
03.17.2013 , 01:46 PM | #619
Quote: Originally Posted by Zilkin View Post
I'm glad they are trying to strengthen the parts of the game that seperate them from the competitioners instead of adding new raids etc. which tiny part of the playerbase see.
Agreed.
Planned Twi'lek Scoundrel

Zojak
06.14.2013 , 07:48 PM | #620
Quote: Originally Posted by SNCommand View Post
I can already picture all the complaining when they decide to implement it

"Why are they taking so long to finish it?!"

"Why is it so difficult?!"

"Why is the difference between a well geared and a "normal" starfighter so huge?!"

"Why did they spend time creating this when they should have fixed bugs?!"

"Where's capital ship combat?!"
Man you called that one.
"The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the soul's tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore must the soul deceive, despise and murder men." A.J.Durai